Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(37)This is weird...

You couldn’t fight him, or didn’t want to, as you laid on top of him feeling his lips caress yours. It felt so good just to be near him, but you also felt guilty, even though you had moments like this with the other guys.
His lips moved from yours, and he looked up into your eyes, “Big, stupid what?”
You huffed, and rolled your eyes at him and you laid your head down on his chest and listened to his breathing. It was slow, constant, and steady, lulling you up and down until you felt drowsy.
“I hope you’re not falling asleep on me,” he said, just as your eyelids fell.
You turned your head and looked up at him curiously, “And just why can’t I fall asleep on you?”
“I don’t know,” he ran his hand from your forehead to your jaw, “You probably drool, and snore.”
You slapped his hand away, and got up, “You know, if this is the date for you then it doesn’t seem to be going so well.”
Chase sat up, looking shocked, “What do you mean? This isn’t the date…”
“Is too,” you argued, smoothing your clothes out, “We’re here, alone, no one else around, kissing, sounds like a date to me.”
“So you kissed all the others?”
You blushed, not having meant to let out that bit of information. “I just mean… that’s what people do on dates… you know…”
He gave you an amused look, then laid back down with his hands behind his head, “Actually I don’t really know… I haven’t been on all that many dates.”
Now that was just something you couldn’t believe, “You’re lying… there’s no way with all the flirting and-”
“Do you know why I was being so flirtatious with Kira?” He asked, his voice serious now, as he stared up into space.
You sighed, and sat back down, hugging your knees to your chest, “You’re like that with all girls I thought…”
Chase shook his head, “How many girls have you seen me around? Sure I joke around about it a lot… but really I was doing it to make you jealous.”
Your eyes flicked over to him in surprise, “Why would you want to make me jealous?”
Chase took a deep breath in, and looked over to you, as he rested one of his hands on top of yours, “Because… I watch you all day long around my brothers, and if you haven’t noticed, I’d love to keep you all to myself. I thought maybe if you realized you were jealous, then you might want to spend more time with me…”
*Wow…* you thought, feeling a bit guilty now for how you thought. You had been kind of jealous to see him flirting with Ai, and it did make you jealous when he started talking about how he could be with any other girl he wanted. Now he was actually opening up to you, something he had never really done before. “I was jealous… but when you act like a complete jerk to me, it’s kind of hard to want to be near you…”
There was silence, and stillness for a few minutes, as you actually thought about what you had just said. You didn’t want to hurt his feelings… but it was true. Chase was often times a jerk to you, like he had to prove something to the other guys. And it made it so hard to get close to him, because when you tried, he’d do something uncalled for like try to make out with you, or touch you in some way.
You jumped a bit, as you felt yourself being pulled backwards, and realized Chase was pulling you back into his arms. You let him do it though, and snuggled down comfortably onto his chest and under his arms.
“I’m sorry, Kira,” Chase whispered, as though he wasn’t sure if he wanted you to hear it. “I’m not really used to doing things like this… to showing affection. All my life, I’ve been the strong, attractive, egotistical brother of us all, it was just how I was labeled. And I used to think if people saw me that way, then I’d be it, and believe it or not a lot of girls actually like guys like that. Who would treat them so badly… I’m glad you’re not though,” he brought one of your hands up to his lips and kissed it, “You deserve better than that…”
You couldn’t believe that this was Chase speaking to you so openly. *But then again all of them have surprised me…* you thought, and smiled. *Every day they surprise me with something new and wonderful… I don’t know what I’d do without them…*
“Kira?” Chase turned your face to him by your chin, and looked concerned, as he saw the tears in your eyes. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”
“No, it’s not that,” you shook your head, suddenly feeling stupid for letting it get to you in front of him. “What you said is really nice… I’m glad you can open up to me like that.”
“Well don’t expect it all the time,” he teased, poking you in the side.
“Hey…” you giggled, pushing his hands away as he tickled you, and his fingers strayed to go up your shirt a little. But now you knew, his teasing and jealously was just his way of showing you he cared.
“Can’t blame a guy for trying…” he sighed, but smiled down at you, and wrapped you tight in his arms, his fingers stroking an exposed portion of skin on your side. It made you shiver, as goosebumps rose in small specks along your side and arms.
“I think we should be going back…” you sighed, not really wanting to, but you knew someone would have found out about you missing, and then they would find out that Chase was missing, and you knew the thought of you disappearing with Chase probably wasn’t a very good thought for them, as it hadn’t been such a good for you before now.
“Do we have to?” He said, as he looked lovingly into your eyes, almost hypnotizingly. “let’s just run away together… get married.”
“Maybe someday,” You laughed, and put it off as a joke, as you stood up, but you had heard the serious tone in his voice.
He didn’t press the issue though, as he got to his feet, helped you get across the fence, and the both of you took off on his motorcycle.
He drove slower now, wanting to make it last, and even though it meant you didn’t have to hold on so tight, you still did, and watched as the horizon lit with the coming of dawn. You got in the driveway just before the top of the sun pierced the sky, and sat there, with him leaning against the motorcycle beside you, watching as it came up beyond the trees, bringing warmth to the Earth.
You closed your eyes to it as it got too bright, and Chase took the chance to steal one last kiss from you, leaning you back in his arms as he did, then just looked into your eyes as he pulled back. You reached up and ran your hands down his face, biting your bottom lip, wanting more, but knowing you shouldn’t.
He seemed to know what you were thinking, for he leaned in again but just as his lips pressed against your you put your hand up to block them, “We shouldn’t… it was a lovely night. Thanks for helping me…”
Chase looked pained, but nodded in understanding, and stood back. You got down from the motorcycle, and headed for inside, but before you got there Chase stopped you, with his hand on your wrist. “Here,” he said, as he held his hand open, and from his palm formed a beautiful rose, made of ice so clear it looked like crystal.
You took it in your hand, freezing to the touch, but even to your warm skin it didn’t melt. “It won’t,” he explained, running a finger down your face. “As long as I’m alive, it won’t ever melt…”
Your heart beat faintly, as you held it to your heart, not minding that it was numbing your hand. You smiled, and with one last light peck on the lips you ran inside…