Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(39)Kissing and Screaming

You groaned silently seeing Nye sleeping in your bed. You had almost forgotten she was staying here since you hadn’t seen her since you had gone to find Kyo and now here she was in your personal space. You didn’t want to be rude, unlike how she was being, so you left the room and stood outside the door wondering what you should do. There were other rooms for sure, but you weren’t sure if they were useable, so you walked down the hallway checking, finding all the ones you looked in didn’t have beds. Then you came to dark red door, and though your inner instincts told you, you shouldn’t bother a strange looking door you opened it anyway, and found Lunehtiel sleeping on the bed inside. You giggled thinking it cute the way he looked when he slept and crept a bit closer until you were right beside him and could hear his steady intake of breath.
“I guess I should leave him alone…” you mumbled to yourself, gently touching a hand to his cheek.
But with that touch his eyes opened, and he sleepily looked up at you, “Kira…? Am I dreaming…?”
You held back a laughed, “Yeah Lunehtiel. You’re dreaming…” You said in what you thought was a very dreamy voice.
He sat up and gave you a hard look before reaching out and touching your neck. Slowly his hand wandered down to you-
*slap*
You crossed your arms over your chest after slapping him and backed up a step, “You pervert!”
He looked confused, then blushed, “What you’re the one telling me I’m dreaming and I can’t even do what I want in my own dreams?”
“ Not with my body you can’t!” you yelled, going to the door.
“What are you doing up anyway?”
You stopped and sighed as you turned around, “Nye stole my bed, so I was looking around for a new one. But I can’t find one so I’m just gonna crash on the couch…”
“Wait,” he stopped you again while your hand was on the doorknob, “You can sleep here.”
You glared at him to remind him of what just happened.
“I promise I won’t touch you,” he said quickly, realizing what that look meant and since you were exhausted and a bed was definitely better than the couch you hopped into it with him and kissed his cheek before snuggling down next to him. You leaned your head on his chest with his arms around you and smiled up at him, “Thanks… Goodnight.”
He leaned down and kissed your nose, making you giggle, “Goodnight Kira…”
You didn’t fall asleep right away, as you took it in being held in Lunehtiel’s arms. You realized you hadn’t spent so much time with him lately, actually since you had gone on your date. You hated feeling like you weren’t giving him a fair chance, so you resolved to make things right with him since you had, had a good time with him. The other guys were just so high maintenance and he seemed to hang back while they soaked up your attention. You wondered why that was… Maybe he, like Chase, had something he was holding back and afraid to tell you. Just another mystery for you to solve, but you were getting good at it with these guys, who every time you turned around there was something else they hadn’t told you that you had to deal with. But it made things interesting, you had to give them that. You couldn’t imagine having a normal life like you used to, and you didn’t want to. This was your life, and these were your guys, even when picking one, they’d still be your best friends, and that meant a lot to you.
You laid there for the longest time thinking of the one who you truly thought you loved though, imagining a life with him, the wedding and the house and the kids you might someday have and fell into a peaceful sleep of dreaming of those things.

“Morning,” Kyo said to Chase as he passed Noki in the living room, who was still reading his books after you had gone to bed.
Noki did not reply, so deep in concentration.
“Why good morning Kyo,” Kyo mumbled sarcastically to himself, “Seen Kira yet?”
This time he sighed and looked up from his book, “She got home early this morning.”
“So she was with Chase?” Kyo asked anxiously and a bit fearfully. From what he knew of Chase you being alone with him didn’t sound like such a good idea…
Noki nodded.
Kyo sighed now, and went into the kitchen then sprinted to your room and quietly opened the door. All he saw was a lump on your bed covered in blankets so he assumed it was you and went up to it where leaned down and began to purr and rub against the lumps head. Then the blankets were tossed back and before he had time to notice the lump had blonde hair he kissed it and realized it wasn’t you. Both Nye and Kyo screamed at the same time as Kyo jumped back away from her, who was still screaming and clutching the blankets around her.
“You disgusting freak how dare you kiss me!” Kyo heard her yelling after him as he ran out the room and down the hall, passing Noki who still hadn’t moved, regardless of the screaming.
It did however wake you up and before Lunehtiel could open his eyes you were off and running down the hall to see what the commotion was. You had heard Kyo scream so you thought maybe something was attacking him, and even though you couldn’t really protect him, you would darn well try if something was happening.
Nye was still screaming, now just being a total drama queen about it, and you passed her in the hall as she ran for a bathroom, not giving you time to ask any questions, or for you to tell her that there was one next to your room.
You ran downstairs and were confused to see Noki calmly sitting and reading still. “What the heck is going on?”
He flashed you a bored glance, “From the screaming I heard I think Kyo kissed Nye.”
Your jaw dropped, as the last time you had seen them Nye hated Kyo and now he was kissing her? “What?!”
“That’s what I heard Nye screaming calling him a pervert and such then Kiyo came running down the stairs and-” He went quiet as you took off running again for the kitchen where you found Kyo washing out his mouth with soap.
You marched right up to him, and started laughing.
“Oh laugh it up…” Kyo said with his mouth full before spitting it out into the kitchen sink. “I feel so violated…”
“You’re the one who kissed her…” you held your side and leaned against the counter feeling like you were about to fall over from laughing so much. “I never knew you liked her that way.”
“I don’t!” Kyo argued, giving you a serious look as this was not funny in the least to him, “I… well I thought it was you…”
You stopped laughing for a minute to give him an *Awww you’re such a sweet idiot* look, before laughing again and leaving the kitchen.
As you rounded the corner you were just in time to see Lunehtiel stumbling down the stairs carrying a baseball bat and asking, “What? What happened? What’s going on?”
The sight of him was too much and you fall down on the floor laughing all the harder, holding your stomach as you laid back and laughed until it hurt.
Lunehtiel looked at Noki, who shrugged and gave a faint smile, while Kyo passed him muttering, “Don’t ask.”