Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(40)Now that's something to reveal

You had been laughing too hard to explain things to Lunehtiel, and ignoring Kyo’s warning he went to Noki, who then explained what had happened between Nye and Kyo. Hearing about the kiss, made him blush, bit smile and shake his head at you as you finally managed to bring it down to a few escaped giggles as you made your way upstairs to look for Nye. As much as you hated it she probably needed comfort and you were much better at that kind of thing than Ariel, though you would totally have a laugh about it with her later.

You gently knocked on the door, and a screechy voice answered, “If that’s you pervert I warn you I’m not afraid to hurt you if you come anywhere near me!”

*That was a long threat…* you thought sighing, then held back your laughter as you said back, “It’s Kira. Let me in.”

“Why should I?” she asked defensively.

*Because it’s my room stupid…* was what you wanted to say, very badly actually, but you held that back as well, “I wanted to see if you were ok.”

There was a pause from her, then some movement from inside, then the door burst open to her tearstained face. She pulled you in before you could say anything, and slammed the door and locked it behind you. She turned around, her eyes down, and her hands clenched at her sides, “You heard then…”

You nodded, trying your best to look sympathetic, as funny as this all was to you. You reached out and laid a hand on her shoulder, “It was just a kiss…”

Now she looked up, actually glaring at you as she shoved your arm off of her, “He thought I was you! Why couldn’t he have just been kissing me for me?!”

That was quite a statement, and you took a step back as it hit you. As you absorbed what she meant by it, you were shocked, appalled and a little disgusted, “You… wanted Kyo to be kissing you?”

“But he was only kissing me because he thought I was you,” she pointed at you, making you take another step back.

“I thought you hated him,” you said back, trying to make sense of everything that was going on. Hadn’t Kyo killed her best friend? She had seemed so angry with him before, and was now revealing a sort of crush… This was just all very confusing(even to me o_0).

“Of course I like him!” she yelled at you like it was supposed to be obvious. Sure some girls did act like they were totally revolted by a guy to hide their feelings of love towards him, but you never thought this would be something like that. “And you’re now in the way.”

Your eyes looked down to her hands, which were slowly growing orbs of white light in them. *Guess she has more than future telling abilities… just my luck…* you thought, stepping back further, but she followed, her eyes too glowing hot white now. “Listen… you’re the one who foretold that I would marry one of them. If you’d just tell me who it was maybe I could leave Kyo alone.” It was worth a shot, unless of course Kyo was the one then you were dead… but at least then you’d know, and the charade would be finally be over with. Dead with answers… morbid, but also seemingly effective. *No…* you bit your lip, shaking your head. *I have to get out of this…* You looked around the room, searching for some clue as to what to do. Something definitely didn’t feel right about this whole situation… you could practically feel the hate coming off of her for Kyo when she first got here, now she loved him? It wasn’t right…

That’s when you noticed the closet door was open, and a box was laying out on the floor. A box that you hadn’t had the chance to inspect further in a long time. The one with the ring… Misa’s ring… And Nye had it on her finger! You knew somehow that was the problem here, but what could you do? The orbs were steadily getting bigger and hotter and closer, aimed to kill. A magical shield would have certainly been handy, but you didn’t have one.

As Nye let the orbs fly you shrieked and ducked, but all you felt was a whooshing over your head. As you poked your head from under your arms you saw something shimmering around your body. You reached out and touched it, unable to get through it. Your eyes widened *I guess I do have a magical shield… awesome.*

You stood up definitely now to Nye, as opposed to five seconds ago when you were huddling in your corner for dear life, and crossed your arms over your chest, “Ha! Look who has a shield. Not you.”

Nye then threw a little temper tantrum, throwing orbs this way and that, completely destroying your room. Bad for the decorum… but good for you because it began to draw other people attention, as you noticed a pounding and yelling from the other side of the locked door.

“Hold on Kira, we’ll get Noki to do a spell to unlock this!”

“Yeah I’ll just sit here and get fried while you try to unlock a door could easily be bashed through!” You yelled, sounding a bit annoyed now. But they were strong guys… even Noki could break through that.

Taking the hint there was a sudden crash as the door spilt open and Lunehtiel came crashing in, Kyo and Noki following behind(Chase is out… so he can’t come to your rescue)

Luckily Lunehtiel couldn’t stop himself and ended up running right into a surprised looking Nye who went down under him with a shriek.

“Hold her!” You warned, as he started to get up and apologize. “She’s trying to kill me… and I think it’s because of that ring.”

Noki came forward and gave it a look, “It’s Misa’s ring…”

“That’s right it’s Misa’s ring,” Nye hissed struggling in Lunehtiel’s arms, “Or should I say MY ring.”

“You’re possessing Nye?” you asked the obvious, since no one else would.

She giggled evilly and nodded, “Yes, her body is now mine, and I would appreciate if you’d let it go.”

“Oh sure we’ll stand back and let you kill Kira” Lunehtiel said sarcastically, “Not gonna happen…”

“Why would you take the body of your best friend?” you again asked the obvious. No one else was asking… and you wanted answers darn it!

She gave you a sharp look, “She means nothing to me… if she was really a best friend how could she let me die? I put my soul into my own ring with my last bit of strength and then came to Nye in one of her stupid “visions” and told her to find a girl to put it on so I could steal her body. Did you honestly think you were destined to marry one of these fools?”

That’s when everything came crashing down around you. Mentally anyway… what she was saying(for those who don’t understand) is that Nye didn’t really have a vision of you marrying one of the guys. Which meant you really didn’t have a reason to be here at all…