Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(41)When all else fails... get mad at Chase

“You’re lying…” was of course what instantly came from your lips. You couldn’t believe that the only reason you were here with the guys was over a lie. The thought of it all being fate was comforting in it’s own way…

Nye/Misa cackled, throwing her head back, “You idiot. All of you. You fell for it so easily, only Nye is the one suffering for it now. Not that it matters I’ll kill you all soon enough…”

“You do realize that there are five of us and only one you, right?” Lunehtiel asked like she was stupid.

She frowned at him, “Shut up. Numbers mean nothing to power.”

“Well obviously you don’t have that much power either since you can’t break through this…” you said to Nye/Misa touching the shield which was around you. The guys, especially Noki looked in awe at it as it lit with your touch then faded.

Her face her red with anger and she huffed, “Shut up!”

She was being very childish, and more so annoying than you could stand.

“So…” Lunehtiel stepped back, “Have at her Noki.”

Noki looked back at him in shock, “Me? I think you’re better suited to handle it…”

“No, no, go ahead,” Lunehtiel urged.

As they argued Nye/Misa sighed and turned to you, “I’ll kill you before they even get done arguing.”

“Uh yeah guys help!” you yelled over to the, suddenly doubting the power of your shield.

There was another loud crash as the wall beside you broke open and the air filled with dust so you couldn’t see.

When it thinned down enough you could see a motorcycle standing in the spot where Nye/Misa had just been standing with Chase sitting comfortably on top.

He turned off the engine and smiled over at you, “So what’d I miss?”

“Chase!” you said happily, pushing your hands against the barrier which still did not move.

Noki and Lunehtiel came back into the room coughing, “What the heck?” They said at once.

There was a low groan from under the motorcycle and upon inspection Chase found Nye/Misa laying under it, blood coming from between her lips.

“Looks like she’s a live,” Lunehtiel reported as he checked her pulse.

“Unfortunately…” Chase commented, earning himself an elbow from Noki.

“Excuse me?” you said hitting your hands against the shield, “Girl stuck in a barrier of her own creation. Someone please get me out of here…”

“You mean you created it but can’t bring it down?” Noki asked as he came over to you.

You nodded, “Misa was going to shoot me with some funny looking orb… and I ducked down to keep from being hit and when I looked up…” you motioned to the shimmering light around you.

Noki got the point and reached out to touch it, but when his hand made an impact he instantly took it back, swearing slightly under his breath, “Damn thing shocked me…”

“Then take it down,” you said, your voice quickening a bit.

He sighed and shrugged, “I can’t. You made it, so you have to send it away or you’ll be stuck in there forever.”

*This day is just filled with good news…* you thought, crossing your arms over your chest. You sat down on the ground and glared out at the guys, who in no way could help you in the least with this. And that was something you had gotten used to, having them able to fix every single little problem.

“Just tell it to go away,” Noki instructed.

You gave him an, *You’ve got to be kidding me look…* you concentrated on it anyway while he watched over you.

Meanwhile Kyo and Lunehtiel were tending to Misa, reluctantly, while Chase stood back looking like he could care less.

Kyo took her hand and looked at the ring, which had charred into her finger straight down to the bone, “This is what’s causing this right?”

Lunehtiel nodded, “That’s what she said. Take it off.”

Kyo went a bit pale, “I’ll have to cut off her finger…”

“Here,” Chase tossed him a dagger, “You’ll need this then.”

Kyo glared at Chase, for getting some sick amusement out of this whole thing, but gulped and pressed the knife down into her knuckle, and with one swift cut sawed down and split her finger off.

This brought Misa/Nye into awareness and with a scream her eyes opened wide as she struggled to claw at Kyo and Lunehtiel.

“Hold her,” Chase cautioned, holding another dagger, ready to kill her if necessary.

But after a few minutes of screaming she fell back, her eyes closed in peace as a ghostly form in white hovered above her for a second then disappeared into the air.

“What’s going on?” you asked Noki, from inside your bubble, which you still failed to make go away.

“They got the ring off,” Noki said, glancing at then over his shoulder, “It looks like Nye is going to be ok.”

You smiled faintly, “That’s good… now get me outta here!”

Noki sighed, “I told you I can’t help.”

You stood up and poked at the shield where his chest was, “You know, for someone who’s supposed to be all powerful in magic you sure are useless in this area.”

He chuckled softly and turned his back on you again, which was also very annoying. You now sat back down, but with your back to them.

“What’s up with her?” Chase asked as Noki passed him.

“She’s stuck.”

At this Chase had the gall to laugh and he now walked over to stare at you, “Is the kitty stuck in her own cage?”

You heard him, but chose to ignore it, though he continued to taunt you.

“Come on Kira, give us a show while you’re in there,” he laughed again.

“Leave her alone…” Kyo growled at him as he looked up from Nye.

“Quiet kitty boy,” Chase now teased him, further making you angry at how much of a jerk he was being.

“Don’t be such a jerk,” you warned, giving him the worst glare you could muster.

“Or what, you’ll hurt me? I don’t see that happening…” he mocked, knocking against the barrier, though it did cause him some pain.

“That’s it,” you said lowly as you stood up. You closed your eyes and focused that anger right to getting to Chase and when you opened them it had actually worked. The barrier was gone… And Chase was clear for your wrath. You took off running towards and so caught off guard was he that he tumbled over with you on top of him. You instantly started to hit him all over with your fists, making him laugh as you relived the incident of what happened outside of the stairway into Hell.

“Will you two stop acting like children?” Noki asked, as he pulled you off of Chase.

Chase put his hands behind his head and winked at you, “You just wish she was on top of you.”

You gave him a quick kick then followed Noki over to Nye, “Will she be ok?”

They had lifted the motorcycle off of her and she seemed to be doing fine, just unconscious, “That’s good news. And now we know how I can unlock my barriers… just get Chase to piss me off.”

“Why else did you think I was doing it?” he asked, putting his arm around you.

You rolled your eyes and removed his arm, “Because you’re a colossal jerk…”

As Kyo and Lunehtiel took Nye to a room, that wasn’t yours, you and Chase walked down the hallway to get downstairs for cleaning supplies. Your room was trashed…

But as always with your life the drama continued as a gun shot sounded once you got to the stairway, and the bullet went straight into Chase’s chest…