Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(42)

You watched Chase, as though the world had gone into slow motion, as he fell to the floor. You couldn’t breath, scream, or move even until you saw his blue eyes flutter closed then reality crashed down in a wave of movement on top of you. You fell to your knees beside Chase, completely disregarding the person who had shot him and focused on holding your hand over the blood that was pouring out of his chest.

You screamed suddenly, feeling the warm fluid between your fingers, it was like his very life could slip away, and Kyo came running to your side, a look of complete shock and horror crossing his normally cheerful face.

He ducked beside you, just in time as another bullet went past his head, nicking his ear, making him cry out in pain. He threw his body over yours instantly, and tried to pull you away from the gunfire, “Come on, Kira, you’re going to get killed,” he begged.

“And if we leave Chase will die,” you looked into his eyes deadly serious about not moving from his side. You didn’t cry, nor did you blink, you just looked at Kyo with a cold determination.

“Release the girl!” a strong feminine voice echoed from below, and was who you could only assume was the shooter, as another gunshot followed after hitting the stairs.

You covered your head to the marble flying at you and looked to Kyo, whispering, “We have to get him out of here…”

Kyo looked down at Chase, then nodded to you, and carefully the two of you pulled him to the safety of the hallway and into a room.

“What’s with the commotion?” Noki asked, sounding quite annoyed as he entered the room, then paled a bit seeing Chase laying passed out and bleeding on the floor.

You looked up to Noki, “I’m going to heal him.”

Noki shook his head, “Now that you have realized your power they will try to undo you… If you use them it could very well kill you.”

“And if I don’t it WILL kill Chase…” you choked, the first tear coming down your face. You shook the rest away and put your hands onto his chest, but Noki grabbed them and tried to pull you away, “I won’t let you do something so stupid!”

“Noki…” Kyo whispered, looking brokenly from you to him, “There’s still the person who shot him to deal with…”

Noki, however, did not move, but stared into your eyes, burning them into his.

You would not move though, and as Noki realized this he let go, and sighed leaving the room, turning invisible as he did and calling for Lunehtiel to stay back.

You looked back down to Chase, and froze your eyes to him, feeling his very life within your hands as you concentrated. His power and life felt amazing to you, and a part of you, a much darker and twisted part, wanted to steal those very things from him and bring them into you. He was so cold… his power was ice, and you could feel it flowing into you, turning your arms blue and purple with the freeze. But you did not let go, only groaned in pain and kept on, while Kyo shook you, trying to bring you from Chase.

You held on tight to his chest, until you felt your own life and power pushing his back into him, and healing him with the purple light that was your magic. You felt his muscle, flesh and bone healing underneath your fingertips, though to Kyo it looked as though you still sat them atop his chest. But you could feel the very blood within him pulsing beneath your fingers, and healing over until the wounds were nothing more than scars, which you also managed to smooth over to perfection.

As the healing was completed you sat back away from him, suddenly feeling the cold that had encircled your arms, and Kyo took you in his, and brought you back away from Chase’s body as it arched, then went still.

You breathed heavily, as though exhaustion clinged to your very soul, but with Kyo’s help went over to Chase and saw his eyes flutter open.

You could have cried, had not you been so tired, so you settled for falling into his arms as he sat up, and allowed him to hold you, while Kyo stood back, amazed at what he had just seen.

“I thought… I didn’t know…” You breathed into Chase’s chest as he ran his fingers through your hair.

Chase shushed you and nodded, “I know…”

“She did it,” Kyo said cheerfully as Noki came back into the room carrying a piece of paper.

He looked you over, and shook his head to your smiling face, “We’ll talk later… I managed to scare the attacker away, but whoever it was left this.”

You took the paper and read it:

“I WILL BE BACK FOR THE GIRL, AND TO DESTROY ANY DEMONS IN THIS HOUSE!”

A cold chill ran through your body as you read it, and you felt that it was very serious. This attacker had nearly killed Chase, you, and Kyo, without you even noticing they were there.

“Did you see who it was?”

You shook your head, “It was a she, by the voice. But… I never saw…”

Noki nodded, “How do you feel?”

You hadn’t realized it before, but your strength was returning, so you stood up off of Chase, “I feel fine. Better than ever actually…”

Noki took your shoulders in his hands and gave you a very serious look in the eyes, “Did you feel anything strange while healing him?”

You were conflicted as to whether to tell them about how you had, had the urge to drain Chase of every bit of life and power… Maybe you had a problem, or maybe it was nothing. You decided to toss it off as nothing, “No, nothing.”

Noki looked at you for a long while, as though trying to decide whether this was the truth, but he finally nodded, “Good. Sometime magic tends to go a little… odd. And it makes people have temptations they would have never imagined.”

You bit down on your lip as he left, and the other two guys also, leaving you alone in the room. You should have told him, and now you were even worse off having lied about it. You should have told him… but there was nothing you could do about that now…