Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(43)

You ran your brush through your hair a few more times and shook it out over your shoulders looking into the mirror that was in your room. You thought you looked pretty darn cute in the dress you had picked out for the party, and you twirled around in front of the mirror admiring how it clung to you in the best possible way.

A knock on the door startled you into nearly falling, but you regained your footing and managed to walk over to it to find Kyo grinning back at you from the other side.

A big, “Awww,” escaped your lips as you saw him and you instantly reached out to stroke his kitty ears which were popped out on the top of his head as he was in Neko form now. Not only that, but he was dusted with pink glitter which made him extra sparkly and had whiskers drawn on his face over his cheeks. He reached out his arm for you to take and blushing he led you from your room, his eyes avoiding your revealing dress, which wasn’t bad only more revealing than your normal clothes.

You leaned over and kissed Kyo’s blushing cheek, “You make the perfect Cheshire cat, Kyo, I love the costume.”

This of course only helped Kyo’s blushing and he could only mumble a short response under his breath, while telling you how amazing he thought you looked.

You giggled and left his arm to knock on Noki’s door, which was locked to your disappointment as you had wanted to bust in on him. Though a dangerous move if he happened to be unclothed at the moment, you would risk it, but Noki ruined all your fun by locking his door. He had probably anticipated you doing something similar to just that…

“It’s almost time to go!” you called into the door, rapping on it again lightly until it opened.

You screamed and jumped into Kyo’s arms as you saw a horrible sight walking from the darkness. It was Noki… but he was holding his head in his hands!

“Kira, calm down! It‘s just magic.” Noki said quickly placing his head back onto his shoulders, where blood was oozing out.

You touched a hand to your chest as Kyo sat you back to your feet, and gave a sigh himself. You knew it sounded like a bad idea not being involved in picking out the guys costumes, but you did like the surprise of seeing them. You just hoped the other two were a little more intact than Noki, who again took his head into his hands and followed towards Chase’s door.

Before you even knocked on it the door swung open and your jaw dropped. Chase was shirtless(lol yeah he’s my shirtless hottie) and wearing only a pair of loose white pants, a black collar, and a pair of bunny ears on top of his head.

Kyo coughed uncomfortable, while Noki sighed and rolled his eyes as Chase leaned against the frame of his door and looked you up and down without trying to hide it, “Like my costume?”

You were a bit stunned by his hotness to answer that question, but fortunately you had Noki there to answer for you, “A bit inappropriate don’t you think?”

Chase shrugged and came out into the hallway locking his door behind him, “No more than Kira’s.”

That was enough to wake you out of your stupor and you glared at Chase and slightly blushed, “Am I shirtless? I don’t think so…”

“What a lovely thought,” Chase purred as he ran a hand over your cheek and left down the hallway, leaving you to seethe and glare and blush at having gave him the thought. And to that Kyo looked even more uncomfortable and followed after him saying he’d meet the two of you at the car with Chase.

“Don’t let him get to you,” Noki assured with a hand on your shoulder.

You gave Noki a genuine smile, though clearly creeped out by his head still being in his hands, and went off to find Lunehtiel, who just so happened to be walking in your direction. And to his appearance you stopped dead in your tracks, looked at him for a second then ran to him screaming and glomped him right in the middle of the hallway.

Lunehtiel laughed, “Well, that was unexpected,” and then got up after you had gotten off of him.

Noki have him a long hard look as if trying to figure out what the heck was going on with his costume. He was wearing a really awesome Japanese face mask, had his hair dyed black and blonde and spike up in different placed, and was carrying a guitar at his side.

“He’s Reita,” you squealed wanting to dance around him in circles because he looked so much like the real thing, whom you adored.

And to that Noki was still looking confused, “Reita?”

You gave him an, *are you stupid?* look, “Reita… from the Gazette… do you not listen to music at all? He‘s only the hottest thing to grace Japanese music since forever. Well him and Kyo from Dir en grey, but Reita is definitely cuter.” You stood back and admired Lunehtiel’s costume while Noki sighed again and left for the car.

“I’m glad you like it,” Lunehtiel said as the two of you finally left as well, “I wasn’t sure what to be… but I remembered you talking about him non stop for awhile, so I thought I could be him for you, for a night.”

You absolutely wanted to melt when you heard him say that and couldn’t help but give him the biggest hug you had, “That’s so sweet Luni.”

He rubbed the back of his head and gave am embarrassed look, “Oh it was nothing, I just- wait, did you just call me Luni?”

But you were already gone and out the door and being helped into the car by Kyo, while Chase took the drivers seat and Noki sat beside him, leaving Lunehtiel to also sit beside you.

“So you never told us what you’re supposed to be,” Noki commented before Chase took off.

“Oh I thought that’d be obvious,” you laughed waving a hand at him, “I’m a demon(you can imagine whatever demonic dress costume you want for her, I don‘t really care.)”

Chase drove at an insane speed to get you all to the party on time, but as he skidded into the driveway, you saw you were actually early, and not dead from the horrific experience of being in a car with Chase.

“Kira!”

You looked up from your seat and saw Ai running towards you from the front of the house waving.

You waved back and got out of the car in a hurry to meet with her, hugging her once she had gotten close.

“I’m so glad you guys could come,” she laughed as you walked inside with her, leaving the guys to their own devices for the moment. You were having your own reunion with the girls, and found Akane and Ariel waiting inside, as Ariel and Jake had left before you. You all did the girly hugging and screaming and dancing thing that a lot of girls do when they haven’t seen each other in a long time.

“It’s been so long,” you laughed as Akane finished squeezing the life out of you, “We need to get together more often.”

“Definitely,” Ariel agreed, the halo on her head wagging a bit with her nod(she’s dressed as an angel… since she has real angel wings.)

You looked around at the girls noticing how each one seemed so different, but then realized something very big about Ai.

Your eyes widened in shock, “You’re pregnant?”

She blushed and nodded, rubbing a hand over her stomach, “Nearly due in a couple weeks.”

That completely blew your mind and you had to hug her again and congratulate her on the new life, “I’m going to be an aunt.”

The other girls laughed, Ai totally agreeing with you and the other girls piping in how they wanted to be aunts too, even though not related.

“Ah, they know the news then,” Akito said as he entered the room, looking as good as he had at the wedding, only more so since he now was also shitless and wear a leash and collar with fake blood dripping down one side of his neck. He put his arm lovingly around Ai and held her close, while she took the collar in her hand.

That’s when you noticed she was wearing a pair of fangs on her teeth, which meant she was dressed as the vampire, and he the slave, which was a funny sight, especially since Ai was so pregnant her leading him down the hallway to the ballroom by the leash.

When you got there you found all kinds of costumed people within drinking, eating dancing and having fun. It was strange seeing vampires dressed as zombie, and demons dressed as hot Japanese rock stars, but hey that was your life nowadays.

You made your way to Lunehtiel’s side and admired him, making him blush as he tried to avoid gaining eye contact with you.

“I guess me looking like this is the only reason you’d want to be near me…” he said suddenly, as he turned and looked into your eyes.

*That was a bit rude…* you thought as you gave him a hurt look, “What are you talking about…?”

He sighed and shook his head, “You give so much attention to the other guys, and me… well I’m just a chef it seems, as all I do is cook for you all. I mean, I might as well consider myself out of the running, huh?”

You hadn’t been expecting this at all from him, but it was true, you were always around the other guys, and barely gave him the time of day it seemed since you had your little date. You let your head drop, “I guess you’re right…but you just- you never come up to me, or try to gain my attention. I mean, I‘m sorry if I hang around the other guys, but it‘s because they actually try.”

And that statement was all the more painful for the both of you, and you realized maybe you didn’t quite have those romantic feelings for him as you did the others… Maybe he was just the best friend type of guy, and not really the love of your life…

You looked up as you felt him take your hand and brush his lips against it, “Listen Kira… I know how you feel, and I’ll admit I’ve felt the same… wondering about us, about our feelings… and I just don’t think what’s between us is the same as one of those other guys and you. So I would like to let you go, and be happy with the one you’re truly happy with. I can’t hold you back…”

“But Lunehtiel…” you reached for him, as he took a step back, but he evaded you and let your hand slip from his. With a sad smile he turned quickly so you wouldn’t see the tears gathering in his eyes, and left you standing there in shock, and your heart broke for what never was…

“Hey Kira, you gotta see-” Kyo’s voice dropped straight from cheerful to dead concerned and he touched your shoulder, “Kira…?”

You held back your tears, and turned to him smiling faintly, not wanting to ruin the party.

But he had seen the look on your face, and took you outside quickly before anyone else could wonder, “What happened?”

You shook your head and tried to pass him to go back inside, “Nothing… just had a little talk with Lunehtiel…”

Kyo looked uneasy, “He told you then…”

“You knew?” you asked, looking into his eyes, tears blurring your own, suddenly feeling betrayed.

Kyo took a deep breath and nodded, “He talked to us about it… he said the two of you just weren’t clicking together, so… we all agreed that it would be best if he… left…”

You shook your head in disbelief, and then suddenly lashed out and slapped him across the face. Without a word you left him there, storming back inside…

Kyo stayed where he was at, his head tilted to the side from where you had slapped him and closed his eyes in sadness.

You were angry as all hell though over this new little development. How could they do this to you? How could they just send one of them away? Even if you didn’t have feelings like that how could he just decide to leave you like you meant nothing? How could he…

“Kira we’ve been-” Noki stopped seeing the look on your face as you entered the ballroom again. He didn’t need to ask, he knew what had happened, and he backed away as you came up to him pointing your finger into his chest, “You knew too then? Does anyone else know about Lunehtiel’s decision?!”

You had said that a bit loudly, and Chase seeing the two of you went to you, picked you up, and carried you outside from the party where people had begun to stare in your direction.

“Let me go!” you yelled at Chase, struggling against his chest, and when he finally did let you go he let you down in a pile of leaves where you sat and glared up at him.

Kyo had now come to the meeting, and no one asked as to why his cheek was a little reddened. They could guess that for themselves… And you hadn’t meant to slap him, but you were so angry, and he was the nearest one. Chase was probably the most deserving with his antics in the past, but he simply had not been there.

“So why was I not involved in this decision?” you asked, as you managed to get yourself to your feet, refusing any help from the guys.

“Kira, let us explain,” Noki said calmly, giving you a stern look, “Lunehtiel felt… awkward. He had come in late, you hadn’t been spending as much time with him, he just didn’t want to hold you back and make things harder on you by having to choose between another guy.”

“So that’s how this is?” You said to them in a very emotional voice. “You’re going to slowly make each other you disappear until there’s one? Who will be next?”

“We never said that was going to happen,” Kyo answered, looking at you regretfully. “Just… Lunehtiel asked for this. We couldn’t stop him.”

“Yes you could,” you spat at him in the most venomous voice you’d ever heard from yourself, “But you wouldn’t. None of you could wait to get another guy out of the running could you?!”

“Kira if you don’t calm down…”

“How do you expect me to calm down?!” You yelled, and your skin began to burn hot, as your eyes turned a pale lavender color. Just as Noki cried out and jumped to grab you, you disappeared…