Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(44) Disappearing! Just to reappear...

Kyo ran over to where you had disappeared, and looked completely shocked back to Noki, “She’s… gone!”

“It appears so,” Noki said thoughtfully, and way to casually for Kyo’s liking.

“Do you not even care?” He accused, pointing to the place you were last seen, “Who knows where she’s at…”

“Exactly,” Noki agreed, “So with us not knowing where she’s at, we can’t very well do much about it.”

Kyo looked at Noki like he was completely crazy, and Chase let out an exasperated sigh and disappeared back into the house. Moments later everyone in the house could hear the roar of his motorcycle coming to life and screeching down the driveway.

“We can’t just leave her like-”

“Then what do you propose we do, brother?” Noki asked, an edge of irritation in his voice. He was worried about you, more so than Kyo would believe, but he wasn’t going to lose it. He had to be the logical one, unfortunately. He shook his head as Kyo tried to come up with some response and raised his hand, “There is nothing we can do. Better to just let her be, and hope she’ll be able to come home the same way she disappeared.”

Kyo shook his head sadly, “We never should have kept this from her… She deserved to know what was going on. And what is Lunehtiel thinking, just up and leaving like this anyway?”

“He was thinking it would be easier on Kira,” Noki replied then shrugged, “Apparently he was very wrong.”

“Ya think…?” Kyo mumbled, looking sadly back to the ground. He just couldn’t stand not knowing where you were, who you were with and all that stuff. Maybe you really needed him. Maybe you were being hurt… or worse. He didn’t want to think about it, but how could he not? You were gone…

“Don’t worry,” Noki voiced, trying to help ease Kyo into the same state as he was, “Kira is strong… stronger than anyone ever gives her credit for. I think she’ll be just fine, and her magic was only trying to protect her, so I very much doubt it would take her to a place of harm.”

Kyo didn’t know much about magic, but he trusted Noki, so he nodded and sat down in the grass while Noki walked off in the direction Chase had disappeared into, though Chase was now long gone.

You woke up to soft sheets pressing against your face, and warmth all around your body. You smiled, inhaling the scent of whatever you were laying on. It smelled familiar… It like Lunehtiel…

You opened your eyes, and sat up on your knees. You were in Lunehtiel’s bed. *This is the last place I want to be…* you thought, frowning down at the bed. But then a small trickle of a tear came down your cheek. *Or… is it…? It was his bed… and he was abandoning you. Maybe he was even already gone… You snuggled down into the sheets and let more tears fall.

Your eyes opened wide again as the door to the room flew open and the lights were flicked on. Something heavy then sat down on the edge of the bed, and you heard a soft sigh followed by, “What have I done…? How could I think of leaving? I… don’t want to leave… I want to stay here with her…”

“Then you should stay.”

Lunehtiel tried to jump up to his feet, but ended up sliding off the bed instead and landed on his butt.

You crawled over to him and smiled down at him, “You ok?”

He nodded, staring up at you like you weren’t real. You recognized that look from when he thought he was dreaming about you, and instinctively covered your arms over your chest, “I’m real, and you’re not dreaming, buddy, so no funny business…”

He stared up at you, with a hint of a smile on his lips, then whispered softly, “How did you get here? We were just at Akito’s… and I left before you.”

You shrugged, “I have my ways. Consider it a warning because next time I’ll send something after you to deal with you instead of coming in person.”

He didn’t laugh though. He just looked down at his hands, “I’m sorry, Kira… I know we should have talked this over with you. I just… thought this would make your life easier.”

You laid down on your stomach, resting your chin on your crossed arms, “You thought losing one of my best friends would make life easier? I’m sorry to say that it just made everyone’s lives a bit harder.” You laughed, but still he didn’t laugh with you.

“I guess I didn’t think you really wanted anything to do with me…” he said sadly, “You spend so much time with the other guys… and you did just say I’m a best friend.”

“You all are my best friends, silly,” you said, pulling him into a hug, “It’s not like I’ve said anything about which one of you I want to be with… I don’t even know if I can make that decision… But I do know I want to be here, with you, and the others, as long as I can. And who knows, maybe all of you will get tired of me and eventually move on yourselves?”

That really was supposed to be funny, but Lunehtiel didn’t even humor you with a fake smile. “I don’t think that would ever happen… I think even if you ended up with one of my brothers, I’d still have this feeling for you… And I don’t think I could ever be with anyone else.”

“Lunehtiel…” you softly said, looking sad. You didn’t want that… You wanted them all to be happy, and with someone, even if not with you.

He shook his head and smiled, “Let’s not talk about that, ok? I still have a chance, and I’m not going to run away from it.”

You smiled and got up on your hands on the bed, “Yay! I’m so happy!” And as he stood up you hugged him around the waist, feeling good to be so close to him.

He blushed slightly, but wrapped his arms around you to hold you as well, and the two of you stood there like that until there was a knock, and then someone came busting through the door.

“Kira?!”