Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(45) Making up isn't so hard after all

“There you ar-” Jake stopped in his tracks as he saw you on the bed with Lunehtiel. “I- didn’t know, you, and uh him, and-”

“It’s not what you think,” you said quickly and backed away from Lunehtiel, blushing like mad.

Lunehtiel wasn’t doing any better, and kept his eyes averted from yours, “I’m glad we talked things out, now if you’ll excuse me I think I should be going to bed.”

“Good idea…” you said nervously and stretched out your hand. The two of you shook then you quickly excited the room, dragging Jake with you.

“What was that all about?” Jake asked, a bit worried since you were acting so weird. “Were you and him-? Ummm… you know?”

Your face completely went red, and you shoved Jake away from you yelling, “No! Absolutely not!”

“I was just wondering,” Jake said, poking you in the side, “I have to look out for you, and if you… decide that then I’m all for it.”

“Can we please stop talking about this…” You said, now fully and well beyond embarrassed, but then it occurs to you, “Hey, why aren’t you at the party?”

It was Jake’s turn to be embarrassed now, and he stepped back away from you with one hand behind his head, “Oh well… Ariel thought it would be nice to have some time alone, without her brothers here, they’re so protective, so we were going to go, but then didn’t.”

You looked him over, then laughed, “Ohhhh, you little sneak. You better not let any of the others find out, or you’re totally dead.”

“Don’t I know it…” he laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head, “But it’s not like we were doing anything, we just barely get to be alone with them always around.”

“I understand, Jake,” you patted him on the back, “And I’d never rat you out. As long as you don’t tell anyone anything you’ve seen tonight.”

Jason saw the serious look on your face and nodded, “Deal. So where are the others?”

“Still at the party,” you sighed, walking down the stairs to the ground floor, “I kind of teleported here…”

Jake gave you a wide eyed look, “Really? I didn’t know you could do that!”

“Yeah me either…” you mumbled, smiling slightly as you rubbed the back of your head now, “It was an accident. I was just so mad… Lunehtiel was going to leave, and they didn’t even tell me what was going on. But he’s staying, so I guess I should somehow get back and tell everyone. They’re probably really worried about me.”

“They are,” Chase said, as he appeared in the doorway of the house, still full in his bunny costume but with a leather jacket on now. So, pretty much he was a sexy bad boy bunny. “We didn’t know what happened to you… but I can take you back.”

You smiled and nodded to Chase and said your goodbye for now to Jake, then hopped on Chase’s motorcycle and off you went, once again going well over the speed limit.

“So you and Lunehtiel made up, huh?” Chase asked, as he pulled his bike to a stop and hopped off, helping you off as well.

“Yeah, I think so,” you admitted, “We just talked…”

“Hey I didn’t say anything,” Chase laughed spreading his hands in the air, “You’re the one making yourself look suspicious.”

“I am not!” you yelled, and suddenly felt the urge to kick him, but kept control of yourself and walked back into Akito’s and Ai’s house where people were still dressed up and talking loudly and acting like nothing had happened.

“There you are,” Ai came running up to you, or more like waddled since her belly stuck out too far for her to run, “We heard you vanished… is everything ok?”

You nodded, “Yeah I’m fine, just a little accident, but it’s been taken care of.”

Ai’s eyes lit up like they always did when she was happy, and she hugged you, or once again tried to, “I’m glad. Kyo and Noki were looking for you… I’m not sure where they’ve gone to though.”

“I’m here,” Noki appeared next, coming out of the crowd. He smiled and patted your head, “So you made it through that alive.”

“You sounds so concerned…” you muttered sarcastically, leaning away from his petting.

“You know I was worried,” Noki replied, a very serious look on his face this time, and it definitely made you know without a doubt that he was worried. “But it’s impressive… you shouldn’t be able to do anything you’ve done so far really.”

You glowered at him, “You act like I wanted to just up and disappear. you’re lucky I landed back at home.”

Noki looked at you curiously with a tilt of his head, “So that’s where you went to? I suppose that makes sense… Lunehtiel was there, wasn’t he?”

“Y-yes…” you stumbled, “How do you know that?”

“Your magic,” he touched his hand over your heart, “It determined your hearts desire and took you to where you wanted to be. I should have guessed that…”

“But you didn’t,” Chase cut in, smiling smugly as he put an arm around you, “And once again, I got the girl.”

Noki glared at him, making you feel much too uncomfortable so you wiggled your way free from between them and ran off, yelling behind you, “I’m going to find Kyo!”

You ran ahead, randomly bumping into people, but always apologizing, until you got outside where you had last seen him. And behold, there he was, still sitting in the grass, picking at it randomly.

“Hey there,” you said brightly, and smiled when he looked at you.

“Kira…?”

“The one and only,” you said, again very brightly, “Well I’m sure there are other girls named Kira and probably some guys too, but you know what I mean.”

The corner of Kyo’s lips twitched, but he didn’t break out into a full blown smile. He just sat there, his head heavy, “I didn’t mean for any of this…”

You pulled your knees up and held them under your chin, glancing at him sideways, “I don’t blame you… I was angry, but I understand now…”

“No…” Kyo shook his head, looking absolutely devastated, “A part of me… wanted Lunehtiel to go… so he wouldn’t be competition anymore… Part of me was glad he was leaving…”

You felt a small twinge with that. All the time you looked at Kyo as some loveable kitten, with no ill intent towards anyone. Now this was different… You didn’t like it, but it was only nature. “I can understand Kyo… It’s not nice to want for that, but I understand it… Cheer up, huh?”

He turned his head slightly to look at you, and did smile this time as he murmured, “No one on Earth could stay sad looking into those beautiful eyes…”

For the millionth time this night, you blushed red, but didn’t take your eyes from his, “Than-k you Kyo…”

He reached out slowly and took your hand in his, “I mean it… more than I’ve ever meant anything in my life. Well… maybe not anything, there are a couple other things about you that I mean just as much…”

*Wow…* you thought, your heart flying in your chest making your breath faint. You cleared your throat a bit and leaned into him, “So we’re friends again?”

“Yeah…” Kyo said, almost half heartedly, “Friends…”