Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(48)Wedding Finale(Noki)

You took a tentative step forward, until you were next to the couch. Next to Noki… His eyes were still lowered towards his book, though he wasn’t really reading it. His heart was racing just as fast as your own, and when you touched his hand, he looked up at you, his eyes filled with questions.

“Kira… do you… I…” for the first time in his entire life he was completely speechless, and so overcome by emotions he quickly got up, letting the book tumble down to the ground from his lap, and left the room.

You weren’t going to let him get away though, so you followed close behind until he stopped, dead in his tracks, nearly making you go into him from the suddenness of it all.

You reached out and touched his shoulder, “No..ki…?”

His body shuddered to your touch, but he kept faced away from you as he spoke softly, “Kira… are you sure about this?”

You looked down to the ground. This definitely wasn’t the romantic embrace you had been expecting. You had expected him to take you in his arms and shower you with kisses and affection. “I am… I love you, Noki…”

His body seemed to shudder again, and faster than you could comprehend he had turned and gathered you in his arms. You wrapped your own around him, and every inkling of doubt faded from your mind. You did love this man, and resting in arms only strengthened that love.

When he released you, you could see why he was reluctant to face you. Tears had gathered in his silver eyes and spilled down his cheeks. You hadn’t remembered seeing him cry like this…

“Noki are you-?”

He cut you off with a gentle kiss to the lips, then pulled back and let his forehead lean against yours, “I’m more than ok, Kira… I’m the happiest guy who will ever live…”

“Congratulations!” Ariel yelled, as she ran in and glomped the two of you, still holding on to each other.

“Ariel they’re trying to have a private moment…” Jake hissed, as he peeked out of the living room.

“Well they should know nothing is ever private in this house,” she whined, crossing her arms over her chest.

“You got that right…” Noki sighed, but smiled down at you all the same, and laid a gentle kiss on your lips.

Not more than a few days later, you and Noki, since things really were never private in the house, managed to sneak away and be alone in the world you had created for your first date. While there, admiring the cherry blossoms and cool breeze Noki took tradition into his own hands and proposed to you with a beautiful purple stoned ring. You said yes, with no doubt in your heart, and the wedding date was set, after the celebration at the house.

Everyone was more accepting of this than you had thought they would be. You surely didn’t want any big fights over you, so it was nice that all the guys went along in peace while the wedding was planned. You didn’t have to, but you wanted to get married soon, not wanting to spend more time than what you had to not being married to the man you loved.

Ariel, Ai, and Akane agreed to be your bridesmaid without hesitation, and Chase, Kyo, and Lunehtiel agreed to be the grooms men, as Noki couldn’t pick a best man out of them all, they were all equally important to him, just as your friends were to you.

The wedding would be at that very place he had proposed, as it meant so much to you already, and Noki said it wouldn’t be hard to transport all of the guests there for it.

The colors would be purple, deep pink, and dark blue, the bridesmaids dressed in deep pink, the groomsmen dressed in very dark blue, Noki in black, and you in the purest white.

Then, out of nowhere, it was the day of the wedding, and you were dressed and ready an hour ahead of schedule.

“You look gorgeous!” Ariel exclaimed as you came out of your room.

You blushed, and put your arms in front of yourself in a vain attempt to cover yourself, though you didn’t look bad or anything like that. “Thank you…”

All the girls milled around you, chatting happily, and talking about how pretty you looked, but your mind could only think of one thing. Noki… it was the day you would give your heart to him completely.

“Wow…” Jake said as he approached you, and took your arm through his, “I don’t think I’ll ever see a prettier girl in a wedding dress.

“Don’t count on it, mister,” Ariel teased, smiling at him, and Jake smiled and waved her off.

“But really,” he placed his arms around you and hugged you warmly, “You are very beautiful.”

“Thanks,” you said to him as well, still blushing like before.

Jake began to lead you down stairs and outside, “Should we get going? Everyone else is ready…”

You nodded, and followed, holding his arm tightly within yours. Your stomach felt like it was going to flip out of your throat at any moment, and you weren’t even walking down the aisle yet.

The portal stood open, and you, and your group walked through and were instantly on the other side. It seemed more beautiful than ever, as the wind blew softly, but the cherry blossom petals flew in circles around you and everyone else. It was like magic… and the scent of flowers and sweet things hung in the air.

On the far side of you the gathering was place, and you could only distantly see Noki. He seemed nervous, and it made you giggle seeing him as such. He was always so calm about things…

Jake led you on further until you were standing behind a tree that would shelter you from Noki’s view, as the two of you didn’t want him to see you until you were walking down the isle.

Chase walked up to you and took your hand in his, looking very sincere, “Kira… it’s a shame you picked Noki over me. But I can understand I’m too much man for you.”

You rolled your eyes, even though you knew he was joking, and then off he went, Ariel by his side, kicking him for the comment.

Next Kyo came up to you, bumped his elbow against yours and winked, “Go get em, Kira.”

“Thanks… Kyo…” you said, slightly confused by the comment, but he was gone already, Akane tugging him along.

Lunehtiel came up next, and smiled weakly. He put on his best face, but you could still see the hurt behind his eyes, even if he was happy for the two of you. He put a hand on the side of your face, and just looked into your eyes for a minute. You thought he was going to kiss you, which would have made thing incredibly awkward, but he just turned and left with Ai, who waved and smiled before leaving with him.

They walked down slowly to the end of the aisle, Noki looking nervous and trying his hardest not to fidget with his tux, and then he saw you enter through the trees, and everything seemed to slow down dramatically.

Your heart beat throbbed in your chest, making you feel faint, but you kept walking, never taking your eyes from his, even from across the aisle. You could see nothing, feel nothing, and want nothing but him, and when you finally did reach him his smile melted your heart, and brought you back up to speed.

Now you were face to face with(whoever you want to be marrying you, I don’t care,) and could barely hear him talking over the rush of thoughts going on in your head.

“Kira?” Noki’s gentle voice brought you crashing down to Earth, and you looked up at him, almost confused as to where you were at.

“The vows… we agreed you’d go first…” Noki said, giving you a look of concern, though he didn’t want anyone else to see it. It was mostly just him asking if you were alright, without asking.

You nodded, giving him your most convincing smile, and cleared your throat before going into your vows, “I love you, Noki. I know they are such small words… I know to some people they mean nothing, and they’re tossed around like nothing… but I can tell you, without any doubt in my mind, or fear in my heart, that there’s no one in this world who I would rather be with than you. You’re my heart and soul, my very world, and I’m only sad that I could not have realized it any earlier, but now, here we are, creating this memory, and it’s something my heart and soul will never forget… I take you as my husband, as my everything…”

Noki looked faint after this, like he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Honestly, he expected to be woken up at any moment, like this was some sort of cruel dream. But now it was his turn, and he was going to make it count, “Kira. I think that true love, can only really be understood by the two people who are in love. No love is alike, no love is even comparable, to the love I hold for you. I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that I would have a chance with someone so beautiful, intelligent, charming, and all out absolutely wonderful as you are. I was never close to anything a girl could want, and for the longest time I had shut myself away from the world, allowing it to slowly pass me by. But then you came, and like a light from heaven led me back into emotions. I couldn’t imagine my life without someone so amazing… So I take you as my wife, and my everything…”

The silence was heavy, all save for the sniffling and crying of the girls standing beside you. You couldn’t blame them though, tears gathered in your eyes as they were, and when the final kiss came it shook you to your very core, exposing every bit of love you had, and would forever have for Noki.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's Noki. He actually won the poll I did, so he's in the sequel. But not how you'd expect...