Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(5)High school Hell

High School Hell

You fell back on your bed exhausted, but not from the walk home in the rain. Everything they had just told you was just too unbelievable. Though they all did seem to be more powerful than they looked, demons just didn't exist! Not like that anyway...
You sighed and rolled over, hugging your pillow to your chest. Your mom had seen you outside with Kyo and the little kiss that you had shared, but was happier than ever. She said it was time you got out with some nice boys.
*Yeah right...* you thought now, rolling your eyes, *I've never heard of any demon that was nice...* And that's when you realized you were still wearing Chase's shirt...
"Ugh!" You groaned, and threw it off of you as if it would consume you at any moment. But the shirt simply landed in a pile on the floor, posing no threat. You sighed again and put your hands over your face. *I need sleep... And hopefully tomorrow Kyo WON'T be at school....* You closed your eyes, snuggling up with your stuffed panda, and drifted off to sleep.

"Hey, Kira," Kyo's bright eyes and smile greeted you as soon as you walked in the door.
You looked down at the ground and pushed past him, trying to not to blush as you remembered the kiss he had so innocently given you last night. "Not interested."
"Please, Kira," he took your hand and turned you back to him, pleading you with his eyes, which were stunningly beautiful in the morning sunlight. "You have to be interested... If you don't marry one of us then we all will die."
Your heart felt weak at the moment, but you tried to push the feeling out. "What do I care? I don't even know you crazy people." You violently took your hand away from his and proceeded to walk down the hall to your locker, where Jake was waiting.
"What's up with that?" He pointed to what had just happened with Kyo. "Lover's quarrel?"
"He's not my boyfriend..." you said through gritted teeth as you yanked your things out of your locker, nearly making everything topple over onto you as you did.
Jake looked even more confused than he had the day before. "But I thought-"
"No!" You yelled and took off down the hallway. You wanted to go home at that point and the day hadn't even started...

You walked into the classroom and saw that Kyo was already sitting down, chatting with Jake. They both look up at you worriedly as you came to the table and took your seat. You didn't say anything to Jake's questioning gaze, and Kyo only looked down at the table knowing what was wrong.
"Something wrong, Kira?" Jake asked softly as the teacher entered the room and began to collect yesterdays homework. You groaned out loud, remembering that you had forgotten all about it last night and shrugged when the teacher asked for it. This was definitely not going to be a good day...
"Kira..." Jake whispered and poked you with a pencil.
You had put your head onto your arms and laid them on the table, trying to ignore him. But he persisted until finally you glared up at him. "What?"
"Why are you being so weird?" he whispered low as if trying to keep Kyo from hearing. "I know I didn't do anything to you so that only leaves him," he pointed at Kyo trying not to be noticed, but Kyo did notice and gave him a fierce look.
"I would never do anything to hurt her."
He was pretty convincing and Jake instantly shut up and sat back in his chair. You were thankful for that, since Kyo didn't seem like talking.
As soon as class was over you got up and walked out of the room, with Kyo following closely behind as if to protect you. You didn't mind it so much though, so you let him without saying a word. You held your books close to your chest, staring at the floor hoping that this was all some bad dream, somehow knowing that it wasn't.
"Kira, look-"
You looked up to find yourself slamming into a hard body. You bounced back slightly only to be caught in a pair of strong arms. You looked up into teasing ice blue eyes.
"Chase...?"
"The one and only, love," he smiled, not letting you go. You struggled a bit against him, but and soon he released you from his grip. "Still got the shirt?"
You blushed at the thought of what had happened yesterday, and tried to ignore his taunts, "What are you doing here now?"
Chase shrugged and look over to Kyo who's cheeks were flushed with anger. "Just thought you might want protection from a real demon."
You shook your head and put your hand on it. "Will you guys cut it out already? You're not demons."
"No?" Chase looked at you playfully. "You don't seem so sure of yourself. And actually you're falling in love with me..."
You felt drawn to him suddenly like never before and your thoughts did turn to love. You felt yourself getting closer to his body wanting nothing more than his arms around you. "Yes..."
"Stop it, Chase!" Kyo pulled you back and jumped in between the two of you. You watched as Kyo's teeth sharpened to points and claws grew from the short nails of his hands. "You know the rules. No mind games."
"Just having a bit of fun," he winked at you and you felt disgusted with yourself. How could he have controlled your mind like that? Maybe they weren't lying.
"Ok let's suppose you are demons," you said shaking your head, hardly able to believe the words were coming out of your own mouth, "And no I don't believe you, but suppose you are. I don't want to be with a demon. If you haven't noticed that's not exactly normal."
"We seem to fit in pretty well now," Kyo commented noticing the jealous looks from the girls that walked by. "We're even liked..."
Chase gave a very alluring look to Lisa as she walked closely by and smiled at him, "Very liked. Maybe I won't mind choosing another girl."
You looked at him, hurt and Kyo punched him in the arm. You didn’t know why it had hurt so much for him to say it, but it did. "Go ahead," you said silently, trying not to sound bothered by it. You hoped he didn't see the hurt in your eyes and you turned around and began to stalk off toward the lunch room.
Kyo ran up to you and gently touched your shoulder. "Kira he doesn't mean it."
"He should mean it!" You said more aggressively than you had meant to and pulled away from him. "You should too. Now just leave me alone." You ran from him and spent the rest of the day avoiding everyone, even Jake. When the day was over you left before anyone could say anything to you and ran all the way home stopping in front of your house.
You sighed and leaned against the fence, thankful to be away from the chaos of school. And tomorrow was a Friday so you'd have the weekend alone to think things over.
"Meow?"
You looked down to see a little orange and white kitten tugging on the leg of your pant legs, looking just oh so cute and innocent.
"Awe," you smiled and reached down, bringing it into your arms. "Where did you come from, little one?"
The kitten purred and rubbed against your face affectionately. There was no one around and you didn't want to leave it out in the middle of no where so you ran up to your room and put it on your bed.
"Shhh," you put your finger over your lips. "If mom finds you, she'll kill me!"
The kitten seemed to nod in understanding and stretched out on your bed, never taking it's eyes from you.
You gave it a strange look and a smile before going into your bathroom to take a shower. You scrubbed the days worries from your body and got dressed in some nice, comfortable pjs before going back into your room. You found the kitten pawing at the door, trying to sneak a peak under it.
"Hey you," you giggled and picked it up, snuggling it in your arms as you laid down on your bed. "Let's go to sleep." You smiled at the sound of it purring loudly next to your ear and soon the soothing sound of it put you to sleep.