Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(50)Wedding finale(Lunehtiel)

Lunehtiel was hardly paying attention to the whole thing, so involved in his game that he didn’t even notice you looking in his direction.

It made your heart drop a little, but then Noki took control and kicked him in the back, “Hey, idiot. She’s talking about you…”

“W-what?” Lunehtiel asked, having only heard half of what you said before. He definitely heard you say something about announcing the one you love…

“Well he missed it,” Chase cut in before you or Lunehtiel could say anymore, and he took your hand in his, “I guess I win by default.”

“In your dreams…” you said, tearing your hand away from him, and walked over to Lunehtiel who was staring up at you in complete shock.

“Lunehtiel…?” you asked, shaking his shoulder gently, but when you touched him he completely fell over onto the floor.

“Lunehtiel!” you cried, dropping to your knees, and everyone else got up and walked over to see what had happened.

“He just fell over,” you said frantically, then turned to Kyo, “Go get a cold rag.”

Kyo took off towards the kitchen and just then Lunehtiel opened his eyes and looked up confused at his surroundings.

“Are you ok?” Ariel asked, peaking over your shoulder to him.

Lunehtiel nodded, and looked up into your eyes, unable to say anything.

“Hey, man,” Jake smiled down at him, and rubbed the back of his head, “I understand your pain.”

Ariel elbowed him in the side and the both of them stood back along with everyone else leaving you alone with him on the floor.

You smiled, “That was quite a fall… but not exactly an answer.”

He blushed bright red, and looked away from your eyes, “I just… can’t believe you want me. After what just happened.”

“I told you I forgive you…” you whispered taking his hand.

He reached out and pressed his hand to your cheek, “I can’t believe I almost missed out on this…”

Though the incident was unfortunate, Lunehtiel agreed, and embraced you happily as his future wife. In the months before the wedding he often would sneak you out of the house from your balcony, and take you flying, as he did have wings, and on just such a day as that he proposed, while you were holding him tightly, from love and fear, with a beautiful sapphire ring.

No one argued over your choice of husband, and the wedding was planned and set in no time. You decided to have it on a beautiful cliff that overlooked an ocean, and your colors were light blue, dark blue, and dark green, the bridesmaids wearing dark blue, the groomsmen wearing dark green, and Lunehtiel in dark blue, while you, the bride, were in white.

The day of the wedding came all too slow for you, as you had everything planned in no time, and before you knew it you were outside, standing next to the cliff, enjoying the sea breeze that swept up from the side.

“It’s time!” Ariel called to you, jumping up and down, and smiling you turned and began to walk towards the gathering, when you slipped, and with a small cry went over the edge of the cliff.

“Kira!” Ariel screamed, running towards the cliff with the others who had seen what had happened.

But Lunehtiel ran past them all and without thought jumped over the edge after you, his wings breaking through his suit, and flying to your rescue.

You screamed and closed your eyes, ready for impact, but a pair of strong arms caught you instead and carried you safely back to the top, where everyone was waiting in anticipation.

You clutched Lunehtiel close to your body, terrified beyond anything, even when he was on the ground, and away from the cliff.

“Well I guess that teaches us something,” Ariel breathed, placing a hand over her racing heart.

“What’s that?” Jason asked, looking confused.

Ariel shook her head, going over to you, “No more weddings close to cliffs…”

“Kira, are you ok?” Ai asked.

“You didn’t get hurt?” Akane asked next, wedging herself in close to you.

“Yeah, are you ok?” Ariel asked once she got there.

You nodded, and smiled, “Yeah… Lucky me to be marrying the one that can fly.”

Lunehtiel laughed, and slowly put you back on your feet, and kissed your cheek, “I would have saved you anyway, dear.”

You blushed as he walked away, and touched your cheek where he had kissed you, then realized it was your wedding day. “Ok everyone,” you said shooing people away from you, “Back to your places. I’m fine. Time for the wedding.”

Everyone slowly went back to their places, and the ceremony started with Kyo and Ai going down the aisle first, each kissing your cheek before they left.

Then it was Chase and Akane, Akane keeping Chase in check, and from making any kind of flirting movements towards you.

Last was Ariel and Noki, Noki trying his best to keep his eyes clear and his voice emotionless, though you knew this had to be hurting him more than he would say. In the end he kissed your cheek as well, then left with Ariel, who was already crying for you.

Jake took your arm in his and held you tightly, teasing you by saying, “Don’t trip and take me over with you.”

You resisted the urge to slap him on the head, and made it to the end of the aisle where Lunehtiel was waiting with all his heart to give. You took his hands and the wedding proceeded until it was time for the vows.

Lunehtiel looked deeply into your eyes, and said it simple and sweet, “Kira… I’ll always catch you when you fall… no matter how high, no matter where from, I will always be there, with all my love to give, and all my strength to protect you with… I love you…”

Somehow you thought what had just happened had something to do with that, but those few words meant the world to you, so you cleared your throat, and began, “I know you think it will always be your job to protect me… And I’m happy that you will always be there. But I’ll always be there for you too… everything we’ve been through I always loved you, even when I thought I was unsure of who I would choose in the end. My heart always knew that it was you… that you were my perfect match, and that we would end up together no matter what we went through. And now I’m giving myself to you, to be your wife and love of all time. I love you…”

You wanted to cry, but you held it in, as the rest of the ceremony went on, but when it was time for him to kiss you, you couldn’t hold it in any longer as his lips locked to yours and held you there in their passion and love.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the end *sniffles* I’m sad to see it end… I’m going to miss my guys… but they will be back, in some way, in the sequel. I have 70 chapters written for it so far, so I hope you all will continue on with it. It’s been a long year… and time for a new beginning. So the sequel will be out soon, and thank you soooo much to all readers, new and old, for sticking with me ^-^****