Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(6)Kyo the cat demon

You woke up to the sound of purring next to your ear and smiled remembering the cuteness of the kitten. However you suddenly realized that whatever was beside you was much heavier. You slowly turned around and screamed.
"Kyo!!??"
Kyo opened his eyes in alarm and looked around the room frantically. "What? Who is it?"
You looked at him like he was crazy. "You!"
Kyo looked at you confused then sighed as he looked down at himself. "The transformation wasn't supposed to wear off so quickly..."
You sat there trying to fit all the pieces together... You had a kitten beside you last night... And when you woke up you heard purring... but Kyo was beside you now. *No way* you scooted back away from him and ended up falling off of your bed with an "oof."
You rubbed your butt as Kyo peaked over and tried to hold back a laugh. You glared at him and got up. "Where is the kitten? Did you eat it or something? You did say you're a demon..."
Kyo laughed out loud now and shook his head. "Yeah. Because demons just love to eat kittens."
"Then what happened to it?" You demanded looking under the bed and around the room for it. Kyo sat on the bed and smiled, watching you. It was just then that it hit you... You looked back at him in shock. "No way... It's not possible..."
Kyo got off of your bed and you saw that he had a pair of cat ears on top of his head now. You stumbled back away from him, your eyes huge, and fell over a loose rug onto the floor. You tried to scramble away from him, but he leaned over you and brought you up to stand in front of him.
"I won't hurt you," he looked into your eyes, and you saw something strange. Love maybe? It was hard to believe that a guy you just met could love you, but anything was possible. You reached your hand up to his head and gently touched the ears hoping to pull them off. But they stayed on his head even when you started to tug on them a little harder.
"Believe me yet?" He asked softly, getting closer to your face. You could feel his breath, gentle on your lips and you felt yourself wanting them on your own. But you gently pushed him away, your hands lingering on his chest.
"I guess I can believe you..." you admitted considering everything that you had seen in the last couple of days. There was no way to explain for everything that had happened so you decided you would just go with it. You sat down heavily on your bed and pulled your knees to your chest. "But this is all really freaky... I really have to marry one of you?
Kyo nodded slowly and sat down next to you, putting his arm around you. "I understand... It wasn't easy for us at first either to accept. But when I saw you," he turned your head towards him with his hand and gazed deeply into your eyes. "I knew that I wanted to try. Maybe just seeing you... I kind of felt in love with you right then."
You blushed and turned your face from him. It was all so unreal for this to be happening. Here was a guy, in your room, completely falling for you. But then the thought occurred to you, * What if he's just saying all this to get me to marry him? They are all trying to win my heart... He could be lying...*
The thought made you feel depressed and you pushed yourself away from him and stood up onto your floor. "I think you should leave..."
Kyo looked at you, disappointed and hurt. "Did I do something?"
You shook your head and pointed to your door. "You guys will say anything to get me to be with you. So in reality I can never trust any of you. I can never believe that any of you really love me or that you even care about me at all. You may only be looking out for yourselves without caring how I feel."
Kyo pulled you close to him suddenly and held you close to his heart. "Don't you ever think that of me. Anything I say or feel is not a lie."
"There's no way I could ever know for sure that-"
He cut you off with a kiss. It was deeper this time and you could feel all of his emotions flowing through your body. He pulled back and you looked up at him in a daze.
"Now do you believe me?" He asked, breathing heavily as he leaned his forehead against yours and held onto your face.
You closed your eyes and nodded. You didn’t want to argue with him. You just wanted to believe that this was real and that maybe someone was capable of loving you. "You should probably still leave though. I'll come and see you guys tomorrow and then maybe we can talk about this rationally."
"I'm glad..." he whispered and kissed your forehead. "Until tomorrow then, my lady." He gently kissed the tips of your fingers and disappeared out your window instead of going through the house.
*Good idea...* you sighed and laid down in your bed, watching the glow of the sky outside as the sun began to rise. You felt you eyes growing heavy and just before you fell asleep you noticed the same orange and white cat jumping into your window.
♠ ♠ ♠
So… Kyo is a cat demon, or otherwise known as a neko. He has the ability to transform into a normal cat also, as he was the one you were sleeping with.