Falling in love is great. Unless it's with a demon.

(8)Shopping and an escape plan

You were laying in your bed now, or the bed that they had given you at least, staring up at the ceiling thinking about the days events. Your mother was dead, you were living with three strange guys, you had almost been kidnapped by some psycho fallen angel and this bed wasn't very comfortable. You sighed and rolled over on your side wishing that your stuffed panda was there with you... He probably burned in the fire with everything else. *I'm not going to cry about though...* you resolved in your head as you felt the tears already coming to your eyes. You closed them tight and swallowed hard. *I cry too much... I'm too weak... I'm never going to cry again... never...*
Having your eyes closed made you realize just how not tired you were, since you thought that closing them might make you fall asleep. You opened them and sighed again. The boys had told you to stay in your room and sleep even though it was still the middle of the day. *How can they expect me to sleep with so much going?* You thought sitting up and for the first time really looked around the room. It wasn't much, you admitted, but bigger than your old one. It was painted deep, blood red with matching curtains and chairs that sat along a table. There was a window in front of you across the room and a gentle breeze tossed the curtains back and forth. You felt it stroke your face lightly then dissipate back outside when the curtains fell still.
You stood up out of your bed and walked over to them, pushing them back slightly to look outside. All you could see was an endless expanse of trees, and a few house tops a little further away. You touched the bottom of the window and tugged on it, willing it to open more, but it held fast. *Stuck...* You thought rolling your eyes and turned around. You noticed now that there were two other doors in your room and walked to the closest to explore, but found it was only a closet filled with... dressed? You poked through them and found at least 20 dresses of different colors and design. *Ok... three guys in a house with a room full of dresses... Creepy much?* You got on your knees and looked through the bottom of the closet finding shoes of all kind and a small box in the very back covered with dust. You reached back and picked it up with one hand, bringing it out to the light of your room. It was simple, made of wood and pained black with a rose on the top. You looked it over top to bottom, but didn't find anything else interesting so you shrugged and opened it. A soft light emanated out of it and you found that all that was inside was a small notebook and a moonstone ring. You picked the ring up and looked at it in wonder, but then put it back and began to examine the notebook. It was black as well, with no other marks except for a word on the cover. You squinted your eyes to see what ti said, but a knock came at the door and you scrambled to put everything back in it's place.
"Kira, are you ok?" Chase's voice asked, concerned and you heard the door beginning to creak open.
You closed the closet door and ran to the door to your room to meet Chase with a smile. "Yeah, hi, need something?" you asked, trying to keep your breathing steady.
Chase gave you a curious look before laughing and walking into your room. He handed you something as he passed that was slightly burned. It was your panda...
"How did you get this...?" You asked following him into your room.
He chuckled and sat down on your bed, patting the spot beside him for you to sit. You gave him a suspicious look before cautiously sitting down beside him. "Kyo mentioned something about it... so I went back and got it for you."
"Oh..." you felt bad now for being so suspicious of him. "Thanks..."
"No problem, babe," he put his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into him his hand touching your side teasingly.
You rolled your eyes, *so much for feeling bad... he's such a pervert!* You pushed yourself away and glared at him, but he only laughed again and stood up, grabbing your hand. "Come on."
"Where are we going?" You asked pulling your hand back as well, but he gripped it and pulled you up to be beside him.
"That's a secret," he said quietly, walking out of your room.
You had nothing better to do so giving one last look back at your closet you ran after him.

After a long car ride with the guys, you found yourself at the mall. They insisted on buying you new clothed and anything else you needed since they were the reason everything you had got destroyed. So you took them up on that offer and bought all new clothes and some stuff to brighten up your room. You got some pretty strange looks from the people walking by. That was to be expected though, with three gorgeous guys walking on each side of you, like they were your guardians. The girls looked with envy, the guys looked at you and then suddenly looked away after getting a glare from one of the guys and the older people there looked with confusion. You laughed and didn't let it bother you...
"I think we should paint my room," you offered, leaving the current store you had been browsing. Each guy had a couple of bags in their hands and sighed, almost regretting that they had told you to get whatever you wanted.
Noki sighed, " You're spoiled."
You pouted and turned to him. "Am not. You guys destroyed all my stuff!"
"He destroyed all your stuff," Kyo pointed to Noki. "If fireball guy hadn't set the house on fire, then all your things would still be ok."
"Oh dear me, sorry for saving all of you," Noki growled back at Kyo.
Chase laughed and grabbed your hand. "Let's leave these two old bickering ladies behind, shall we?"
You laughed as Noki and Kyo turned to glare at Chase now. He only laughed and pointed at you, "It was Kira."
You gasped and hit him in the arm. "You liar it was you! Like I really sound like a guy."
Chase and the other guys laughed at that comment trying to imagine you sounding like a guy, since your voice was so sweet and cute. You crossed your arms and hummphed. "Fine, I'm leaving if you're going to make fun of me."
You started to walk off when they laughed stopped and the guys got silent. "Well that's what I thought you mea- ouch." You bumped right into a hard body and fell back onto the ground. Looking up you could see the smiling face of the fallen angel that had tried to kidnap you earlier...
You scooted back with your hands, until you ran into Kyo's legs. They stood behind you, ready to fight, but not showing their demons selves unless needed because of the humans walking by.
"Sato..." Noki said calmly, giving him a deadly look.
Sato, the fallen angel guy, sneered and gave each of the guys a look. "How good to see you boys here... how's your mother?"
Kyo growled low and looked like he was about to attack, but Noki put a hand on his shoulder as a reminder that they couldn't fight right now.
"Oh are you still angry at me over that?" he laughed and looked down at you, still on the floor. "I wonder how long it will take you to get over her..."
"You're not taking her..." Chase said evenly, a slight anger in his voice.
"I do not intend to fight you here and now," he stated looking around at the people who looked at the four of you curiously. "Although killing a few humans means little to me."
"Then why are you here?" You asked, but regretted it as his gaze again turned to you. His eyes were like fire, and burned a path straight into your heart. You met his gaze as evenly as you could though, trying not to look afraid.
"I'll have you soon, my dear, but now I leave you this gift, " he promised, giving you a sinister look and with that he disappeared. No one around you seemed to notice... And then the shouting began.
"That's her," someone screamed. "That's the girl who killed her mother and burned her house down!"
"Someone call the security guards!"
"Get her!"
"She's a murderer!"
You stood up as people began to swarm around you, caging you in a tight circle.
"We must not hurt humans," Kyo cautioned as Chase began to grow out his fangs and claws.
"I know that, but what are we going to do!?"
"Run!" Noki shouted over the angry crowd and with a word a side of them fell to the floor leaving an opening.
"What are you doi-? You screamed at him, but Kyo put his hand over your mouth and picked you up, carrying you away from the crowd and shouting. You only hoped those people weren't dead, but now you had to make an escape...