In Her Dreams

Chapter Three.

Maggie-

“Hello Miss!” I heard a semi familiar voice call out as the place beside me on the seat sunk in. Someone was talking to me?

“What?” I asked, trying to sound irritated, but I don’t think it worked.

“Tell your ‘boyfriend’ that more is coming.” Said one of the popular guys. I believe his name was Jack or Jay or something else like that. I wouldn’t know.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I muttered. I didn’t have a boyfriend. I didn’t have a friend, period.

“Oh, you aren’t as smart as you make yourself sound, now are you?” He said and it reminded me of a mother talking to their or another’s baby. It was sad.

“And you aren’t smart enough to speak like a normal human.” I said quietly and almost under my breath.

“What was that?” He asked sharply.

“I guess not?” I put my ‘words from before’ in a question form, trying to sound as innocent as I thought I looked. He only scowled at me before turning from my seat and sitting next to Veronica.

I did know her, though I wish I didn’t.

There had once been rumors floating around that she had slept with all of the guys on the football team. Including the coaches. But like I said, it was a rumor and if anyone should know that rumors usually aren’t true… it would be me.

That’s what ruined me.

I laugh about it now, but then I had been so devastated. I probably knew Veronica better than her other two-faced cheerleading friends. I’m not against cheerleaders or anything –-I used to be one way back when-- but if you knew these girls, you’d understand how I meant it as an insult.

Enough about my ‘awful past’ and back into the present. It’s far more exciting.

To me, anyway.

That night went by quicker than I would have liked. I’d savored the little bit of time I had before I had to actually do something as I listened to music. I had missed my music terribly.

“Maggie… come up stairs right now.” I heard Dylan whisper in my ear after plucking the bud from it. I looked up at him from where I was laying on my bed. I was on my back with my legs hanging off of one corners of the bed and my head in the other. I was completely relaxed and he just had to ruin the moment.

Jerk.

“Why?” I moaned.

“Someone’s at the door.” I narrowed my eyes at him. If he was just messing with me…

“Fine.” I grumbled as I pulled myself up and walked up the stairs sluggishly behind my slightly hyper active brother.

“Meet Tay!” He said motioning towards a girl sitting on the couch in the living room. Her hair was long and almost too black. Her dark brown eyes almost matched her hair, but from close enough up you could tell that they were brown.

“Maggie?” Taylor stood up as she heard us coming. She seemed nice enough at the moment so I only nodded my head a bit. She smiled and then half ran and half skipped in my direction before enveloping me in a huge hug.

I didn’t know what her problem was, but it was starting to freak me out.

I could hear Dylan laughing at what I think was a terrified expression coming from me as he took ‘Tay’s’ hand and pulled her next to him. I smiled at her and gave a meek wave.

Outgoing much?

“Tay this is my sister.” Dylan stated the obvious. I rolled my eyes before realizing that he had in fact lied about the door.

“I hate you.” I mumbled before turning around and heading back to the ‘bat cave’ or in layman’s terms… my room.

“What? You don’t mean that!” Dylan said before tackling me from behind. I screeched in surprise and he only laughed. This is the Dylan I usually liked.

“Yes! I do!” I said and then I clarified. “No one’s at the door you liar.”

“Oh.” He thought for a moment. “Tay was at the door… at one point.”

I sighed before taking the steps two at a time to my sanctuary.

I turned my music louder and curled up in a ball underneath my covers trying to get warm and then stay that way. My ears were starting to hurt, but I didn’t dare to move, so that’s how I fell asleep.

I didn’t even dream that night.

Jacob-

Home wasn’t as empty as I had expected. My parents were home. With out warning.

There went my plans for the weekend.

Who are they to just barge in, change my life, and then leave again only to show up a month earlier than expected; ruining my social-life?

Oh, yeah. That’s right.

They’re my parents.

I shook my head slightly before walking up to my room ignoring my mother --who wanted a hug-- and my father who was flipping mindlessly through the many TV channels we had. My room didn’t look as lived in as it was.

I flicked on a song. Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace. I sighed before sitting down and just ‘gathering my thoughts’.

The night was as uneventful as they usually were with the only exception being the yelling I could faintly hear from down the hall.

“That’s new.” I mumbled before trying to listen in. I could hear one word being repeated and it gave me a slight clue as to why they were home. Jacob.

Automatically the worst thoughts flew through my head. ‘They’ve heard about the fight!’ Or even worse, ‘They’re sending me to boarding school because of the fight because of Maggie.’ They’d threatened things like that before, but calming myself down I reminded myself that there is no possible way they could know about any of that.

Turning the music on louder I let the beats lull me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, the story seems really... stupid right now, but trust me... it gets better.

I mean, at least I think it's better.... and I usually don't like what I write as much as I like this story...

Feedback would be amazing.