Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

She Can Stay With Me

The next day was a game against West Ham. I was gathering my stuff in my room when Caine and Rob came in and sat on my bed.
"You guys coming?" I asked. They both nodded. "Good. Cause I want you guys to come!" I smiled and hugged them quickly before grabbing a few water bottles out of the refrigerator and leading them to my car.

"Camry, go in for Beratov," Sir Alex lightly pushed me toward the midfield line to sub. I jogged there and ran onto the field when the ref stopped the game for us to switch.
After fifteen minutes of playing, the goalie for West Ham punted it and the ball came flying toward me. I didn't realize the other midfielder was so close behind me when I jumped up to head it down. I, being about five inches shorter than he was, barely missed the ball. Next thing I knew, he was pushing on my back, making me lose my balance and fall face forward. It was several seconds before the huge pain in my knee registered in my brain. I bit my lip, immediately tasting blood, and doing all I could not to scream.
I barely heard the ref blow his whistle for play to stop after the ball went out and people talk to me quickly.
"Can you get up?" Sir Alex asked.
I barely moved my knee before I let out a whimper and I shook my head. I felt myself being carefully lifted, the person doing their best not to touch my knee. I sat on the bench and someone pressed a bag of ice on my knee. I gasped and clutched the bench as tight as I could, feeling like I would either break the bench or my fingers. I had a strong feeling the fingers would be the ones to lose.
"I think she needs to go to the hospital. It might be broken-" a voice said.
"No!" I yelled. "It's not broken! I'm fine! I'm fine! I'll ice it tonight and I'll be fine in the morning."
They continued as though I hadn't said anything. I tried to not listen and concentrate on the game, but I couldn't help it. I was terrified I would be out for the rest of the season, and I hated that thought.
"Come on, let's get you in the car," Sir Alex said.
I looked up at him. "Can I at least watch the rest of the game?"
He looked at me and sighed. "I guess, since we only have twenty minutes left."
I tried to smile but knew I failed miserably before I turned back to the game. Luis had gone on the field in my place, and had just crossed it. Wayne sprinted up and pounded it into the far back corner of the net, the goalie having no chance to stop it. I yelled with everyone else as Wayne celebrated.
The rest of the game passed without anyone else scoring, leaving the score one nil. Sir Alex and the trainer made me sit on the bench afterwards, letting the West Ham players come up to me instead of walking out to the field. When the player that had pushed me walked by, he smirked and said, "Tough luck."
I glared at him and almost got up, but felt a weight on my shoulder preventing me from doing so. I sat back and crossed my arms over my chest, officially pissed.
"Okay, we need to get you to the hospital, now. Come on," the trainer, Alex, said.
I sighed and agreed. Alex provided support for my left leg, and we had only made it a few yards before Cristiano appeared on my right.
"I'll carry you," he volunteered.
I opened my mouth to decline but he had already picked me up, somehow without touching my knee.
"You okay?" He whispered and kissed my cheek.
"'m fine," I mumbled against his sweaty jersey. "You stink."
He laughed. "You don't smell too great yourself, but I wasn't going to say anything. You being a cripple and all."
"I'm not a cripple," I mumbled halfheartedly.

"-you'll be in a cast for eight weeks, the break wasn't a clean one," the doctor was saying. "So what color do you want?"
I groaned and mumbled, "Red."
He smiled and a nurse came in and helped him wrap my knee, and the whole rest of my leg below it.
"You know, it's really not necessary to wrap it all up, it's just my knee after all," I said.
He smiled again. "Yes, but if you move your foot the wrong way or something like that, you might accidentally bend your knee the wrong way, so it's best to be careful for now." He and the nurse finished up soon after to let me leave. "Make sure you don't get it wet at all, it'll be nasty if you do. Come back in a few weeks. Do you have anyone living with you right now?" He asked.
I remembered Caine and Rob are leaving tomorrow, and replied, "Well I have two friends until tomorrow, but after that, no."
"I'm just asking, because you might need some extra help and all getting around. Anyone you could ask?"
"She can stay with me," Ronnie said.
I gave him a look. "Seriously?"
He nodded and smiled. "Of course."
♠ ♠ ♠
Bummer. I'll mix it up this time. 2 comments [by two different people] = update! [as soon as I can]