Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

I'll Be Waiting

I was packing for the next eight weeks when Caine came into my room and jumped on my bed. "Whatcha packin' for?" He asked.
"A friend's house," I replied simply.
"Really? I know girls like to over pack and all, but isn't a whole suitcase a bit extreme?" He peeked over my shoulder at my already stuffed suitcase.
"Well," I started. "I'll kind of be there a while."
"Oh, for the cast and all?" I nodded. He then smiled really wide. "So it'll be like a sleepover!"
I raised my eyebrows and nodded again, this time slowly. I worry about that boy.

"Go little buddy, go!" I yelled at Fernando Torres on the TV. Liverpool was playing AC Milan, with the score being 2-1 Liverpool.
"Little buddy?" Cristiano laughed.
"Yeah, I mean, he's like six inches tall ā€“ well, no he's about 12. Point is/i] he's a short little guy playing soccer and running as fast as his little legs can go! And I'm supporting him!" I tried to explain myself.
Cristiano raised an eyebrow. "You're supporting Liverpool?"
I didn't look up from the television. "Well, you can't help but like the guy! He's Fernando Torres! I'm sorry! Well, maybe you might not be able to like him, but....forget it."
He smiled and rolled his eyes.
The game ended about an hour later, and I was dead tired. "Cris, be a doll and get me a garbage bag," I looked up at him, making my eyes big.
He looked at me for a second, then sighed and got me one. "What for?"
"Doc said I ain't s'posed to get my cast wet," I said sticking my foot in it. I held my hand out. "Tape."
"Tape? You need tape too?" He whined.
"Well of course, it's not gonna magically stay there!" I said obviously.
He fake glared at me before handing me tape. "Anything else, Princess?"
I smiled wide. "Not yet...I think. I'll come up with something in a few minutes."
He shook his head and disappeared around the hallway. I grabbed my crutches and hobbled to the stairs. I took a minute to stare up at them and pray to not fall down or some gain some other injury only I could figure out how to get, and slowly raised myself up the first step. Then, the second. The third. I felt myself being lifted up and closed my eyes, praying the same words over and over again. "Please don't make it hurt, please don't make it hurt, please don't make it hurt."
A laugh was heard close to my ear. "What are you going on about now?" Cris asked.
I realized what had happened and yelled, "Cristiano Ronaldo! Never sneak up on me like that! That was cruel, senseless," I continued to ramble about how stupid he was for doing that and how much he scared me until he dropped me down in front of the bathroom. I sent him one last final glare before stepping inside and shutting the door quickly behind me. I turned the bathtub knob, starting the water, and peeled off my shorts and t shirt before getting in.
I had to take extra care not to get my cast wet, which I think I still managed to do, plastic bag or not. I had just closed my eyes to lean back when the door opened quickly and Cris said, "I forgot there isn't any soap and shampoo in here!" He tossed both at me before I could register it and closed the door quickly as well.
"Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro!" I yelled, to be met by laughter.
I finished up quickly, dressed, and brushed my teeth before tossing my clothes in a bag and headed back downstairs. I heard Cristiano talking to someone outside, their voices quiet, so I couldn't hear anything, although they sounded like guys. I stumbled at the end of the stairs but caught myself, but not before I let out an 'oomph!', letting them know I was here.
The person outside poked his head around so that I could see that it was Wayne. I rolled my eyes and smiled.
He grinned even wider when he saw my cast. "Very nice. Nicely done. Good color," he said, joking.
"Shut up. Iā€™m going to find a way to make you break your leg and see how much you appreciate me making fun of you!"
"I'll be waiting!" He obviously didn't believe me. Oh well. His problem.
"Are you staying?" I asked, ignoring his last comment. We both looked to Cristiano, who, after looking between the two of us, agreed.
"Movie time!" Wayne yelled after five minutes of watching House reruns.
"Oh good Lord," I said. "What one?"

He quickly picked out a movie, one that I had never seen before, and stuffed ā€“ almost literally ā€“ the DVD into the player.
A few minutes into it, I laid my head on Ronnie's shoulder and before I knew it, I was out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank to everyone who commented on the last chapter! It makes me feel good! I'll be nice and keep it at 2 = update!