Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Is It Working?

"Camry! You're here! What do you think of Spain so far?" Coach Aragones asked, smiling.
I smiled as well. "It's great. Apparently I've already got two new best friends."
He laughed, apparently knowing who I was talking about. "They like to have competitions about that. Let's go get you a uniform, then."

We came back from his office to the locker room, where the team was. Upon seeing me, Sergio yelled, "My new English best friend!"
I laughed. "My new Spanish best friend!" Fernando coughed. "...one of them!" I added, making everyone else laugh as well.
"Well guys, I assume you know this is Camry Fiacco, who's going to play with us now," Luis said. Everyone said hi, then was silent for a few minutes. "Well come on, let's get to practice!"
We followed him out to the field, where we starting with three laps, stretching, then one-on-one. I was paired with Fernando, of course. The ball was passed into the middle and I immediately started defending him, knowing I wasn't as fast. He barely got around me and shot from twenty yards away, but I sprinted up and passed the ball away from the goal just in time, to get cheers from everyone else and an obviously mad Fernando.
"It's okay Fernando. It's not your fault. I'm just too good for you!" I joked, smiling.
He smiled as well and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just wait til' next round."
Practice ended up going well, I didn't embarrass myself too badly.

The next few months were completely taken up by soccer training, and minor scrimmages. I kept my promise and called Cristiano every day that I could, and we had even managed to meet up and go to the beach one day.
"...and he dumped me in the pool!" I tried to sound mad, but I failed miserably and started laughing at the memory of running from Fernando and him catching me and throwing me in his pool. Cristiano laughed a little, although I could tell something was bothering him. "Something wrong?" I asked.
"Not really, no. Why?"
"Cristiano, what's wrong?"
"Nothing really, it's just...you seem to be getting pretty close to a lot of those guys, especially Fernando, and I'm getting nervous, I guess."
I sighed. "Cris, you have nothing to worry about. Honest. We're just good friends. It's not like I could hang around all the guys on the team so much and not get to be good friends with them!" The sound of Fernando and Sergio battling each other with the kitchen spoons was heard from the kitchen. I chose to ignore them.
"I know, it's just...I can't help it."
"Have some more faith in me! I would never do that to you, you know that."
"I do. Honest. I’m all better now."
"Good. Keep it that way," I said. "I've got to go, we had four hours of practice today. I'm beat."
"Okay, see ya."
"Bye," I shut my phone and tossed it on the couch before going into the kitchen. "Can you guys be any more immature? How did you ever get girlfriends?"
"We paid them a lot," Sergio smiled.
"I can believe it," I said, taking the spoons and pots away from them and putting them in the sink to clean. Many times.
"Speaking of girlfriends, when's your birthday?" Fernando asked.
"What does my birthday have to do with girlfriends?" I asked. He shrugged. "December 14."
"That's in....nineteen days!"
I slow clapped for him. "Now we can count!" I said sarcastically.
He fake glared at me. "We should have a party!"
"Oh good Lord, no. No parties. I already know that would be a bad idea for you," I rejected the idea immediately.
He pouted, and was soon accompanied by Sergio. "You know you want one! We throw the best parties!"
"I bet you do, but it's not going to happen any time soon, you can count on that," I said.
"Why not?" they whined.
"I've already explained that, guys. No parties. Done," I shook my head.

We were on the way home from the last soccer practice of the year on my birthday, and Sergio was explaining about a soccer team he helped coach in high school. "...and my girls' team always won, I mean how couldn’t they? I was their coach!"
"You had a girls team?" Fernando asked.
I whispered in his ear, "He was on it!"
Fernando laughed and high fived me. "Burn!"
They followed me up the stairs to my apartment and talked between each other as I tried to find my key. I slid it into the lock and threw open the door.
"Happy birthday!" The members of Manchester United, Caine, and Rob, in addition to half the Spain team, yelled.
I stood there, halfway between laughing at how cliché this was, and saying 'aww' at how cute it was at the same time. I smiled widely and hugged Fernando and Sergio. "Did you guys do that?"
"Whomenoooo..." They both said at the same time, making everyone laugh.
Everyone came up to me and told me happy birthday before going back wherever they were before. Caine had just walked off to find some food when I saw Cristiano. I smiled widely and hugged him before kissing him. "Hey!"
He smiled. "Hey to you too! Happy Birthday!"
"You guys weren't supposed to do anything! No one was even supposed to know when my birthday is! Then you guys go and do this!"
"That's what we're supposed to do!" He laughed.
"And ignore my wishes?" I asked dubiously.
He only nodded in reply.
"So why didn't you come over sooner?" I asked.
"Well I saw Caine near you and then he started talking to you, and I know he still hates my guts, so I wasn't going to do anything at your party," he explained.
I smiled and hugged him again. "Aww....but you shouldn't let Caine stop you from doing anything! He's really just a huge pushover."
"So nothing's stopping me from doing this?" He kissed me. "Or this?" Again. "Or this?"
I shook my head and smiled.
"Good. Cause I'm going to anyway," he said making us both laugh.
The lights immediately went out and the only light source was from two candles reading 25, over a huge cake, which was held between Sergio and Fernando. They started singing Happy Birthday, out of tune I might add, and were soon joined by everyone else. They stopped singing and put the cake down, obviously waiting for me to blow out the candles.
I fake glared at them before blowing them out, making everyone cheer and the lights were turned back on.
Soon the table was surrounded by hungry soccer players, and I quickly moved out of the way. I crossed my arms in front of Fernando. "I can't believe you'd throw me a party after a soccer practice! I'm all nasty!"
He looked at me. "It's not like everyone hasn't seen you all sweaty and nasty before."
"At soccer, yeah, they have. Not at a party!"
He smiled and waved me off. "Complaining isn't going to get you anything, so just go on and shut up!"
I gaped at him before hitting him on the head. "Excuse you!" I yelled, running away and jumping on Cristiano's back, who was definitely not expecting it.
"What are you doing?" He asked.
"Hiding from Fernando. Is it working?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa baby! That's a long 'un! I think that makes up for the delay. I kinda had to split the party into 2. Cause it's sooo long haha. 3 comments!