Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Tomorrow

I nearly exploded from excitement the next day when I realized I was going to go see 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship that night with Cristiano. Nothing could have possibly brought my mood down.
Until Cristiano told me he had to go back to Portugal for practice.
I could only stare at him, not being able to think of anything to say. "Today?" I managed to spit out.
"Well, tomorrow, but I thought you should still know," he said quietly.
I nodded, looking at my shoes. I felt Cristiano wipe away a tear that I hadn't known had fallen and wrap me in a hug. We stood there for a minute before he held me at arms length and said, "Come on, we have a concert to go to."

When we showed up at the venue, there were tons of people lined up for blocks outside.
I sighed. "I knew we should have left sooner."
"Why?" He asked, apparently oblivious to the thousand and some odd people pointing at his car, not able to see the person in it.
"You know all those obstacles you're trying not to hit? Yeah, they're people waiting for the concert," I said sarcastically.
He waved his hand dismissively and laughed. "You don't think I'd really make you wait in that long line to have to go through the whole thing in the back, do you? We'll be at the front, don't worry."
I almost asked him how in the world he could do that, but then nearly smacked myself in the head. Of course he could do that! He's Cristiano Ronaldo!
"Well you coming?" I heard Cristiano ask.
I realized I had just been sitting in the car, while he had the door open and was waiting for me. I opened my mouth to reply, but instead closed it and nodded and followed him inside, where tables were already set up for each band to sign things. I quickly bought a poster both of 3OH!3 and Cobra Starship, and waited in line with the laughing Cristiano next to me.
"Why are you waiting? You know you could just walk up there and ask them to sign it!" He smiled.
I gaped at him. "But that would take away everything[/i[! The waiting before the signing is like..." I couldn't think of much to compare it to. "It's like waiting in the stands to see your favorite team play! Like saving up for...a Ferrari and then that moment when you realize you finally have enough money!"
He looked at me as though I was crazy. Maybe he had just been to too many concerts to really appreciate it anymore. I sighed and decided he wouldn't understand.
By the time we had reached the front of the line I was smiling so widely it probably looked like I had finally gone insane. I tried to tone it down by the time they could see me. I shyly put down he 3OH!3 poster in front of Vicky-T and asked her if she could sign it. She smiled and signed it quickly before passing it on to Ryland, then Gabe, Nate, and Alex.
"Hey, aren't you those soccer players?" Nate asked before I could stop him.
We both smiled and nodded. "That's us!"
He and Alex smiled widely. "Could we get a picture with you two?"
I laughed and nodded before walking to the other side of the table with Cristiano and waited for another fan to take the picture of the whole band and us.
Nate wrote down something on a piece of paper. "Could you email that to me?"
I nodded, slipping the paper into my pocket. "We'd probably better move before we get shot," they laughed as I lightly pushed Cristiano toward the 3OH!3 table.
"Well, that was pretty different, wasn't it?" Cristiano asked, smiling.
I nodded. "It's not every day you get asked to be in a picture with the band whose concert you're going to." I paused. "Did that make sense?"
He laughed and put his arm around me. "Nope, but I know what you meant."

"That was the best concert ever!" I smiled as we got into the car after the show. "I can't believe I got Nate's drumstick!"
He smiled and pulled out of the parking lot. "I can't either. That's awesome."
He didn’t seem surprised enough. "You asked him to give it to me, didn't you?"
He glanced at me before blushing slightly. "Well I might have..."
"Cristiano!" I lightly punched his arm. "What a loser."
He scoffed. "You're glad I did."
"...yeah, I am. Thank you." I kissed his cheek and sat back.
As Cris headed slowly [for once] across the intersection after the red light turned green, I turned to look at the window. Just in time to see a car about to T-bone the one next to us. I quickly grabbed Cris' arm. He glanced over in just enough time to see the car and to slam on brakes, because the car was slightly in front of us.
The two cars collided with an ear splitting screech, and the victim car spun around into the front of Cris', slightly spinning the Porsche so my head hit the seatbelt holder.
When everything stopped, I slowly opened the door, trying to ignore my splitting headache, to see if everyone was okay. I vaguely noticed someone in the car behind us calling 911 as a guy about six feet tall got out of the slightly beat up first car. I barely caught him as he stumbled, and let him sit against the hood.
"Are you the only one in your car? Was there anyone else?" I asked quietly.
He softly said no and held his head in his hands.
I had no idea what else I could do, so I sat next to him and held his hand until the ambulance came and took him and the two other people in the hit car to the hospital.
As I watched them be pulled out of the car, I caught a glimpse of their bloodied bodies, one obviously not moving. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth before slowly walking back to Cris and got in the car with him. The rest of the ride to my apartment was silent as we thought about was had just happened.
He walked me to the door and, after hugging me and kissing me goodnight, started to leave. I held his arm and walked in front of him. "Could you stay?" I looked at him hopefully.
He glanced at my expression before nodding and following me inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took so long! :[ I've been busy with babysitting and photography and soccer as usual. 4 comments?