Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Four Tries

The next morning when I woke up Cristiano wasn't next to me, which scared me for a minute. He definitely wouldn't have left without saying bye first, I told myself while I headed out of my room and into the kitchen, where Cris was – attempting – to make breakfast.
I laughed and sighed as he spilled some orange juice on the floor.
He smiled sheepishly at me, glancing at the floor and back to the pancakes on the stove.
"I got it. You're lucky you'd be missed if you suddenly disappeared, spilling this orange juice on my floor and making it all sticky..." I drifted off, smiling so he knew I was joking.
Fifteen minutes later I was sitting at the kitchen table, which had barely ever been used, while Cris put down the plates.
"Those pancakes took me four tries, you'd better eat every bite and lick the plate afterward," he joked.
I mock saluted him, trying not to let my mood turn sad. "Will do."
The rest of the meal was spent in near silence, as we were both absorbed in our own thoughts. When I finished I got up just as quietly and kissed him on the cheek. "It was good. Thanks."
He didn't say anything, and instead pulled me down so I was sitting on his lap and hugged me after kissing me. I put my plate on the table and hugged him back. "I will to miss you," he said sadly.
I almost laughed at his English, but instead replied, "I know. I'll miss you too. You don’t even know how much. But we'll still talk, and stuff."
He nodded after kissing my cheek. "Of course. And I'll make sure to come as often as I can."
We stayed there for another few minutes before deciding to let him go, otherwise he wouldn't ever be able to leave. While he made sure he had all his stuff together and in his car, I cleaned the dishes, never having invested in a dishwasher.
When Cris reappeared at the doorway to the kitchen, I walked down to the parking lot with him, both of us silent. When he stood in front of his car I hugged him and kissed him until I couldn't breathe anymore, then made myself let him go.
As he pulled away I mouthed 'I love you', but turned around and headed back upstairs before I could see what he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
So i know it's like epic filler and super super really short, but I thought I should end it there, There'll probably be another chapter out today.