Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

I Won't

Two weeks passed, and we were scheduled to play Liverpool in three days. Sir Alex was making us practice harder than usual. Last time we played them, Manchester lost, and everyone was out for revenge.
Sir Alex had also realized I play goalie as well as midfield. Thankfully, he didn't seem remotely inclined to put me in goal, but you never know with soccer coaches. Sometimes I don't believe them when they say they're not actually insane. You wouldn't either if you'd met half of them.
Thankfully practice ended without me getting run over. It was safe to say I was one of the shortest on the team, being 5'8".
"I say the whole team goes out tonight," Rio proposed. He was answered with agreements from everyone. Except me.
"What about you, Cam?" Edwin asked.
"Oh, um. I think I have plans?" It came out as more of a question, so I knew immediately it wouldn't fool anyone.
"So you'll go by then, great!" Wayne pounded my back in what was apparently supposed to be a light tap. Ouch.
"Definitely," I grinned.
I didn't go.

Finally, game day arrived. I was dead terrified, although I knew I wouldn't play. I had only just joined the team, anyway Regardless, I made myself get up, change, and grab my soccer bag and head to Old Trafford.
I was one of the first ones there, and saw the ones that were had already changed, so I went to try to change quickly as well, hoping no one else would show up before I was done. I had to hurry even more than usual because I hadn't wrapped my chest before I left, being too out of it to think about it. I was about to pull my jersey out of my bag when the last thing I would ever want at that moment happened.
The door opened.
My back was turned, so I didn't know who it was that had come in. I slowly turned, wrap in hand, to see Cristiano, staring at me.
"I-" I couldn't even think of anything to say. "Crist-"
"Cam? W-what?"
"Please listen to me," I said slowly. "Shut the door!"
He quickly closed it, giving me time to throw my jersey on so I wasn't only standing there in my bra.
"Listen, long story short, I was the trainer, from like two months ago? And Sir Alex saw me practicing before practice once and asked me to be on the team. I wanted to, but I knew if there was a girl on the team, everyone would treat me differently, so...I did what I had to do to play," I finished quietly.
He didn't say anything else, and left the locker room again. I stood rooted to the spot for another minute or two before slowly finishing changing. When I emerged from the locker room I saw Cristiano talking to Wayne. When Cristiano saw I had left, he headed inside. As he passed me, I whispered, "Please don't tell."
I almost thought he didn't hear me, but I barely heard him say, "I won't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh!