Status: Complete! Sequel is up!

Prove It

Amazing

"...right midfield, I want Cristiano, left mid, Giggs, centers, Nani and Fiacco," Sir Alex was listing the positions.
Holy. Crap. I was starting. I almost protested, but figured that would be really weird.
The referee blew the whistle, and Liverpool started with the ball. After a minute or so Manchester stole it, and it was passed to Cristiano, who tried to dribble up the sideline but was immediately cut off by a defender. I sprinted to the sideline to give him a drop, and yelled so, but he didn't drop it, instead giving it away to the defender. I returned to my position, running back towards our goal to help on defense.
The rest of the half continued without Cristiano passing to me once, although almost every time I was wide open. Finally the ref blew his whistle twice, and I jogged off with the rest of the team.
In the locker room, Sir Alex was pretty mad that it was still 0-0. "...and Cristiano! Cam's been sitting in the middle of the field wide open while you try to be fancy and lose the ball! Next time you do that, you're off the field!..."
No one was brave enough to interrupt him, because when he gets off on the rants of his, he gets mad, too.
When he finished, everyone headed back out to the field. I stood and waited for Cristiano. When he tried to go by me I stopped him. "Dude, if you're gonna have some little fit about this, then have it some other time. You are not costing the whole team this game. Take your anger or whatever out on them, okay? Then me later if you have to. Get your priorities straight," I said before turning him and leaving him standing there.
When I got to the field I asked Sir Alex when he was finally by himself, "What do I do after the game when everyone exchanges jerseys?"
He looked at me for a minute. "In the last few minutes pretend to be injured. Your ankle or knee or something."

The second half was going much better. I wasn't starting, but the guys who were were doing very well. I guess Sir Alex got to them.
"Fiacco. Go in for Nani."
I jogged to the midfield, and the ref stopped Owen from throwing the ball in while I traded spots with Luis.
The score was still 0-0, although the ball was almost always on Liverpool's end of the field. Cristiano shot from just outside of the eighteen, and the defender deflected it, kicking it out for a corner kick. Rodrigo crossed it, and as it was in the air I sprinted up and headed it, before feeling myself being pushed towards the goal. My head hit something hard, and I fell to the ground, seeing, but not hearing anything. Everything slowly went fuzzy, then dark.

"What's goin on?" I whispered hoarsely.
Suddenly a million loud voices filled the room, and I threw my hands over my ears. Major headache. The noise quieted enough for me to take my hands off my head.
"Cam that was amazing!" They all said excitedly.
"Whappened?" I slurred, slowly opening my eyes and relieved to see things weren't blurry anymore.
Everyone started talking at once again, but they were soon silenced by Sir Alex. It was then that I realized I didn't know where I was.
"You're in the locker room, Cam," he answered my unasked question. "You headed the ball, and one of their defenders pushed you into the goal post and you hit your head. Just a minor concussion, you'll be fine," he explained what happened.
"Well he doesn't make it sound as cool as it looked!" Wayne whispered in my other ear.
I smiled and tried to sit up, but it felt like my head exploded. I took the bottle of water handed to me, and stood up, trying to ignore the fire in my head.
"You shouldn't stand up yet," Sir Alex said, pushing my shoulder down.
"No, I'm fine," I waved him away. "Wait, who won?"
"We did! Cause of you!" Everyone yelled at once, then laughed because of it.
I was thoroughly confused. "What?"
Cristiano, who was one of the closest to me, said, "Your header went in the goal, Cam. You won it!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so happy! I already have one comment! So this chapter is dedicated to adam t. siska! thank you!