Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 10

Image

I walked back to the bus, kicking up gravel as I went and watching it fly a few feet in front of me. Then, I heard someone fall into step beside me. It was Jack and Kyle, walking and talking together.

“Hola! Que pasa?” I asked, looking over.

“Nada mi amigo. Y tu? Como estas?” I answered, laughing at Jack’s horrible Spanish accent.

“Umm…good? That’s the right answer right?” He asked me, laughing.

“Ci, que hora es?” I asked back, laughing at Kyle’s confused expression.

“Catie speaks fluent Spanish,” Jack explained to him, “She took Spanish 5 in high school, and can speak it perfectly. I had two Spanish classes with her before I quit.”

“Oh, ok. Wow, you speak it fluently?” Kyle asked.

“Yeah, languages come easy to me.”

“Awesome.”

We made some small talk about the tour and life on the road before Kyle parted ways with me and Jack, off to find his band members. Jack came with me back to the bus, getting ready to take a nap as well.

“So, um, can I talk to you?” Jack asked after we were back in the comfortable, air conditioned bus.

“Yeah, sure, what’s on your mind Jacky boy?”

“Well, I just wanted to talk to you about…us. What we’ve become, where we’re going, what the future holds for us.”

“Umm, sure, let me just change out of these clothes first.” I said, running into the bathroom and grabbing some clean clothes from my bag.

When I got into the bathroom, I locked the door and leaned against it, running my hands through my hair. “Oh boy,” I said to myself, slowly stepping out of my shorts and shirt and into a pair of soffees and a tank top. I unlocked the door and stepped out, looking around for Jack. He was sitting in the back room with a guitar, strumming random chords and tunes and making them weave together and sound beautiful. He was so incredibly talented at what he did.

“Hey,” I said, stepping into the room and taking a seat.

“Oh, hey,” he said, placing the guitar down and moving over to allow me to move onto the couch beside him, “What’s up?”

“A little confused, messed up in the head, you?”

“I’m ok, depressed, pissed at myself.”

“Why, Jack?”

“I miss you, I miss holding you, kissing you, just being around you and laughing. I miss everything we used to have and everything we could have had.”

“Jack, I already told you that it was your decision.”

“I made the wrong one. I want, no, I need you back. I’m not sure how long I can last without you.”

“Show me that you’re not going to hurt me again, and I’ll consider it. But Jack, we’re not just picking up as the happy couple where we left off. We’re going to have to start from scratch and completely rebuild our relationship. I want to know that you’re serious about this.”

“I am, and I’m willing to do anything it takes.”

“Then I’m willing to try, Jack.”

“Perfect.”

I slept peacefully that night, wondering if Jack and I could rekindle what we had. I think we could.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? please =]]?
i made a banner!