Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 12

We would reach Virginia at the end of the week, meaning that I would be seeing Megan soon. Being on the tour bus was fun, but I missed the company of girls. I had hung out with Natalie a few more times, seeing shows and just walking around venues. We were quickly becoming friends, and I couldn’t wait to introduce her to Megan either, because I knew that we would all get along great. I had also lined up a job after Warped Tour, going into the studio with my boys to help record a new CD. This could hopefully help me find a place working with the Hopeless Records family or any other record company for that matter.

“Hey Catie, where did you put my hoodie at?” Zack yelled, walking around the bus.

“Check in the drawer under your bunk. I folded it and put it there.” I said, sitting at the table in the small kitchen with my laptop.

“Found it! Thanks!” He yelled back.

Alex walked into the kitchen, pulling up another chair and grabbing a beer.

“‘Sup?” he asked me, taking a sip of the beer and propping his feet up on the table.

“I’m talking to Megan and giving her details about when to meet us and where we’ll be at on Friday.”

“That’s cool, man I can’t believe we’ve already been on here for over a month already. We aren’t even going overseas this tour because we’re going to start writing and recording soon. We only have, like, another month left!”

“Wow, really?”

“Yeah.”

“That’s so weird, it seems like it’s gone by so fast.”

“I know, but just think, after we all get to go to the studio together!”

The rest of the week passed in a blur, and before I knew it I was hugging Megan and asking her how her summer was going.

“I’ve missed you so much!” she said as she gave me a hug, saying hi to all of the guys, “How have you been? I bet its so fun getting to tour.”

“It really is, I love it!” I replied, before Jack came up behind me and laid his head down on my shoulders, waving at Megan.

“Are you two…?” She trailed off, not sure if she wanted to ask if we were dating again or not.

“We’re trying to work everything out.” I said, laughing at her expression.

“I knew it! You two can’t be apart.” She said, laughing and giving Jack a smile.

We hung out and watched shows until I had to go take my shift at the merch booth. Then, she came with me and lounged on a chair while I opened up boxes and took money for the t shirts and shorts kids were buying from us. I laughed at Megan as she held up a pair of All Time Low hot shorts to her waist to try to convince a group of guys to buy the merchandise. They walked over and were hitting on her, giving her oh so much satisfaction.

“See Catie,” she said, “I told you, if you model the merch, you sell it faster.”

“I’d rather not look like a cheap hooker, thank you. Whoever made those ‘shorts’ forgot to sew the legs in them.”

“Oh come on, they’re cute.”

“Then you model them, I’m content just the way I am.”

“I’d like to see them on you.” I heard someone whisper from behind me, causing me to jump around and scream.

Jack was standing behind me laughing at the fact that my heart may have just stopped beating.

“That was not even funny,” I said, “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

“You’re right, it wasn’t funny, it was absolutely hilarious.”

I hit him in the arm before turning around to talk to some more customers. I watched a teenage girls face morph from shock at seeing Jack at the merchandise tent to anger as he leaned down and wrapped his arms around my waist, setting his head on my left shoulder. Jack laughed at the expression she was making, before turning me around towards him and looking me straight in the eyes.

“Catie…would you be my girlfriend again?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? they make me happy. and I'm still in a banner making mood, so if you want one just tell me which of your stories you want it for!