Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 15

“I need to find an apartment soon.” I said, staring out the window.

“Me too,” Alex mumbled, half asleep, “We can get one after we record our new cd.”

“You can, I’m going to start looking tomorrow.”

“I’m sure Jack will help. He’s going to end up living with you.” Alex said.

“Then he’s going to split rent with me.”

“You should ask him about it.”

“I will, later.”

Soon, we were back at the oh-so-familiar home that I had grown up in since I was six years old.

“Finally!” Alex yelled, hugging the couch when we got inside.

Then, he fell onto it and fell asleep. I took my suitcases upstairs and followed Alex’s example, crawling into my bed and sleeping.

The next time I woke up was when my phone started ringing at 11 pm.

“Hello?” I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

“Hey babe, I’m outside your house. Open your window.”

I laughed, same old Jack. We used to do this in high school all of the time. I turned on my lamp and opened up my window so that Jack could climb in. It was relatively easy to reach my window on the second story of our house. He climbed in and sat down on my bed, giving me a kiss.

“I missed you already.” He said, laying back on my bed and pulling me with him.

He rolled over so that he was facing me and took my head in his hands. He kissed me again, running his hands through my hair. Then, he wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head down on his chest and slept. Before I was completely asleep, he whispered one thing in my ear. “I think I’m falling in love with you again.”

The next morning, I heard various “Awws” and a camera click before I decided to open my eyes.

“Good morning guys.” I mumbled, sitting up. Alex, Zack and Rian were in my room taking pictures of me cuddled into Jack.

“Wake up! Jack has work to do. He has to come up with guitar riffs and we have to write music. I want to start working today because I have a lot of good songs that I wrote on tour.”

“Jack, come on, get up.” I said, poking in the side.

“No…I don’t want to. Just sleep with me all day.”

“I would, but your friends are demanding that you go with them.”

“Ok, I guess I will. Give me a minute.”

We left the room and went downstairs to get some food while Jack got up. A few minutes later, he joined us downstairs as hyper as ever.

“So what’s the plan for today?” He asked, grabbing a soda and sitting down.

“Well, we are all going to sit around, eat, get smashed, and come up with amazing, kick ass music.” Alex answered, grabbing his keys. “We’re going over to Rian’s apartment.”

“Oh, that reminds me!” I said, jumping up, “I’m going to go apartment hunting today!”

I shooed the boys out, and then took off in my Jeep Laredo to look around at apartment complexes around the city. Eventually, I found a nice apartment building that I liked. I wrote down their number and went home to look them up online and call for prices. When I got home, my parents were home and sitting in the living room laughing about something.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” I asked, walking in and smiling.

“We were just laughing about how much all of you have grown up. We started remembering the first time that we were in the US. Alex and you still had really strong British accents then, and kids looked at you so funny when we walked you into your first grade classroom. You came home and cried all day that you just wanted to sound like everyone else, and eventually you worked at it until you lost your accent.”

“I know. It made me so upset that kids laughed at me, who would have thought that now, I could care less about what someone says about me.”

“We sure are going to miss seeing you when you move out. I know that you never lived here in college, but when you were still there, we at least got to see you on weekends and holidays. Now you’re all grown up and you’re going to be living a life on your own.”

“Not on my own, mom, Alex and the boys will always be with me. Hell, they’re probably going to end up moving in with me.”

“At least that way we would know you were safe.” My dad said, smiling.

“I always will be, you know the guys take care of me.”

We sat and talked for a while longer until I finally decided to go look at the apartment complex online. I was right, it was perfect. The complex had a swimming pool, tennis courts, and I could get up to a four bedroom apartment. I would talk to the boys when they got back and see if they were up to sharing an apartment. To be honest, I was kind of afraid of living by myself. Especially once the boys started touring again. I don’t know what I would do.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments=faster updates
they inspire me =]