Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 19

After lunch we headed back to the apartment. None of them were actually officially moving all of their stuff in. They were just bringing in a little at a time, leaving it, and their collection of clothes in the other two bedrooms. It had been decided their first night that since Alex was a heavy snorer, he would get a room to himself and Rian and Zack gladly shared their room. Within the first few days of them moving in, the apartment smelled absolutely horrible. I felt like I was back on a bus with them. How could four people be so unhygienic?

As I woke up exactly a week to the day that Rian, Zack and Alex had decided to move in, I made a decision to do something about the smell. I got out of bed, slowly moving Jack’s arm from around my waist. I went to the bathroom, got under my sink and started getting out cleaning supplies. I had a bucket, bleach, gloves, air freshener, and a toilet cleaner. Then I went to the living room and got into the closet and pulled out the vacuum cleaner and a broom.

“Everyone into the living room right now!” I screamed, making sure that they would hear me. Soon, they all made their way slowly to the couch, except for Jack. I went into our bedroom and sat down on top of him.

“Wake up, Jack.”

“Five minutes…please.”

“No, now. Get up or I’ll dump water on you.”

“I dare you…” He answered, laying his head back down on the pillow.

“Ok, but remember that you asked for it.”

I went into the bathroom with the cleaning bucket and filled it up with water. Then, I proceeded to dump all of it on Jack. Let’s just say he got up extremely fast.

“You bitch.”

“Hey, you dared me,” I answered, laughing, “Now get into the living room.”

He went and I followed, watching the guys tired faces turn to grins as they noticed that Jack was soaking wet.

“Ok, so there’s a reason you’re all up at eight a.m. Today is cleaning day, and I’m not doing it alone. So here’s how it’s going to go, and don’t argue with me because you won’t win.” I said, feeling very powerful at the moment. Hey, what could I say, I could have been a drill sergeant. “Jack, you can clean the living room and kitchen. That means vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning the counters and doing the dishes. Rian, you are going to clean the bathrooms. I have bleach, a bucket and a toilet brush. Alex, make the beds and strip the sheets. Bring them to me afterwards and then pick up all of the laundry and put it in the laundry baskets. Zack, you get to dust everything off and put up the dishes after Jack does them, between that time you can go through and fix everything in the entertainment center and put up all the games and DVD’s. Everyone got what they’re doing?”

“What are you doing?” Alex shot back, staring at me.

“I will be doing all of the laundry after you get it picked up from your room and Rian and Zack’s. I’ve got it in mine and Jack’s. Then, after all of you finish I’ll be spraying the air freshened and cooking lunch, ok?”

“Ok, that works I guess.”

So for the rest of the morning, that’s how things went. When everyone was finished and done complaining, I cooked three pizzas (these guys could put away some food.) and we sat down in the clean living room and played video games and relaxed.

“So, sis, I think I’m going to ask Megan to be my girlfriend.” Alex said, in between engulfing another slice of pizza.

“Really? That’s so cool! I know that she likes you.”

“She does! Sweet, that makes things a little easier for me.”

Despite all of the stories about my brother being a man whore, he wasn’t. Granted, he could get himself into some pretty sticky situations with girls, but it wasn’t intentional. He meant no harm to anyone, and he really was a great guy. I knew he would make Megan happy.

We played games and talked until around seven, when Jack finally decided that we should go out to dinner and pick up some movies or something. We wanted something to eat fast and no one felt like getting dressed, so we chose to just grab some fast food from Chik-Fil-A. Then, we hit up Blockbuster for some movies and games.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made through another day of swim team. I almost swam a mile =O