Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 20

“Hey, how about this one?” Jack said, holding up a movie called ‘Gingerdead Man’.

At the checkout counter, they rang up seven movies. Jack had picked out Gingerdead Man and The Orphanage, Zack got Max Payne, Rian got Taken and My Bloody Valentine, Alex chose Pineapple Express for the hundredth time and I got He’s Just Not that Into You. As we left, all the guys argued over what movie we were watching first.

I decided that I would pass on watching the Orphanage (I hate movies with subtitles.) and chose to go into mine and Jack’s room to watch He’s Just Not that Into You. I was soon followed by Jack who flopped down beside me in bed.

“Hey babe.”

“Hey,” I replied, “I thought you were watching a movie out there.”

“I was but I missed you so I came in here.”

I smiled, silently thinking about how corny but sweet Jack was.

“Aww.” I replied, kissing him on the cheek.

He kissed me back and soon, the kisses deepened. Before I knew it, Jack was on top of me and I was unbuckling his belt. Then, our door flew open.

“Oh my god! My eyes! Oh god, that’s my little sister. Ew…oh god.” Alex screamed, slamming the door.

I looked at Jack and we started hysterically laughing, before continuing on with our night. “I love you,” was the last thing that I said to Jack before falling asleep for the night.

When I walked into the kitchen the following morning, Alex looked like he was scarred for life.

“Are you ok, Alex?” I asked, snapping him out of the trance he was in.

“I feel so awkward.” He said, laughing.

“Sorry, but you are living in OUR apartment.”

“True, well I’m going. Me and Megan are going out shopping.”

“Ok, have fun lovebirds. Tell her to call me later.” I said, following Alex into the entrance off the apartment.

“Will do,” he said, opening the door to leave, “See ya.”

I turned around to go back to the kitchen, running into Jack.

“Oh, hey, good morning!” I said, giving him a kiss.

“Morning, babe. What’s on the agenda for today?”

“I don’t really care. What do you want to do.”

“Let’s go…see a movie and grab some lunch.”

“That sounds fun! Let me just get changed and we can head out.”

“Ok, yay!” Jack said, bouncing up and down.

Within ten minutes, I was dressed in a pair of blue jean shorts and an electric blue tank top. I was also wearing the heart necklace that Jack had given me again. I grabbed my flip flops and a purse and left the room to meet Jack in the living room.

“I’m ready.” I said, standing beside his tall frame.

“Ok, me too,” he said, grabbing my hand, “Hey, you’re wearing your necklace!” I watched a smile appear and grow on his face.

“Yeah, I figured I could start wearing it again.”

He just grinned at me before we hopped into my Jeep to go to lunch and then the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?