Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 22

Jack and I covered ourselves up in the sheets and laid down in bed, trying to even out or breathing and keep a straight face.

“They’re asleep or acting asleep. Quick, grab the ice and water. Let’s get them back.” Zack said, motioning to Rian to go into the kitchen and get the stuff.

Zack stayed and watched us, and when Rian returned he handed Zack the bucket of water. As soon as Jack and I realized what they were doing. He silently mouthed to me the words “one…two…three.” And on three we flew out of the covers right as Zack and Rian began dumping the water. However, Zack managed to grab me and hold me under the water while Rian shoved ice cubes under my shirt. I screamed and Jack rolled around in the floor laughing. That didn’t last for long though, because I made sure to help Zack and Rian hold Jack down.

“Weren’t expecting that were you?” I laughed, tickling Jack’s sides too.

After all was over, we were okay again, and the rest of our day we just hung out.

Alex came home later that night with the biggest smile I have ever seen across his face.

“I’m guessing things with Meg went well.”

“Extremely. We had such a fun time. We went to Donato’s for pizza, then we went out to Frankie’s Fun Park and rode Go-Karts and played putt-putt. I did the whole cliché win-your-date-a-teddy-bear-with-arcade-tickets thing, and then we just sat around and talked for a while. It was really fun.”

“Good, I’m glad Alex. Megan needs a good guy. Just, try to be him, ok?” I said, poking my tongue out at Alex and laughing.

He stuck his tongue back out at me, and before we even knew what was happening, he had knocked me down and we were wrestling in the floor. How come these guys liked to treat me like a guy? I was a girl, hello.

“Jack, help me!” I laughed, and not only did Jack come over, but Zack and Rian too. They just formed another dog pile on me. Wonderful, but hey, I loved them. What was I going to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
filler chapter. next one up soon =]