Sequel: Sing Me To Sleep

Happiness and Heartbreak

Chapter 24

“I missed spending time with you.” Jack said in the car, slowly tracing circles on the back of my hand.

“I missed spending time with you too.” I replied, trying my hardest to keep my eyes on the road since I chose to drive.

Unfortunately, it was becoming harder and harder for the guys from All Time Low to be able to be in public without getting recognized by teenagers. Especially teenage girls. When we arrived at Pomodoro’s, three girls walked to the booth that Jack and I were sitting in.

“Umm, aren’t you the guitarist for All Time Low?” One asked, obviously nervous.

“No, but I get that a lot.” Jack said.

“Oh, well, o..k.” The same girl answered, leaving.

“Wait, yes I’m Jack Barakat. I was just kidding.” Jack said, obviously feeling bad that she didn’t realize he was being sarcastic.

“Oh, haha. That’s so awesome. Is this your girlfriend?” She asked, her two friends still not talking.

“Why yes, this is my lovely girlfriend Catie.”

“Hi,” I said, smiling at her, “So what’s your name?”

“I’m Amber, and my two friends are Cary and Autumn. They don’t really listen to you guys, but I love your music.”

“Well here, do you want me to take a picture for you?” I asked, seeing that the girl had a camera with her.

“That would be amazing. I mean, I hope we aren’t interrupting your dinner or anything. You don’t have to.”

“No, it’s fine.” Jack answered, standing up to place his arm around her for a picture.

“Ok, one…two…three!” I said, snapping the picture.

“Thanks so much!” Amber said, taking her camera and looking at the picture, “We’ll just leave you two to your dinner now. It was so awesome meeting you.”

“Bye Amber.” Jack and I said, as she and her two silent friends left.

“I’m so amazed that people actually recognize me. If you had told me my freshmen year of high school that I would be touring, getting ready to release a third cd with my beset friends ever and still with me best friend’s sister, I would have never believed you.”

“Believe it Jack. You’ve become an inspiration to kids everywhere.”

“Come on, let’s finish eating and get out of here,” Jack said, reaching for my hands across the table, “ I’m ready to shop!”

“You’re such a girl, Jack.” I laughed.

“Oh yeah, well you’re such a girl too.” Jack answered sticking out his tongue.

“What a great comeback…” I laughed, hugging Jack.

“Shut up…” Jack muttered, grabbing my hand and smiling.

“Hey babe,” he crooned, we were currently in a music store, “Can I skip rent this month?”

“Why, Jack? I can probably pay all of it myself, but why?”

“I really want this guitar, like I would kill someone to have it.”

“Ok, Jack. Just know that you’re paying all of it next month.”

“Ok!” He screamed, hugging me tightly.

I laughed, watching Jack stare at the guitar. He looked like a child on Christmas morning. He said that he would get it the next morning, and we continued out of the store. After walking around for a while longer, we went back to the car and made our way back to the guys. When we got there, no one was inside. There was, however, a bouquet of calla lilies, my favorite flowers, and a bottle of white wine.

“Surprise.” Jack smiled, taking me in his arms and kissing me.

“Wow, what’s this for?”

“Just a way of saying thank you for being with me and taking me back, and making my life happy, perfect, and worth living again.”

“Aww,” I said, looking up at him, “That’s so sweet.”

“I try.”

We sat down in the living room and Jack poured the wine. I went to go get a blanket from upstairs, and when I returned there was a Tiffany Blue jewelry box sitting on the table.

“Jack…” I said, smiling.

“I got this as a, a promise, that I will never do anything to hurt you ever again.”

I carefully undid the blue bow, and pulled the lid off of the small box. Inside was a smaller, blue jewelry box and contained inside of that was a ring with a blue stone and two small diamonds on each side. Inscribed on the band was “Forever this time, I Promise”.

I looked at Jack with tears in my eyes and realized that he was on one knee.

“Catie, will you marry me, again?”

I laughed slightly and wiped a tear out of my eye. I nodded my head and Jack breathed a sigh of relief.

“I will, but not right now.” I said, still staring at Jack.

“Huh?”

“I will, but not right now. I want to think about it. I mean, I love you to death Jack and I’m overlooking the fact that you cheated on me and broke up with me already, but I really want to wait a while. You said that you weren’t ready for a truly committed relationship before, and I want to be sure that you’re not going to change your mind again.”

“Catie, you know that I lo-”

“I know, Jack. And I’m not saying no. I’m saying yes, but not now. Maybe next year, hell, maybe this winter for all I know. Just, give me time.”

He shook his head in understanding and pulled me down into his lap, sliding the ring onto my finger. He buried his head into my neck and kissed me, and that’s how we spent the night until the boys arrived back home at eleven.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY =] I made a happy chapter to make up for not updating in a while.