Status: Hiatus

Hide-and-Seek

Chapter 1

"Wait. I think she's waking up."

"That's ridiculous. It's only been... Oh no, I think you're right. Doctor! Doctor! Get in here! She's waking up!"

"But it hasn't... Oh my God, I think she is... Hurry, turn off the lights! Her eyes won't be able to adjust to the brightness so quickly."

"Ughh," I groaned and tried to rub my eyes, but my hands wouldn't budge from where they were. I tried again. Something was holding them. My eye lids felt heavy, and it was hard to just squint them. After a few minutes of trying, they finally opened a little, but everything was blurry. I couldn't see. I panicked. "I can't see. Where am I? Who are you people?" My tears stung my eyes like lemon juice, and it made me want to cry more. "What's wrong with me!?" I demanded.

"Shhh. Calm down." A hand grabbed onto my upper arm and I tried to shake it off, but failed. I felt so pathetic.

"Can you open your eyes anymore?" A female voice asked.

"No I can't fucking open my eyes anymore! What did you people do to me?"

"You need to calm down-"

I was furious now. "I need to calm down? I can't open my eyes, I can't move my arms or legs, I don't even know where I am, and you're telling me to calm down? Who are you!?"

"If you would just-"

I felt a quick pinch in my neck, and then everything went black.

2 years later

Shit, I thought to myself, I'm out of bullets. Where the fuck is Sean when I actually need him?

"Mia! You can't hide from us forever."

I can still run.

"...and running will only last for so long."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Finally, I smiled.

"Are you okay?" Sean's voice came through the messaging system staticky.

"No I'm not okay! I'm out of bullets, that damn bitch is within seeing distance, and she has some insane new plasma gun ...or maybe it's more like a high-tech taser. Whatever! I'm screwed, Sean."

"No you're not. I'm on my way."

Beep. Beep. Be-

Oh, shut the hell up.

"Mia, sweety, why don't you just give up now? You know, make it easier on yourself? All this running must be getting annoying. I don't mind the chasing, of course. I'm only thinking of you when I say you should just surrender yourself and SUBJECT 3507."

She was so close I could hear her breathing.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are..." she whispered.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Look to your left."

Beep. Bee-

Sean was smiling at me behind a large boulder; my last hiding place.

I looked around for the Tracker. She had her back to me. Now!, I thought to myself.

I made one quick, long summersault to where Sean was. He wrapped his arms around me as soon as I got near him. I closed my eyes, counted to three then took a deep breath in.

Dust flew around me as I dropped onto the wooden floors in Sean's basement. "I still suck at that!" My voice came sounded groggy from not talking for so long.

"At least you didn't break your arm like the first time," Sean replied as he pulled out a chair and turned his computer on.

I cleared my throat and got off of the floor. "Yeah well, you didn't exactly tell me what to do Mr. Nelson."

"Stop calling me that, and I didn't really have time to explain what I was doing; you would have thought I was crazy."

"I would have thought you were crazy either way," I rolled my eyes and leaned over his shoulder to see what was up with the security system. "Did they hack into it...?"

He ran a hand threw his hair, and I noticed I would have to cut it soon. "I don't know. Maybe? Shit!"

"Chill. Let me look at it."

He got out of the chair and I sat down in it and started going through files. "What was your pin number?"

"I can't tell you that-"

"Nelson, tell me the damn pin number."

"3507."

I spun around in the chair and slapped him hard on the arm. "You idiot!"

"Hey! Why am I an idiot? I saved your ass from the Tracker! Be nice."

"You wouldn't have had to if you didn't make your pin number the tag number they gave you! Gah!"

"Shit, dude. I didn't even realize that."

"Obviously. Christ, Sean."

"I'm sorry, Mia."

"It's all good. I changed the main password to UKST47p3. Can you remember that?" I turned my head to look at Sean. When he nodded his head yes I focused back on the computer. "Good. The pin number is now 1584 and I put an extra security code on it which is Nelson182. Got it?"

"Alright, yeah. I got it."

I sighed in relief and pushed myself away from the computer desk. "I'm going to bed."

"Alright. Night," he looked at his watch, "er, morning."

Too tired to roll my eyes I got up from the chair and hauled myself up the basement stairs and into my bed room.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh, sorry if it's confusing.
feedback please (:
good or bad