Status: Hiatus

Hide-and-Seek

Chapter 3

Tracker’s P.O.V.

"Mia! You can't hide from us forever."

I’m really getting sick of all this chasing, I thought, if only we had be prepared for behavior such as this, like Doctor Crawford had warned us to!

I checked my plasma gun. All ready. Now where the hell is the little bitch? I kneeled down and checked behind a boulder that I could have sworn I saw a shadow behind.

No Mia. “Damn it.” I muttered. Of course, SUBJECT # 3508 would be difficult to find. She’s designed for stealth. I mentally slapped myself again for not preparing the lab for an escape.

"Mia, sweety, why don't you just give up now? You know, make it easier on yourself? All this running must be getting annoying. I don't mind the chasing, of course. I'm only thinking of you when I say you should just surrender yourself and SUBJECT 3507."

Then again, it’s not like SUBJECT # 3507 is any easier to catch. In fact, he’s probably going to be the most difficult to hunt down…

I snapped my head to the right. MIA!

She rolled over behind a rock only five feet away from me. I jumped up into the air, and shot in her direction. When I stood up, and was behind the rock, she wasn’t there. Had I imagined her? No; of course not. The Teleporter just got to her first.

“God damn it!” I screamed. “I was so close!”

I sighed in frustration and pulled out my phone. “Hello? No I didn’t get her! The Teleporter got to her first,” I yelled into the phone, “I know I should have listened to you. Yeah, yeah... especially after SUBJECT # 3507. Oh, shut the hell up you smart ass bastard.”

I shut my phone and made my way back to the lab.

Mia’s P.O.V.

When I woke up Sean was laying on his cot with his eyes open and hands resting on his chest. “Hey,” I said groggily and smiled at him.

It took him a while to respond. At first I didn’t even think he heard me at all. “I have so many questions,” He said it as if he was talking to himself. Maybe he was.

“Why us? Are there any others? Are they working with the government? No… if they were we would have been caught by now. How do they pick people? Is it random or have they been watching us for a long time?”

The thought of people watching me my whole life sent shivers down my spine.

“What did they do to me to make me able to teleport? I mean, they most likely gave you massive steroids so you can move insanely quick and they probably wrote computer scripts into the chip they put into my head,” he continued while he touched the scar on the back of him neck. “Sometimes I’m half tempted to turn myself in just so I can have the answers.”

That worried me a little.

“I would never do that though, Mia. Ever. Don’t worry,” he was now sitting at the end of my bed looking at me.

“I know,” I gave him a reassuring smile.

“We’re running a little low on food. I’m going to go into town to get some more. Are you going to stay here?”

“Yeah. I’m still a little worn out from yesterday.”

“Alright. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

“Be safe.”

“You too.”

Then he was gone.

There’s a little town about an hour or so away from here so Sean can teleport a little more than halfway there then he has to walk the rest of the way. Now you’re probably wondering why we don’t just leave and start over, right? Well Sean did try that before I was here. Turns out it’s safer being here, close to the Tracker than being 1,000 miles away. It gives us too much exposure being in civilization. See, the lab has everyone thinking that they are a psyche unit so all they have to do is tell the authorities that one of their patients is missing and it doesn’t take long for them to find you.

Now on to the money matter. Ironically enough, when Sean found this there was a bunch of suitcases full of money. He also found some journals. After reading them he discovered that this once a base that some high and mighty mafia used to hide out in. We are to assume that one of their enemies or whatever attacked them and there was either a lot more suitcases and not enough men to carry them or they just didn’t bother to search the place.

I’m honestly surprised that no one has found us here. I do have to admit that it’s pretty camouflaged but if you looked hard enough it’s not all that hard to find. I guess it’s true that obvious things are less likely to be discovered.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it was so short. I've lost the paper that had all my ideas on it and I have terrible memory. Blah :/