Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Dinner With The Jonases

“Damien’s excited that you guys want to meet him,” Katherine squealed, as she walked with her family to the five star restaurant. “He’s absolutely stoked! You’re going to love him – I can tell!”

She was walking besides her brothers with Nick on her right and Joe and Kevin on her left. Frankie was in front, skipping and hopping like a hyperactive seven-year-old and their parents were trailing behind, talking in low voices.

“As long as you really like this guy, Kat,” Nick smiled.

“And that mom and dad approves,” Joe added.

Katherine shrugged. “I think they’ll like him,” she said confidently. “He’s such a gentleman and he loves me for who I am. And he’s really cute too!” she added.

They entered the fancy restaurant as a blond haired guy dressed in black pants and a dark coloured pin-striped shirt, stood straight up and waved at Katherine. Katherine immediately smiled and waved back at him as she quickly walked over to the table where Damien was. Her family followed suit.

Katherine gave a quick kiss to Damien and turned around to her family, smiling. “Family, this is Damien,” she introduced. She turned back to Damien. “Damien, this is my family.”

After the quick introduction, everyone said hi to each other and seated themselves around the table. Katherine ended up sitting between Damien and Joe and found herself looking at her parents from across the table.

“Joe, would you like to say grace?” Denise asked, as the plates of food were placed down on the table.

Joe nodded as everyone linked hands and lowered their heads. “Dear Lord, may all those here today see what is truly in front of their eyes and be careful with whatever they are dealing with. Allow us to be grateful for what we already have, and to know when enough is enough. Bless this food we are about to receive, father in heaven, we thank-you. Amen.”

“Amen.”

“Deep, Joe,” Katherine commented quietly on Joe’s pray as everyone started digging into the food in the middle. “Real deep.”

“So Damien, what do you do for a living?” Paul said loudly.

Joe shrugged, keeping his voice on the same whisper as Katherine did. “I’m glad you understand what I’m trying to say to you then,” he said bitterly in his sister’s ear.

Katherine’s eyes sharpened, as a slight confusion came over her. “What’s that suppose to mean?” she demanded.

“Nothing,” Damien answered. “I’m taking a break from college this year, but next year I’m planning to start college.”

“What college do you plan to attend, Damien?” Denise asked.

He shrugged, cluelessly. “I’m not too sure,” he said. “My parents would love it if I made it into Yale, but personally, I would like to attend Lynchburg College in Virgina.”

“What Joe is trying to say is that he’s happy for you and Damien,” Kevin quickly interjected.

“Uh-huh,” Katherine nodded, unconvinced. “And?” Her conversation with her brothers were still in whispers.

“Why do you want to attend Lynchburg?” Denise asked, confused.

“I’ve always wanted to live in Virgina,” he stated.

“And what major would you want to take in Lynchburg?” Paul asked.

“Business and ecnomics,” Damien responded. “Actually, I’m deciding between Accounting and Environmental Studies.”

Kevin hesitated. “Look, Kat, just be careful, ok?” he said quietly. “Just remember the pledge you made to God and to yourself, and most importantly, just remember who you are.”

Katherine could feel her fist bunching up. She wanted to punch her brother for assuming she was a slut and that she’d plan to break her vow with Damien. But she knew it wouldn’t do any good for her fist, since it was still recovering from her last swing at the fanatic.

“Well, then,” Katherine snapped, voice raised. “If you think I’m that kind of person that I’m going to leave with Damien,” she said, getting up.

“Oh, because he ‘wants you so bad’?” Joe quoted, angrily and just as loud, standing up.

“Joe!” Denise said reprimandly. “Don’t speak to your sister like tha-”

Katherine’s jaw imediately dropped and interfered her mother. “How do you know that?” But Katherine already knew the answer. He must have went through her phone when she wasn’t looking. “Look, it doesn’t matter anyway. And you know what?” she looked at her brothers who were all staring back at her. “I wish neither of you were my brothers. I hate you all!

“Katherine! How dare you say that to your brothers!” Denise scolded. “Where do you think you’re going young lady?”

“Away from you,” Katherine hissed. “I don’t want to be near any of you! I wish I was never related to any of you!”

Then she ran out of the restaurant as Damien quickly followed behind her, leaving her family in complete shock, and all of them were afraid of what was going to happen next.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone want to make us banners?
Or give us comments?
Please?