Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Brothers vs. Ex-Boyfriend

“What should I do, Nick?” Katherine glanced from between her phone and her younger brother.

Katherine had just received a text from Damien, asking – more so, demanding, that she’d come to meet him.

“I don’t want to go by myself,” she whispered, a tear striking down her perfectly applied makeup.

“Well, I can come with you if you want…” Katherine glanced up at Nick, he was smiling – more like grimacing at his sister.

“I can get Joe to come with me if you want?”

Nick breathed a huge sigh of relief at Kat’s suggestion.

“Oh thank-you… ok… I’ll go get Joe.”

Nick’s stumbling and rushing towards the back of the tour bus caused Kat to chuckle. She knew deep down though that Joe was most probably the best person to have with her if she did confront Damien – he was the same age, same height, and most definitely a lot stronger.

“I don’t think I can do this.” Katherine’s hands began to shake as Joe pulled her down the small street of Rome.

“You can do this Kat… now get a move on… I am so hungry!” Kat smiled as she heard Joe’s stomach growl.

She was so incredibly thankful that he had agreed to come with her, although it didn’t take to much persuasion.

“There he is.” Kat turned around abruptly, as she spotted Damien leaning against a café bench. “There he is.” She repeated one more time, taking in all his features. He still looked incredibly good looking, his dirty blonde hair and masculine features stood out in particular today.

“Ok… so just go over there and tell him its over… alright?”

Kat nodded, Joe’s advice sounded so easy.

She stumbled over the pavement and glanced back at Joe, who grinned and gave her the thumbs up. Taking a huge breath of air, she puffed out her chest for confidence, and proceeded over towards the café.

“Damien.” She only needed to say his name once, when he turned around and eyed her suspiciously up and down, before glancing behind her slim figure.

“Brought back up did you?” He chuckled and chewed on his gum.

“You wanted to talk?” Kat ignored his arrogant comment and took a seat in front of Damien.

“I wanted to see whether or not you were coming back to the states with me?” He smirked, leaning on the back of the chair and staring intently at Kat.

“What?” Katherine choked on the her own breath. “You think I am coming back to the States with you? Are you insane?” Her voice was raised now, and she managed to gain the attention of on lookers.

“Come on baby – don’t be like that.” Damien moved around the table and placed a firm hand on the top of Kat’s arm. “Last night was a mistake… you know that baby…” He whispered and brought his face closer to Katherine, wincing she attempted to escape his grasp.

“Damien, NO!” Her arm was burning by now, and as she attempted yet again to pull away from Damien, a huge mass of body pummeled into Damien, causing him to go flying across the café table.

Joe, who’s hair was all over the place, picked himself up off the ground and lunged at Damien again, his fist connecting with Damien’s jaw. “Joe! Stop!” Katherine lunged at her brother, as a pile of innocent bystanders pulled out mobile phones, wanting to grab whatever they could of the of so famous superstars.

Joe’s fist continued to connect with what ever part of Damien’s body that he could hit. Joe wanted this guy to go to hell, even if Joe had to escort him there himself. “Joe! Damien!” Katherine’s squeals echoed above everything else, and as Joe glanced up to a moment to take in his distraught sister, Damien lunged at the chance, and threw a menacing punch right into Joe’s jaw – sending him to the ground.

“Joe. Joe. Joe.” Katherine scrambled to her brothers side and lifted his almost unconscious head onto her lap. His eyes shot open and he smirked at Kat, before jumping to his feet. They continued at this for minutes, before something happened to stop them both.

A fist, instead of colliding with the other man in the fight, collided with Katherine’s porcelain face. She grunted, as the pain surged through her. Whoever it was – she was going to kill them.

Not a moment later Joe was by her side, cradling the crying Katherine to his chest. Damien, in an attempt to make sure she was ok, laid a warm hand against her back. “Get off her man.” A bleeding Joe scolded the bruised Damien.

“Come on… lets go.”

The walk back to the bus was a long way. Katherine couldn’t help but laugh. “What are you laughing at?” Joe groaned, holding the bag of ice to his head that the waiter kindly gave to himself and his sister.

“You should see you face… your eye is bruised, your lip is busted… and boy your hair looks like a mess.” Katherine smiled and then grimaced as the reminder of her bruise set in.

“Hardy-Har-Har.” Joe smirked, “I did it all for you… and besides- Damien looked way worse.”

“What the hell happened to you to!?” Kevin’s voice echoed through both their heads as the stepped onto the Jonas bus.

“Joe was attempting to defend my honor.” Kat smirked and wondered over to the spare seat next to Nick.

“Trust me – Damien was way worse off…”

“Why don’t I believe you?” Nick spoke up this time, whilst inspecting the impact of a males fist and her face.

“He so was… besides I throw way better punches then you, frobro.” Joe plonked onto the couch opposite Kat and Nick.

“If I had taken Nick… I probably wouldn’t have come back with this on my face.” Katherine lifted the ice from her cheek bone and eye, causing Kevin to wince.

“Pfft… yea well…” He paused for a moment whilst attempting to think of a good comeback.

“You’ve got nothing, Joe.” Nick interjected, causing them all to laugh – before Joe groaned in pain, served him right, even if he were protecting his sisters honor.

“So you two are over now?” Kevin pondered whilst reaching for a soda from the fridge.

“I’m pretty sure we are over Kev.” Kat replied, sadness evident within her voice.

It hurt her to break up with him the way they did, and she was pretty sure that she did love him with all of her heart – and now, it was all in pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, anyone? Please?