Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Fan Meeting

Katherine stepped out into the dark night, walking extremely close to the man, who explained to Katherine that if she’d tried to escape, or try anything funny, she would get shot instantly. He showed his face to her surprisingly though. He had a moustache and dark hair with dark coloured eyes.

“Do you understand?”

Katherine nodded. “Yes.”

“You’re a clever girl.”

Katherine concentrated hard on his voice as he spoke. It didn’t sound familiar at all. His voice was deep and crackled from smoking too much.

Katherine looked down at the ground, as they walked down the street. Because of her lack of curves and new hair, she looked like a boy now.

She wanted to run up to a pedestrian and beg for help, but she with that, she wouldn’t get far. She wanted to mimic ‘help’ to the pedestrians but all of them seemed too busy to even notice her. No pedestrians would question them because the pair looked like father and son.

“Who are you?”

The man grinned. “You’ll see.”

“Where are we going?” Katherine asked.

“Oh, we’re just going to give your brothers a visit,” he answered. “But don’t get excited, because when we do get there, not a noise is to be heard from you, understand?”

Katherine frowned. Thinking that it might have been her chance to get to her brothers and tell them that she was right in front of them, crashed her chance down to zero.

The man chuckled. “They probably won’t even realize you with your new look. Pity, isn’t it?”

[Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall]

“C’mon, boys, you have to go to this fan meeting,” Mrs Jonas’s said quietly, walking into the room where her sons were sitting on the couch. They were on the bus. They were still in Italy, hoping that their kidnapped sister was around the area.

Kevin raised his head and looked up at his mother. Just like the others, everyone else in the family, her eyes were red from crying.

“Your fans are counting on you,” she said.

“I don’t want to go,” Nick snapped.

“Maybe you need this,” she suggested.

She waited for her sons to reply, but they continued to stare down at their laps.

“Look, you haven’t been out in a while, ok?” she continued. “You don’t have to stay for long but just go there. The police are working hard on finding Katherine, but while they do that, we all need something to get Katherine off our minds for a change.”

“Yeah, alright,” Kevin nodded. “We’ll go.”

“But we’re not staying for long,” Joe added.

Kevin, Joe and Nick stood up from the couch, heads down as they dragged themselves outside to the SVU. They piled in and sat in silence. No one spoke for the forty minute ride. They were all too worried about Katherine, with one question on their minds. Would the police be able to find her? No, more like, was she even alive?

Another twenty minutes later, loud chattering and screaming from over-excited teenagers filled the large room, where three boys up the front of the room, sat behind a long table, signing as many autographs as they could.

Some fans were considerate about their missing sister, and wished them for the best that they’d fine Katherine as soon as possible, and that she was still alive. Others just screamed and cried when they got to meet them.

Nick looked around, wondering how many more fans were going to run up to them, scream and demand for hugs. It had felt like a never-ending night of fanatics, and all he wanted to do was to get out of there and go back to the bus.

Nick stared straight ahead, and caught one of the fan’s eyes. It looked like a boy. Not many males turned up here, but if there were any, they’d be here for Katherine.

Nick studied the eye again. It was blue – a familiar looking blue, but it didn’t trigger anything. He noticed that when he caught the person’s eyes, the person lit up in excitement. Suddenly the blue pair of eyes looked very familiar to Joe Jonas.

“Kevin, Joe,” he said, turning to his brothers.

“Yep?”

“What’s up, little bro?”

“Look over…” When Nick raised his head up again, the blue pair of eyes he caught weren’t there anymore. It had disappeared into the crowd like it was lost forever.

“Look where?” Joe asked.

Nick turned to his brother. “Did you see that boy? Short dark brown hair like Katherine’s – the exact shade.”

Joe nodded. “Yeah…” he said slowly, digesting the information on what Nick was leading up to. “The hair and eyes definitely looked familiar for a split second.”

Nick hit himself on the head. Didn’t Joe understand?

“Nick, are you saying…” Joe paused. “Are you saying that, that person – the blue eyed one was…?”

Nick nodded, and grinned in hope. “Yep, I think it might have been Katherine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, there is hope! :D
This story is almost done.
Comment :)