Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Epilogue

Life is like a game of baseball. You get thrown curve balls all the time, and often enough you strike out, leaving you with the weight on the world upon your shoulders. Then, on the rare occasion, you manage to hit a home run. Katherine stared absentmindedly at her lap where he laced fingers laid. What if this was the wrong thing to do?

“You don’t have to do this Kat.” Nick took his sister’s hand within his own, and Kat slowly glanced up towards her younger brother. He had a soft smile planted upon his face.

“I know…” She whispered softly, “But I want to.”

“Why though?” Joe spoke up this time, annoyance evident within his tone. Kat turned towards the back seat, where Joe and Kevin sat.

“Cause I need to see him Joe…” She replied simply.

“No. You don’t.”

“Joseph, this is something your sister has to do… now respect her decision or leave.” Kat smiled at her father, and listening to Joe grumble in return. “You ready?” Her father’s question caught her off guard and Kat glanced up, realizing that had made it to their destination already.

Katherine’s breathing hitched and as she glanced back at her brothers for reassurance, she realized she could do this.

As soon as her navy blue converse hit the pavement, the paparazzi swarmed. The news about Katherine and her state penitentiary visit was headlining, but surprisingly, it was accepted for her fans.

“Katherine! Katherine how are you feeling?”

“What are you going to say to him?”

“Katherine, how are you feeling right now?”

Paul’s gently pushed her daughter through the crowd further, the guard opened the door for the pair, and as silence over came them, and she began to feel nervous. “Are you ready?” Her father asked, and placed a reassuring hand upon her back. Kat nodded slowly and made her way through the double doors in front of her.

This was another curve ball. And it was heading straight towards Kat at a million miles per hour.

“Take a seat.” Paul pulled the chair out and Katherine gratefully accepted, already feeling as if her legs were about to give way beneath her.

And then it happened.

She glanced up towards the see-through screen in front of her, and watched the figure wonder towards her. Her heart rate increased dramatically. She hadn’t seen him since the day she escaped. He looked warn out and tired.

Time slowed as he entered the room, his eyes searing straight into Katherine. She froze, not even knowing where to begin. He moved closer and took a seat next opposite her – staring directly into her eyes the whole time.

“It’s good to see you.” His voice was husky, and somewhat lower then she remembered.

“I wish I could say the same.” Katherine replied, chuckling softly and glancing down at her lap for a moment.

“You wanted to talk?” He persisted, as if eager to leave this awkward situation.

“Ah yea, I needed to tell you something.” Katherine leaned forward slightly, and stared at the slouching man in front of her.

“What is it that you wanted to say?” He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms tightly against his chest.

“I wanted to thank you Damien, thank you for everything.”

He raised his head slightly higher, and looked at Katherine straight in the eye. “For everything?” he said, slightly surprised.

Katherine nodded. “For everything,” she assured. She took in a deep breath before speaking again. “Damien, what ever happened – I understand. It happened for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.”

Damien didn’t say anything. He kept his mouth shut.

“So I came here to thank you,” she continued. “You put me through for a reason, and whatever that reason was it showed me what life really was. I know it sounds crazy but if you didn’t put me through this, then maybe my fans would still hate me ‘til this very day.”

Damien looked at the girl as if she was crazy. “Are you saying that you’re happy that I kidnapped you? And even tortured you? Listen to yourself, Kat! Yourself, Katherine! You sound crazy! Aren’t you traumatized?”

Katherine chuckled at the man’s comments. “I know,” she said. “And yes, I won’t ever forget what you did to me. And to your last question, yes, I was traumatized. I was at first when I managed to escape with the help of Cassie, but now I’ve gotten over it. I’ve realized there is so much more to life then what everyone else portrays it as.”

“H-how’s Cassie doing?” Damien asked.

“She’s doing great,” she answered. “I visited her on the weekend, and she’s living with your relatives north. She’s happy there, but she wishes you were there with her.”

“She’s better off with them than me anyway.”

“Don’t be too hard on yourself,” she hushed. “Especially not when you’re in here.”

Damien smirked remembering the Kat he knew when he met her for the first time. She was so modest, and sweet, and ‘til this very day, she was exactly like that.

“What are you smiling at?” Katherine asked, grinning slightly.

“I won’t ever forget you. Not after what I dared myself to put you through.”

“Well, I hope this just clears everything up for us,” she hoped, as she got up from the seat. “Maybe I’ll see you again, some day soon.”

He shook his head. “I doubt it,” he said. “I’ll be in here for a very long time.”

Katherine smiled warmly at him. “You’ll never know. Maybe if you’re good they’ll let you out on parole,” she suggested.

Damien shrugged. “I wouldn’t count on it.”

Katherine pushed the chair back underneath the table then walked over to Damien’s side. She leaned down and planted a light kiss on his cheek. She took a step back, looking at a shocked Damien.

She turned her back to him and walked over to the jail cell. But just before she did, she turned around to say one last thing to him. “Goodbye, Damien.”

“Good luck, Katherine,” Damien said.

Katherine walked over to the door, where her father was waiting patiently. The pair left the jail, and piled into the car, where her brothers were all waiting for her.

“So how was it?” Joe demanded as soon as Kat opened the car door.

“Give her some space, Joe,” Kevin chuckled. “She’s not even in the car yet and you’re bombarding her with questions.”

Katherine laughed, sitting down on a spare seat. “Thanks, Kev,” she smiled.

“How was it?” Joe asked again.

Katherine leaned back into the seat and looked out the lightly tinted window. “Everything’s fine now,” she whispered softly. “It’s brilliant.”

“I guess we have no more worries now,” Nick joked.

Katherine raised an eyebrow at him.

“I mean, not huge problems,” he hastily added.

Katherine laughed. “Yeah” she agreed. “I guess this is what you guys would call it. What was it again?”

They looked at her in confusion.

“Oh that’s right,” she said grinning, like she had remembered something. “Living the dream.”

Laughter had erupted from the car, as Kevin, Joe and Nick couldn’t agree more with their sister. Yes, they were really living the dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND IT'S FINISHED!!

thank you so much to everyone who read this story, we're so greatful that you enjoyed reading this story very much!!

thank you to everyone who made us banners, commented, and subscribed!

we're writing our own stories for now, so maybe if you have time you'll be able to check out our stories (:

we'd like to thank some people: lady gaga, BreathBeforeTheKiss, nicolee. , believer; , pheeebz, Big.City.Dreams, Dancerbabe365, Princess Ariel. , Lancercrazy19, BellaBelle, Bones Jones, before the light;, ch33rali101, icamefromplanetmars, give love a try, JoBroGirl25, dark eyed dreamer; , you make me crazier. , WhiteHorse, sk8terluvr, and everyone else who got the story up to ten starts and over 100 subscribers

even though this is the last chapter, we'd still like you to comment and tell us your thoughts on this epilogue, which was written by both of us

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

P.S There is no need for a sequel! (: