Status: Finished.

Don’t Forget To Take A Breath Before You Fall

Radio Interview Time!

Image

Katherine leaned on her oldest brother’s shoulder as the vehicle drove down the highway, towards their destination. It was now six o’clock in the morning since the family had left the house. Now, they were on their way to their headline interview on Radio Disney with Ryan Seacrest.

The car came to a halt and Katherine looked out of the darkly tinted window at the humungous building that stood in front of her. On the very top of the building it read, Radio Disney with the infamous Mickey Mouse ears next to it.

“We’re here,” Kevin chirped happily, as he stepped out of the car.

Katherine dragged her body across the leather car seat, and looked out of the door before she stepped out. The street was empty besides a couple of random pedestrians walking pass by and two security guards out the front of the building.

Kevin helped his sister out of the car, and as soon Katherine’s shoe touched the pavement, hundreds of paparazzi started running towards them with journalist and cameramen.

Katherine cursed under her breath as her and her brothers ran into the building. “Where did they come from?”

“Across the street,” Joe answered.

Katherine was about to say something back to her brother, but another voice had taken over her from behind.

“Hey, guys!” Ryan Seacrest smiled at them, arms open. “You’re just in time for the interview – actually I just got here myself. Well, the radio program doesn’t start until the afternoon so you’re okay with not being on air, right?”

“Of course,” Nick nodded.

The four of them followed Ryan into the interview room and as soon as the four of them sat down on the chairs, and cameras and microphones immediately switched on and Ryan started asking questions.

“Kevin, Joe and Nick,” he addressed. “Are you happy that your sister is coming along with you on your World Tour? And that she’s the opening act for you guys?”

“Of course,” Kevin answered. “A lot of people under estimate our sister, thinking that she can’t sing but Joe, Nick and I think she’s a wonderful singer, so she deserves to come on tour with us.”

Ryan nodded then turned to Katherine, and immediately, Katherine felt like her stomach was caught up in her throat. She slightly lowered her head, avoiding eye contact.

“Katherine,” he started. “With all the hate from your brothers’ fans, do you wish they’d just leave you alone?”

Of course she wanted them to leave her alone – what kind of question is that?! But there was definitely no way she was going to say that out aloud.

“Uh…” she managed to get out.

“So you do?” Ryan pushed.

“Of course I want them to,” she managed to get out. “Who would want three million people hating them? It’s awful.”

“Are you jealous of your brothers?”

“Definitely not,” she snapped.

“Why do you think you’re hated so much?”

Why? Why? Oh, she bloody knew why they hated her so much.

They all thought she was trying to steal her brothers’ fame.
They all thought she couldn’t sing.
They all thought she was fake.

Katherine opened her mouth and spat out two words that her whole life had been revolving around since she stepped into the music industry.

“No comment.”

And those were the two words that said nothing about her,
Two words that gave her liberty.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner by Mackie.

Comments?? Thank you.