Spirited Away

Portion Nine

“Meet Mr. and Mrs. Davidson,” Nurse Carter introduced us.

“Oh forget about all that Mr. and Mrs. Nonsense, I’m Danielle, your new mummy.”

“And I’m George, your new father,” the man smiled at me.

“Hi, it’s great to meet your,” I said nervously.

“Oh here, darling take Erins bags,” Danielle pushed her husband through the door.

“Oh no! That’s okay, I can take them,” I shook my head as he went to grab my suitcase.

“Nonsense dear, you’ll have plenty of time to make it up to me,” he chuckled.

Nurse Carter cleared her throat; clearly she had better things to do, “All you need to do is sign some paper work and you can be on your way,” she said with a falsely cheery voice.

“Oh well lets hop to it, your going to love your new home Erin,” My new mother said.

“Yes, we’ve already gotten your room ready.”

“That’s great,” I smiled.

“Should we get to it then?”

They nodded and Nurse Carter led us into her office.

There weren’t enough chairs so I was left to lean against the door. As I stood I thought about what my new home would be like. And then it struck me that this might be the very last time I stepped foot inside Nurse Carter’s office, or any of the Nurses office’s.

“Well, I guess that’s that,” Nurse Carter, said with a satisfactory smile on her face. Was it just me, or did Nurse Carter seems happy to get rid of me?

It was almost ten minutes before the papers were signed, (there were only two) my new folks wouldn’t shut up. They seemed the happy bubbly type, just the type of people who would be expected to adopt of they couldn’t have children of their own, or even if they could.
I heard a lot of people don’t adopt because of superstition, like the kids may have inherited something evil from their parents. I saw a movie about an evil kid like that once. It was an old black and white movie. It changed the way I thought about having kids and of course black and white movies.

“Alright,” Nurse Carter sighed, “that’s everything.”

“Oh, how lovely,” Danielle clapped her hands together.

We headed outside. George took my suitcase and bag to their car and Danielle stood talking to Nurse Carter. I tunred and took one last look at my home, my use-to-be home. The others would still be having lunch, I wished I could see them one last time before they went. I promised myself that I would come visit them, not matter what.

“Come one dear,” George called to me, “it’s time we got moving. I want to miss the afternoon rush.”

I nodded and walked over,” Do you live far away?” I asked as I got into the backseat of the car.”

“Not too far dear, but there are a lot of traffic lights,” George answered.

“Oh, okay,” I smiled.

“Listen, Erin. I would really appreciate it if you would call Danielle and myself by mum and dad. I know you only just met us but Dani is really excited to be a new mum.”

“Oh, right I understand. Of course, dad.”

He smiled.

This mum and dad thing was going to take some getting use to but in order to make my new parents happy; I was going to work at it.

Danielle finished talking and jumped in the car too, then we were off. It felt good to finally leave, even though I’d miss the place.

I took one last look at the orphanage as the car speed off towards my new home.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's holidays now so I'll be updating more often. I'm writing the next chapter now so expect it up by at least tomorrow. My sis says she wants to focus on her homework so I'll be getting the computer a lot more often :P
Thanks for reading