Spirited Away

Portion Five

The next morning was a sad morning (not because anything in particular happened that was sad) because it was a rainy day. Rainy days were probably the most boring days of our lives, we couldn’t go out side, we couldn’t open any windows, we couldn’t make any noise inside which made everything that we could possibly do on a rainy day virtually impossible.

I sat near my window watching the rain poor down and the droplets stay stuck there. There was lightning, probably the only good thing bout rainy days. I loved to watch it when it lit up the whole sky and hear the screams of the little kids when the thunder sounded. I would laugh ever time, mind you I used to be exactly like that, but I grew out of it, just like I do with almost everything, which is what made the little kids scream so amusing. When they were older they’d laugh at their counterparts to.

I sighed, and then when nothing happened, I sighed again. I wasn’t sire why; maybe a sigh could magically make something happen, like you were so depressed that if someone saw they couldn’t leave you like that. But nothing did happen, so I decided to make something happen myself. If I didn’t do something quick I might die from boredom and I was really to bored to let that happen.

I left my room and walked down the hall to se little Billy Bobby, after all I had assisted in the cleaning up of his vomit, so I may as well see if he was feeling any better.

With two quick taps I knocked on the door. When no one answered I knocked again. Maybe he was asleep. I decided on going in anyway, I could still see how he was. But when I went to turn the knob I realized that turn it would not. Little Billy Bobby’s door was locked, but why? Little Billy Bobby was too short to reach the doorknob so he couldn’t very well lock it. Which meant that someone else must have done it for him and clearly that person wasn’t in the room right now, which meant that someone had in fact locked little Billy Bobby in side his room, like a prisoner. Was someone holding Billy hostage? No wait… of course not, don’t be silly Erin. Little Billy Bobby was sick and that was all. The nurses probably locked his door so that no one could get inside and catch whatever it was he had.

I let go of the doorknob and started to walk away, but the funny feeling that there was something not quite right followed me down the hall. I tried to shake of the feeling but it wouldn’t budge. Could little Billy Bobby be that sick?

I followed the corridor until I reached Janella’s room. I didn’t bother to knock Janella had become like sister to me and her room had become like a second room to me.

When I entered her room I saw straight away Sheldon sitting on the bed. “Hey!” I called out.

Sheldon lofted his head, almost as if he was asleep and wasn’t quite in his right mind.

“Hey, Erin!” Janella said, “come sit with me. I think Sheldon’s resting,” she giggled.

I walked over to the window where Janella sat with her head against the wall. I could feel the cold coming off of the window. I sat down and crossed my legs leaning against the bed.

Sheldon let out a disgruntled snore and we both broke out in to laughter, “Why is he sleeping in your room?” I asked, “And why is he sitting?”

Janella calmed down from laughing so hard and looked at Sheldon,
“He said his room was too cold. And look at that face, how could you say no?”

I looked at Sheldon, there was a line of drool rolling down his chin. Very easily I should think. I laughed.

“What?” Janella lightly punched me.

“When do you plan on telling him?” I asked.

The smile was wiped of Janella’s face immediately, “What do you mean? Tell him what? I don’t have anything to tell him?”

“Janella.” I persisted.

The bedroom door swung open to reveal Dax, Elwood and Blossom. I sighed then, knowing that I couldn’t continue with the conversation whit everyone close enough to listen in.

I hadn’t known Janella for very long but I knew enough about her to know when she liked someone and who that someone happened to be. Okay, so you may think it’s childish of me to be jumping up and down at the fact that she likes someone. And you also might think that it’s kind of mean for me to be trying to get Janella to tell Sheldon about her secret crush for him but I was trying to do her a favour. Okay so if he didn’t like her, their friendship could always go down the drain, but I was willing to suffer the consequences and fill up and awkward silences that came their way. Most of which I would probably be in the middle of, but think about what would happen if he did like her. It would be so cool, yeah I know childish again. Besides I could tell that every minute of everyday Janella was busting her butt to tell Sheldon the truth, she just needed little push to go all the way and I was there to give her that push. If you don’t try you’ll know and that’s something I couldn’t even live with and doesn’t even have anything to do with me. Imagine how Janella must be feeling.

“You who?” I saw a hand wave in front of my face and I shook my head.

“Huh? Yeah?” I looked around; everyone bar Sheldon was sitting in a semi circle around me giggling. I must have been thinking a little to obviously. I blushed, “Oh right, sorry.”

Dax laughed he had been the one waving his hand in front f my face. He my have been the eldest out of us but he was defiantly the most immature, remember yesterday when he splashed Blossom and I with that puddle. Ah memories, they always make me feel better.

“You were sitting there for almost five minutes just looking out the window, you weren’t even moving. We thought Janella had put you under a trance or something,” Dax told me sitting on his feet.

I laughed, “I was just thinking.” I changed my seating position.

“Oh yeah? About what?” Blossom asked.

Oh just about Janella liking Sheldon, “Nothing really.”

“Ah come on, tell us,” Dax urged.

I opened my mouth to say something but the bell for lunch took my words away. I was about to say I was hungry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long to update I've had like a ton of homework.

Oh and if you happen to read one of my other stories I'll try and get a chapter up b tomorrow.

Thanks for reading
=)