Status: Indefinite hiatus.

Goodbye Blues

Twenty Two.

Joy leaned back against her bed with a sigh as her eyes scanned the ceiling. She saw shapes in the jagged wall - a heart, a star, a tulip. As she mindlessly spent a few minutes picking out shapes, her eyelids slowly started to fall until they came to a close and she fell asleep.

____________________

Joy's eyes stared at the white door frame for a minute as she tried to comprehend the speech Brendon had given her. He had admitted to actually wanting her - whatever that meant. All Joy knew was that Brendon had some sort of feeling for her and she had feelings for him.

A groan escaped her lips as she stood up from the toilet and ran out. When her eyes saw the crowded hallway, a scowl formed on her lips. She looked back and forth for the familiar pale skin and dark hair of the handsome boy she was about to pour her heart out to.

She glanced towards the staircase just in time, watching his head disappear as he quickly stumbled down the steps. She called out his name again, squishing past people who shot her nasty looks until she was descending down the stairs herself.

Over the music, Brendon couldn't hear his name being shouted. He kept his head down, angry with himself for saying what he had to Joy, his feet shuffling to get outside. Joy followed, pushing past people pathetically.

Once both bodies were outside, Brendon's feet still guiding him towards the sidewalk, Joy stopped at the start of the driveway and called out, louder than before, "Brendon, stop!"

The boy stopped and turned around to see Joy, peeling off her heels as she kept a steady stare on him. He turned his body completely towards her, readying himself for whatever she was about to say, good or bad. Slowly, Joy made her way towards him, heels in her hand.

Directly in front of him, with his brown eyes looking down at her, she looked up at him and said softly, "I've always wanted you."

She didn't need a speech. The four words covered it all - the explanation of why she hooked up with Oliver, why she let him kiss her and what she wanted now between them. Brendon took in the look on her face, afraid maybe this was all joke. But when he noticed that the pink in her cheeks wasn't make up and her hazel eyes were looking at him nervously, a smile broke out on his face.

His body moved closer to her as his arms wrapped around her, letting his hands find themselves at home on the small of her back. He pushed her cold body against his warm one, leaving the rest of the embrace up to her.

With a small smile and crimson cheeks, Joy wrapped her arms around Brendon's neck, dropping her heels to the cement ground, letting her fingers tangle in his hair. She rested her cheek against his chest and closed her eyes, listening to heart beat for a moment.

She lifted her head to look up at his expression - the softest look in his eyes, a smile on his face which grew when their eyes met. For a moment, she could see hesitation pass through his expression before it drifted away and Brendon's lips pressed down on her softly.

She pushed her lips against his with equal force and they both smiled into the kiss.

_________________

"Joy, it's dinnertime," Donna's voice broke in. Monotoned and sad, it startled Joy, and she ripped her eyes open to the setting sun.

She looked away from her window towards the lady sitting next to her on the bed in confusion - until it all came back to her. And she nodded nostalgically.
♠ ♠ ♠
short and sweet, yeah?
haha.

it's summertime for mee!
:} meaning extra time to update.

i need a favor.
anyone wanna help me?
just say you'd like to help in a comment
and i'll ask my favor in a profile comment. :D

i'm thinking about writing an oliver sykes story. :o

comments and subscriptions, yo!
...pwease? :{D
(mustache man!)