Do You Know What It Feels Like?

Everything Seems To Fade When I See Her Face

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Friday, 3:00 pm

Fall Out Boy/Panic! At The Disco tourbus; main lounge


There definitely was a next time for Gabe to make up for the horrible date he had with Andy, and then there was a time after that, and then another time after that, and so on and so forth. They'd been hanging out with each other on the days - nights, mostly - that Gabe had no shows or interviews to attend. It was all a routine for both of them, and even for the people who had to witness this friendship quickly forming; Gabe would come over or text Andy to go over to their bus so they could either watch a movie together, play games, or just talk.

Their conversations ranged from mundane things to deep secrets, secrets even Andy's brother never knew. But then again, Andy could count the number of secrets that her brother knew about herself with her fingers. She had come close to telling Gabe about her more than just a crush on Ryan, but she resisted the urge. It would be very awkward to tell the guy, whom she liked maybe just a little bit more than her brother would allow, that showed an interest in her that she was sleeping in the same bus as the guy she like-liked.

Note the past tense of the verb; Andy still hasn't forgiven Ryan for being such an asshole to her. Neither of them had been speaking to each other, really. She noticed Ryan being a little bit more than just pissed at her for reasons she had no knowledge of. Noticing this angered her even more; why should he be pissed at her when he was the one who was in the wrong? In fact, he should've been begging on his knees for her forgiveness for what he did. What right did he have to glare at her from across the room when she did nothing to provoke that glare?

Andy would know the answer to those questions that fueled her anger towards the manorexic guitarist had she been paying more attention. And had she been paying attention to her surroundings at 3:03 pm on Friday afternoon, she would realize that the reason for Ryan's PMS was knocking on their bus door.

"Andy, Gabe's here. Again."

Andy looked up and immediately grinned when she saw the Hispanic comedian standing next to Spencer, easily towering over him.

"You make it sound like you don't want me here, Spencer. Do you have a problem with me?" Gabe asked, quirking an eyebrow at the, needless to say, cuddly drummer, daring him.

"No, it's just the fact that this is the umpteenth time you've been in this bus, and it's only been one week."

The thing about Spencer is, he doesn't get intimidated easily by the other, older band members joining them on this tour. Unlike Brendon, Ryan, and Jon, who get out of their way just so that they don't get on the bad side of Pete et al., Spencer just simply shows them the respect they deserve for being older than he is, but he doesn't let them bully him and manipulate him into thinking that they were better than he was as a person. Because, in the end, they were all people, and they were all boys. And just like the song goes - boys will be boys.

"If you say so, Spinneroo." Gabe chuckled and ruffled Spencer's hair, just like his dad used to when he was just a little boy. Though Spencer's dad could never come up with a nickname as horrible and just plain annoying as 'Spineroo'.

Andy stood up, a ready smile on her face, as Gabe made his way over to her. They exchanged casual 'hey's and hugs before making their way to the back lounge. They passed by the bunks, not minding the asleep-and-almost-half-dead bodies lying in their respective bunks. They most especially did not mind and, or see the honey glazed glare that was directed at their backs from a certain bunk where two young boys lay, one curled up against the other because his fiancee was out shopping with a certain Patrick Stump.

"So, what are we doing today, Wentz?" Gabe asked, sitting down on the couch, and stretched out his long legs.

"You tell me, Saporta."

The two fell into a comfortable, unintentional silence after that, both thinking up of things to do for that afternoon. Gabe's thoughts leaned more on doing things that might or might not get him to score a more-than-just-a-peck-on-the-lips kind of kiss from the younger, female Wentz, while Andy's thoughts leaned more on doing things that would get her mind off of Ryan for a long, long period of time. Neither of them knew that what they were thinking would work out perfectly and would benefit both as they hoped they would.

"So, how does Pete feel about you and I hanging out? Like, you know," Gabe asked, closely examining the nail on his thumb.

"I dunno, you tell me. You guys hang out more than he and I do," Andy chuckled, watching him watch his nail.

"So he, like, hasn't said anything? No complaints or whatever?" He tore his gaze away from his nail before moving on to the hem of his shirt.

"Just that I make sure I don't catch an STDFG."

"What the fuck is that?" Gabe asked, quirking an eyebrow at her, leaving his fingers to fiddle with his shirt.

"Sexually Transmitted Disease From Gabe. He made it up, I think, or maybe the whole label did, but it sounded like it's been around for a long time. It just rolled off his tongue like he was just saying 'fuck' or something," Andy shrugged, shifting a little bit, just enough for her to get closer, but not enough for him to notice.

"What the fuck? I should ask Bill about that." He pouted, rubbing at his eye.

He seemed restless, like his hands could just be left alone. Lord knows that boy is just itching to take a hold of Andy's oval-shaped face and press his lips to hers - passionately, if he can. Andy noticed of course, how couldn't she? She just didn't know why, but maybe if she did something to get him to stop moving his hands, he would just calm down.

~*~*DYK*~*~

Friday, 3:10 PM

Bunk Area.


It was inexplicably warm and stifling in his bunk. His shirt was disgustingly sticking to his chest and his arms were starting to feel all sweaty. He could blame it on Brendon, who had been cuddled up to his side since noon and hadn't moved much since then, or he could blame it on the also inexplicable bubbling of anger inside him. And that bubbling of anger only seemed to happen whenever he was reminded of the fact that Gabe was Andy's friend - very close friend, actually. One that she spoke to and hung out with on a regular basis, one that she could confide in and trust, and one to keep her company on her lonely nights.

He just couldn't understand how Gabe was able to accomplish something he was trying so hard to achieve and so quickly too. It had taken him forever to get Andy to talk to him on a regular basis, and that was after she got sent to the hospital, which Pete still blames him for. It angered him to know that this opportunity at the music business was such a big deal and probably the most difficult goal he had ever had to achieve and how it seemed to be just a small leap from the window on the first floor compared to the hundred storey dive he had, and still has to take, for he and Andy to get along.

He lay there and waited, until he just couldn't take the uncomfortable feeling any more. He pulled away from Brendon's hold on him and rolled out of the bunk, relishing in the cool breeze that seemed to dry up the beads of sweat that had formed on his pale skin. He let out a heavy sigh and slowly pushed himself off of the carpeted floor.

He stared at the closed door leading to the back lounge, debating whether or not he should check in on them. Why should he though? He has no business in their relationship, whether it be romantic or not, and Andy thought of him as less than an acquaintance now, so why should he risk losing that last string of connection to her? But then again, why shouldn't he check on them? If Gabe was pulling a stunt on Andy that she was forced into complying with, wouldn't he be the hero? Wouldn't Andy think that she owed him something - her dignity, maybe? And wouldn't Pete deem him capable of taking care of his little sister? Surely, he would trust Andy with him if he knew that he saved her from Gabe's evil and seductive grip.

He smiled to himself and confidently strode over to the door, pushing the button that would open the door with his long index finger. But as the door slowly revealed what possible horrors lay in that room, his smile faded and his confidence waned, because Andy certainly did not need any saving. She was wrapped around Gabe's long arms, locked in a passionate kiss that seemed to cut at Ryan like a knife.

It seems like this is one fairy tale wherein the knight in shining armor lost his princess to the fire breathing dragon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait!
I hope you all liked this chapter.
The chapter title is from Forgive Durden's The Missing Piece.