Do You Know What It Feels Like?

I'll Hold On To The Wings Of The Eagles

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

10:19 am, Monday

Recording studio, Chicago.

Brendon shuffled into the live room, looking around. This was the first time he had ever had to use these expensive looking equipment. He didn't want to mess up, otherwise, Pete might think that they're a waste of money and time. He didn't want to mess this up for the band or for Ryan. Ryan especially because he knew he worked really hard for these songs and if he were to butcher it, then... Ryan would most likely butcher him.

Everybody else was in the control room, watching him. He was the last one to be recorded, and after watching everybody do so well, he got so nervous that he was afraid it might affect his singing.

"Ready, Brendon?" Pete spoke into the mic, his voice filling Brendon's ears as soon as he put the headphones on. Brendon gave him a shaky thumbs up and nodded. A few buttons were pressed and a few knobs were turned. Music started playing in the headphones and Brendon's cue was coming up.

"Your band's, like, really good," Andy whispered to Ryan.

He blushed and nodded, "Thanks."

It wasn't all the time someone famous' sister tells you that your band was good. Not to mention the fact that she was somewhat good looking.

Brendon saw Ryan and Andy talking and wondered what it could've been about. His eyes then flickered over to her friend, Tay, talking to Fall Out Boy's vocalist and guitarist, Patrick Stump.

"Brendon, you missed your cue," a voice told him.

He snapped out of his thoughts, blinked a couple of times and stared at the guy who was manipulating the mixing console.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Pete spoke into the mic this time, an amused smile making it's way onto his face.

"You forgot to sing."

Brendon blushed and began spluttering out apologies.

"O-oh, s-s-sorry, I wasn't thinking and... well, I was thinking but... I was-"

Ryan noticed that Brendon was nervous, which he ever hardly was. He's usually all over the place and confident, but now he was a blubbering mess. He stood up and went over to the door connecting the control room and the live room.

"Can I?" he asked, and Pete and the mixing guy nodded.

Ryan opened the door and went inside. Brendon turned his head to him, and as soon as he saw the skinny figure, he took off the headphones and walked over to him.

"Ryan, I can't do this," he frowned, running a hand through his hair.

"Yes you can. C'mon, Bren, you've recorded your voice before."

He put his hands on the younger one's shoulders and shook him lightly.

"But... that was when it was just us, and nobody else. And it wasn't a professional recording, it was okay if I messed up, but now... I can't-"

"Bren, it's okay to mess up. That's why we rented out the studio for the day, so you can take your time. C'mon now, you can do this. I know you can. Brendon Boyd Urie isn't going to let nervousness take him down, is he?"

Brendon smiled a little and shook his head.

"Good boy," Ryan joked, wrapping his arms around him.

Everyone in the booth 'awwed' at the two. Andy stood up, went over to the mic, and said,

"You two are so adorable, you can almost compete with Patrick," she giggled.

Brendon and Ryan pulled apart and looked at her, blushing.

"Hey, you can't use that!" Pete scolded, pulling his sister back.

"Why not? Patrick gets to use it. You get to use it. This guy gets to use it!" she pouted, pointing at the guy at the mixing console.

"We're all important and we don't break things so go sit down."

Andy stuck her tongue out at him, grabbed Tay's arm, who grabbed Patrick's arm, and led them all out of the studio.

"She just kidnapped your vocalist and guitarist," Spencer pointed out, staring at Pete.

"It's okay, Patrick's a big boy, he can take care of himself. Besides, they wouldn't lay a finger on him."

"What makes you say that?" Jon quirked an eyebrow.

"They think he's too adorable."
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one. <3 I might or might not edit it.

Comment please! =D I see you readers there not commentin'.

btw, i have no idea what you call the mixer guy so i just called him the mixer guy xDD