Sequel: Déjà vu

My Unintended

I found you on the bathroom floor

(A/N: This story will be from Gerard's P.O.V. If it changes, you'll see the character's name at the beginning of the chapter...)

I muted the TV and looked up at the ceiling, confused.

“Mel?” I called. There was no reply.

That’s odd; I could have sworn I heard someone crying. I threw the remote control onto the cushion beside me and sighed, I knew how she got sometimes. I stood up, stretching and wandered to the stairs.

“Mel?” I called again, from the bottom of the stairs. There was still no reply so I decided to go up. The crying got louder with every step I took and I could tell from the way it sounded she was crying in the bathroom again.

“Melissa?” I asked softly, knocking on the door. “Are you okay?” There was no reply, just the sound of crying. I knocked again and turned the handle. It was unlocked.

As I pushed open the door, nothing could have prepared me for the sight before me. My heart actually stopped for a second and my head span.

Melissa, my girlfriend, was sitting on the bathroom floor surrounded by alcohol, pill bottles and a few razor blades. She had a pen in her hand and a pad of paper on her lap. Her intentions were very clear and it broke my heart.

She turned her head slowly to me and her eyes were glazed over. Shit. I walked over to her, desperately telling myself not to cry. She followed my with her eyes and as I knelt in front of her I could tell why her eyes were glazed over.

She reeked of vodka. My heart was pounding. Why would she do this? I reached over to her and pulled away the pad of paper and the pen. She mumbled something as I reached out to her gently and pulled her into me arms. She trembled as I touched her and a tear fell from my eyes.

"What have you done to yourself baby?" I asked. She was still trembling and pulled away from me, gripping the bath as she struggled to her feet. She reached down for a razor blade and I caught her wrist.

"Get off me!" She slurred, pulling her arm back. My hand was gripped round her wrist and she struggled as I stood up, pulling her to me again. Her arms hung limp beside her body as I held her, wishing this had never happened.

I looked down at her and into her eyes. It felt like someone had pushed a knife into my heart as I looked into her green eyes. There was nothing there. None of their usual happiness or love, no regret for what she had done, no sadness just nothing. A glazed colour staring into the distance.

I gripped her waist and walked her slowly to our bedroom, laying her on the bed. She stared at the ceiling and said nothing. I sighed and sat on the chair on the opposite side of the room and watched her. I couldn't take any chances. After about an hour her eyes began to droop and she fell to sleep, still on her back as I had left her.

She hadn't noticed my tears. She hadn't noticed me staring at her, wishing she would just look at me and show some form of the old Melissa. She didn't notice that I was deep in thought, wondering what damage she had done to our unborn child tonight.