Sequel: Déjà vu

My Unintended

I'm Not Okay

Mystery P.O.V

A/N: It won't stay a mystery for very long

I sighed and glanced up at the clock on the video. He promised he would return in an hour.

That was 10 minutes ago.

I rolled onto my front, without breaking my eye contact from the TV and reached over for my warm beer bottle.

I groaned as I realised it was empty and dropped it onto the floor beside me with 4 other empty bottles.

I glanced through the semi-darkness, hoping I could find the bottle opener in the light the TV was giving off.

My mind focused on what the man was saying just as I spotted the bottle opener and I snatched it off the floor.

“They’ve changed a lot since their first album but My Chemical Romance survived the loss of their drummer last year and they have returned with this piece of magic.” The voice said.

I wrenched open a new beer bottle and threw both the opener and the bent lid onto the growing pile of bottles beside me.

“Here it is, folks, their latest video; I’m Not Okay.”

I blanked out the voices at the start of the video as I took a welcoming mouthful of beer.

I closed my eyes in content and the music started.

It sounded quite good and it was the first time I had ever heard it.

I forced my eyes open as the front door clicked open.

“Did you get it?”

“Hell yeah, best stuff he had.” He answered and sat heavily beside me on the sofa. I sat up and waited expectantly as he pulled a bag out of his pocket as well as a half-finished joint.

I took it and put it in my lips.

As I raised my lighter to it, the TV caught my eye and I yelped.

“Burn yourself?” He asked and didn’t look up as he rolled himself a joint.

“It’s…It can’t be…” I gasped and let the joint fall onto my lap in shock.

I watched the TV mesmerised as he sang and the band played around him.

“Are you okay?” He asked. I didn’t answer and watched as the guitarist kissed his cheek.

I sat with my mouth open until the song ended and I turned to Matt beside me.

“That was…him…he…” I stammered. I couldn’t say it; I was too shocked.

“Who?”

“Gerard…he…he can’t be in a band…what about…her?” I managed to say and forced my eyes from the TV.

“Melissa, you’re freaking me out.” Matt said and looked up at me as he finished rolling the joint.

“Gerard…my ex…in a band…what about his daughter?” I asked.

Matt shrugged.

“Why do you even care? Please smoke that, I don’t want to have wasted my money.” Matt said and pointed at the joint in my lap.

I picked it up numbly and lit it.

As the drug entered my system I knew what I had to do.

I had to get her back.