Sequel: Déjà vu

My Unintended

Surprises

“Alright, before the next song, I just wanted to get someone special up on stage.” I said into the microphone. The crowd cheered and I grinned over at Frank as I walked to the edge of the stage and called Michaela on.

It was the first time she had been on stage in front of our crowd before.

”As you all know, it is Frank Iero’s birthday!” I yelled and the crowd screamed. “Michaela wanted you all to sing Happy Birthday to him. Can you do that?”

The crowd screamed again and I bent to pick Michaela up.

“Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday my Frankie,
Happy birthday to you.”
She sang into the microphone and the crowd sang with her.

I watched Frank the whole time and he sat on the stage floor gripping Pansy in shock. I grinned at him as the crowd cheered and pulled him up into a hug.

“Happy birthday baby,” I whispered into his ear and smiled.

“Let’s get this show on the road!” I yelled into the mic and the crowd screamed.

Michaela crawled from my arms and onto my shoulders.

I tried not to move too much as Ray started ‘I’m Not Okay’ but I loved performing it so much it was really hard.

Michaela gripped one hand on my head and the other on my neck as I sang and it made it really hard for me to sing.

Somehow, I managed to get through it and she ran off stage happily and the show continued without her.

*Time lapse*

“Mom? What the hell are you doing here?” I asked in disbelief as I saw my mom sitting on the sofa of the tour bus.

“Am I not allowed to come and visit my sons?”

“Well yeah, but you don’t usually. What’s happened?” I asked and watched as Michaela launched herself at her grandmother.

“Nothing, I just wanted to see you honey.” She lied.

I raised my eyebrows as the rest of the band entered the bus and greeted her cheerfully.

“Mommy, I missed you!” Mikey whined and hugged her.

“Mom, can we speak alone?” I asked, not believing she was here for nothing.

“Come on, Sleeping Beauty, let’s get you to bed.” I added to Michaela as she yawned in Frank’s arms.

I smiled at Frank as I took Michaela from him and walked to the bunk area.

“Mom, please don’t lie to me, why are you really here?” I asked as I laid Michaela down on the bottom bunk and pulled the cover over her.

She sighed.

“Melissa.”

“Oh God, what has she done now?” I asked and kissed Michaela goodnight before standing up and facing my mom.

“She visited me.”

“What?”

“Last week, she came over to the house asking for you.” Mom said. I yanked the curtain closed on Michaela’s bunk.

“Why after all of this time?”

“She saw your video on TV.”

“So?”

“I think she thinks you’d be willing to take her back because you’ve got more money now.”

“Did she say that?” I asked suspiciously.

“No, but she told me she had heard your band before but never really paid any interest to it. That was until she saw the video and recognised you all.”

“So she just wants me for my money?”

“More than likely honey.” Mom said and placed her hand on my arm. I sighed heavily.

“You know I would never go back to her. I love Frank and I couldn’t do that to Michaela.” I said.

“I told her I would try and get you to talk to her. You don’t have to, but she refused to leave until she saw you.”

“Great, thanks for letting me know mom.” I said and hugged her.

“When are you coming home honey?”

“Next week I’ll be over for Sunday lunch, I promise. Then we’re heading out to New York before we go to the UK.” I explained and she released me.

“Okay, I’d better get going. I’ll see you next week.” She said and started to walk towards the front of the bus.

I sighed and sat on my own bunk opposite Michaela’s.

Why did Melissa have to ruin everything?