Forbidden

Forbidden.

It was a dark night.

Everything was covered in the dark blanket of night, except for one area. On top of a small hill, the moonlight broke the inky blackness, lighting up that sole area. And that was where Snow was headed. Snow was a beautiful young vampire, only three years ago was she changed, at the age of eighteen. She was destined to be eighteen forever.

She had long, brown hair that cascaded over her shoulders in gentle curls. She was slim and her skin was as pale as a fresh snowfall, her namesake. Her eyes were usually a shimmering icy blue, but at the moment, they were a bloody red. She was hungry. Hungry for the fresh blood pumping through the veins of a young and healthy human.

She slowly dragged her feet to the top of the hill, savoring the chilly breeze that ran through her unnaturally silky hair. Her face felt flushed and warm, but she knew it still looked as pale as though she'd never seen a ray of light in her lifetime and was as cold as though she'd been walking through a blizzard.
Now she was making her way up the hill, hoping… knowing that in moments someone will come up to the spot. When at the top, she crouched behind a bush, blending into the shadows. Soon, she heard footsteps. Closer and closer they came. Snow gathered her energy, breathing deep breaths.

The person stepped into the moonlight and Snow saw it was a male. Even better, she thought, giving a small smile. She slowly crept out of the bushes, ready to pounce and take only as much blood as she needed. She never, ever killed any victims. It was against the Legis de Lamia, the Law of the Vampires. The punishment was horrible. No one really knew what it was –the people who'd experienced it were in no condition to speak – but rumors flew, and none of them were pleasant.

The human male looked healthy and strong. Snow saw his features, his hair, his eyes, but she didn't process any of it. Her vision was locked on the man's neck where the blood pumped lightly under the skin, pulsing steadily, if a little fast. The pulse reawakened Snow, pumping her with the vampire equivalent of adrenaline.

"Be prepared to die, human." Snow growled, hiding a childlike grin. She enjoyed adding in the extra dramatics. The human male turned around, and, spotting Snow, he turned a shade of sickly green. "They were right. They knew." Despite the sickly green of his face, he managed a feeble grin as he spoke these words. Snow pondered his strange words for a moment, but soon her hunger overpowered her other senses. She pounced on the human, letting loose a rush of emotions – Hunger, energy, anger, sadness, happiness, laughter. The rush was normal whilst hunting, but Snow had never felt its power this greatly. Sinking her fangs into the human's neck, she sucked inwards, feeling the taste of blood on her tongue. All her senses went wild, craving more. And she took more. The taste of blood soon filled her and her body soon felt normal once again.

Nevertheless, she kept drinking the blood. There was some part of her that wanted more, even though she'd had enough. Eventually, she pulled her fangs from the human's soft flesh. Letting out a satisfied sigh, she prepared to head back to her mansion. Before leaving, she couldn’t help but looking at the human. He lay on the ground, eyes closed, body limp. That wasn't abnormal. Most humans passed out from minor blood loss, but he would wake before morning. Or at least he should have.

Snow turned to leave, feeling immensely satisfied, but something made her pause. Even years later, she didn't know what possessed her to turn around and look at the man one more time. She took a closer look at him, and realized that he was unnaturally pale. On a whim, she felt for his pulse. Nothing. No steady boom, boom. Snow's heart, on the other hand, was now racing. What have I done? She asked herself. A feeling of dread passed through her. I've killed him. There is no other explanation.

Every vampire's worst fears were now Snow's reality.

She did the only thing she could.

She turned and ran into the night, wind rustling her brown curls.

She didn’t know where she was going, and she didn’t care. She had to get away from the unpardonable sin she committed.
♠ ♠ ♠
* * * * * * *
Sorry, it's so short and crap. Originally it was supposed to be the Prelude to a story. I even started writing the next chapter, but I'm not too sure if it's any good. If you like it, let me know, because then I'll continue writing it.

(: