You Shouldn't

chapter 3

Alexa got out of the shower, got dressed and walked out the door while putting on a simple black jacket, the kind that doesn’t give you warmth, it just covers you.
She called a taxi and told him to take her to The Viper Room. It was 7:30 pm she’d have just enough time to walk in at 8. She began setting up her camera with the proper lenses and flashes. She began to think that if she managed to nail this shoot, her life would change drastically. She would leave her apartment, her job, and her friends. Everything she was used to was going to be changed for a fast paced job with odd hours and unfamiliar faces. It motivated her even more to take good pictures tonight. She sighed as she arrived to The Viper Room and saw several people, mostly dressed in black, waiting outside. She got out and paid the taxi driver and began to look around. The people were wearing a lot of band clothes; with symbols she didn’t recognize everywhere. She took out the piece of paper Jared had given her and began to look around for the back entrance. She walked around the building and saw the red door Jared had written about in the paper.

She walked in and a man stopped her right at the entrance. “What are you doing here? Main entrance is in the front.” And began to push her out. “No wait, I’m the photographer, Jared must’ve told you about me.” Alexa protested before getting pushed out. “Oh then why didn’t you say so?” He smiled and let her in. “Go straight down the hall and to the left, you’ll be in front of the barrier.” She thanked him and headed down the dark corridor that smelled like throw up and beer. “Glamorous” She said to herself. She was busy looking at all the old posters from unknown bands and didn’t notice the person walking towards her. She bumped into him, and nearly fell backwards. “Oh God I’m so sorry, I didn’t see you.” Alexa apologized immediately without noticing who she was talking to. “Well look who it is! Our new photographer.” Shannon said with a smile. Alexa blushed. ‘What the fuck?! Why am I blushing?’ She thought to herself. “Oh hey Shannon, I was just heading toward the stage now.” She said and smiled. ‘He’s not half bad looking. Shut up brain!’ She kicked herself mentally for admiring the drummer. “Yeah good idea, we’re about to start, I was just going to the bathroom.” He said while looking at her. “Wow you look nice.” He smirked when she blushed again. “Thanks, it’s just something I threw on,” she giggled. ‘Liar’ she said to herself. “Well I’ll see you on stage I guess.” Shannon said. “Yeah, have a good show.” She replied. “Thanks. Don’t forget to take pictures of me” Shannon laughed and walked towards the bathroom. Alexa kept walking towards the stage feeling like a teenager again.