Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

19. Pain and Death

The fellowship continued rowing all the next day. The presence of Gollum still lingered, though it retreated a bit. You were sitting at the front of the boat, thinking of the wonderful night you and Legolas had. You smiled at the thought. You wanted so bad to talk and flirt with Legolas but it was a little difficult with Gimli in the middle. Suddenly, an enraging headache came over you. It made you thrive and twist as images shot into your head. You didn't realize you'd fallen right out of the boat.”
“Herenya!”
Legolas jumped in after you, that's when the images stopped. Legolas plopped you back in the boat, and climbed in after.
“Herenya, what happened?”
“It was horrible.”
You were sitting in the middle, leaning against Legolas' chest. Legolas continued rowing; assuring the others that he'd watch you.
“What happened?”
“Images, flashing, hurt, Boromir.”
That was all you managed to get out before you fell asleep.
You woke up to the sound of Boromir enraged voice yelling, "She said my name! Wake her the hell up!"
“No need, I'm already.” You grumbled.
You yawned, and Boromir yanked you up by the shoulders and shook you.
“What is going to happen?” he yelled in your face.
“Thanks for the wake-up.”
“Tell me now!”
“I don't know. All I saw was your face . . . dead.”
“That's just great!”
You didn't mean to be harsh, but how else could you explain it? It had probably been Gimli who had spilt the beans in the first place. Thanks Gimli!
Boromir laid off you and went to sit on a log, putting his head in his hands.
“We cross the lake at nightfall.” Aragorn was saying to the fellowship, “Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north.”
“Oh yes? Just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil . . . an impassable labyrinth of razor-sharp rocks. And after that, it gets even better.”
Pippin, who was sitting nearby, looked like he was scared to death.
“Festering, stinking marshland as far as the eye can see.” Gimli continued.
You and Legolas looked at the woods with caution.
“That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf.” Aragorn said.
Gimli looked taken aback and he muttered under his breath.
“We should leave, now.” Legolas protested.
“No. Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness.” Aragorn argued.
“It is not the eastern shore that worries me.” You said for Legolas.
Legolas nodded.
“A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near. I can feel it.” Legolas finished.
Merry came back with a nice pile of wood.
“Where's Frodo?” he asked casually.
We all looked around to find Frodo gone. Also, Boromir. The fellowship had begun to suspect Boromir ever since that incident over Caradhras. Aragron quickly got everyone to go out in different directions to look for him. You quickly grabbed your weapons for you could feel something was about to happen.
“Herenya!” Legolas ran over to you. “Will you be alright?”
“Yes, it does not affect me yet.”
Legolas grabbed your necklace and kissed you on the lips.
“Remember, hope. I can see something about to happen.”
“Me too.” You looked around worriedly.
“I love you, be careful.”
“You too, my love.”
You ran away, quickly getting into the cover of the trees. As you ran you saw a group of orcs, only they weren't orcs. They were what Saruman liked to call, Uruk-hai. You quickly grabbed the cloak about you and hid behind a tree. The Uruks past and you continued on. That's when you heard Boromir's horn of Gondor not too far away. You pulled out you bow and ran to the sound. You found Boromir in a clearing, fighting back Urucks, as Merry and Pippin stood to the side, awe struck. You got into the fight, putting away your bow and using your knives, you always liked them better.
*At Isengard, before the Uruks were set free*
“Do you know how the orcs first came into being? They were elves once. Taken by the dark powers, tortured and mutilated. A ruined and terrible form of life. And now, perfected.” Saruman said to one of his Uruks, the captain, “My fighting Uruk-hai, whom do you serve?”
“Saruman.” It said with an evil growl.
“Hunt them down. Do not stop until they are found. You do not know pain. You do not know fear. You will taste man-flesh! One of the halflings caries something of great value. Bring them to me alive, and unspoiled. Kill the others. Except, an elf maiden. She has great powers, if the prophecy is true. Bring her also. Don't be afraid to have a little fun with her either. She cannot control her powers and does not know the full extent of them yet.”
*Your P.O.V.*
You killed many Uruks, until one, who looked bigger, and stronger came. He held up a large cross bow. You tried to get to Boromir in time, but the arrow struck him in the stomach just as you came face-to-face with him.
“Boromir.” You whispered.
You fought on as Boromir continued, struggling for his life. A second arrow hit him, and still he fought on. But when that third arrow came, Boromir sank to his knees, and did not get back up. Merry and Pippin rushed into the gang of Uruks. They were picked up, and thrown over the Uruks' shoulders. Then one picked you up. And with one final "Boromir!" you fell into darkness.
*Legolas' P.O.V.*
I came across Aragorn as Boromir was dying. Boromir's eyes went big at the sight of me.
"Legolas," he said, "I could not save her. Forgive me." He looked up at Aragorn. "I would have followed you my brother. My captain. My king." And he died right there.
Suddenly, his words clicked in my mind. Herenya! No!
"Herenya? Herenya!" I called frantically. "I should not have left her. Oh dear Valar. Aagh!" I yelled, "We have to go, now. We must find Herenya."
We went back to the boats to gather the rest of our things. Gimli took a boat.
(Changed it here a little bit.)
"Hurry, Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore." Gimli grunted.
Aragorn and I stood behind. Gimli looked back.
"You mean not to follow them" Gimli continued.
"Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands." Aragorn said.
"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." Gimli stated.
"Not if we hold true to eachother. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death."
"And Herenya." I put in.
"And Herenya. Not while we have strength left. Leave all that can be spared behind. We travel light. Let us hunt some orc."
You smiled triumphantly and grabbed all your weapons, being the first to run into the woods.
Okay people, so the first third of the story is over . . .