Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

24. Many Discoveries

*Legolas' P.O.V.*
I had missed Herenya so much and now I felt even worse about leaving her. It must have hurt so much. I guess I had not really noticed how much her beauty was really shining through. I had always seen her beauty. But before it was a cold beauty, sad and gothic. Now it is a beauty as warm as the sun, bright adn delightful. I wish Icould take it back. Leaving her. I should have brought her with me when i went to search for Frodo. Or maybe, I should never have spoken to her at all. It is my fault she is even here. But then I would have had a hole in my heart. For as soon as I saw her the night of Frodo's feast (again book), I knew. She was the most beautiful maiden I had ever laid eyes on. Only one look has changed my life completely. I do not want to leave her.

*Herenya's P.O.V.*
Why did I get myself into this? Legolas. Why did I have to look at him at Frodo's feast? As soon as I saw him sitting next to Merry, Pippin, and Sam, laughing at their antics, I was in love. And when he came upon Glorfindel and I, I was lost. I could not get enough of his beautiful blue eyes and his hearty laugh. I wanted him to laugh with me. I wanted him to hold me, and kiss me, and be with me.

When it was light enough to continue looking around the camp, the fellowship got up, ate a few bites and lembas, and searched the ground. When all hope seemed out of reach teh fellowship began to grow angry. Aragorn most of all. He was knealed on the ground in defeat after kicking an helmet. When he looked at the ground and saw prints.
"A hobbit lay here," said he, "and the other."
He moved a ways, "They crawled. Their hands were bound" Aragorn got up. "Their bounds were cut." Aragorn picked up the rope. "They ran over here. They were followed." Aragorn says, running towards the woods. "The tracks lead away from the battle! Into Fagorn Forest."
"Fangorn?" Gimli breathed, "What madness drove them in there?"
"Oh come on. You're not scared of trees are you? They are my friends. We have nothing to worry about." you laughed.
With that, you ran into the trees with the rest of the fellowship following. You stopped a ways in, feeling something different about the area. Gimli found a spot of what looked like blood. He tasted it, then spat it back out.
"Orc blood." he growled.
"These are strange tracks." Aragorn muttered, while walking over the ground.
"The air is so close in here." Gimli said, looking around.
"This forest is old. Very old. Full of memory, and anger." Legolas stated.
The trees began to groan, and sway. Gimli quickly picked up his axe.
"Gimli," Aragorn made a lowering motion with his hands, "lower your axe."
Gimli lowered his axe, but continued to stare at the trees in caution. Legolas was also looking around. Finally he spoke.
"Aragorn, nad no ennas! *Something's out there.*"
"Man cenich? *What do you see?*"
"The white wizard approaches." Legolas whispered.
"Do not him speak, he will put a spell on us." Aragorn told you.
You all turned to attack as a bright white light appeared, with the figure of an old man in it, but the light was too bright to see properly, and it covered his face.
"You are tracking the footsteps of two young hobbits." he called out.
"Where are they?" Aragorn asked.
"They passed this way, the day before yesterday. They met someone they did not expect. Does that comfort you?" he asked stragely, as if it should.
"Who are you? Show yourself?" Aragorn yelled.
Suddenly the light went out and emerging from it stepped out a very old friend. You only stood in awe, mouth agape.
"It cannot be. You fell." Aragorn questioned in confusion.
"Through fire, and water. On the lowest dungeon, on the highest peak I fought him, the Balrog of Morgoth." Gandalf told you.
"Until at last I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.Darkness took me and I strayed out of thought and time. The stars field of end, and everyday was as long as a life age on the earth.But it was not the end. I felt life in me again. I’ve been sent back until my task is done."
"Gandalf." Aragorn sighed.
"Gandalf? Yes, that was what they used to call me. Gandalf the Grey. That was my name." Gandalf reassured himself.
"Gandalf." Gimli happily cried.
"I am Gandalf the White. And I come back to you now. At the turn of the tide."
"Gandalf?" you questioned. "Is it really you?"
Gandalf looked at you as if for the first time.
"Herenya. My darling. How have you been? I see you adn Legolas have become fond of eachother." he smiled.
"Oh Gandalf!" you yelled and ran to him, embracing him in a tight hug.
Gandalf led the 4 of you out of the forest and stood before a plain.
"One stage of your journey is over, another begins. War has come to Rohan, we must ride to Edoras with all speed." he told you.
"Edoras?" Gimli questioned. "That is no short distance."
"We hear trouble of Rohan. It goes ill with the King." Aragorn told Gandalf.
"Yes, and it will not be easily cured." Gandalf responded.
Gandalf let out a loud, long whistle. In a moment you heard a horse's baying and saw a beautiful white horse come leaping over the hills. With 3 others in tow. Your three horses to be exact.”
"I knew there was something strange about the horses and last night. So it was you we saw." you realized.
"Yes." Gandalf said.
"That is one of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Legolas awed.
"Shadowfax." Gandalf called it as the horse came to a halt before Gandalf, "He is the lord of all horses, adn has been my friend through many dangers.
When you reached Edoras you were quickly stricken with grief and depression. The whole town was silent and the only movement was the people emerging from their houses to watch as you passed.
"You'd find more cheer in a graveyard." Gimli coldly stated.
"Edoras, and the Golden Hall of Meduseld. There dwells Théoden, King of Rohan, whose mind is over thrown. Saruman’s hold over King Théoden is now very strong." Gandalf told you, "Be careful what you say. Do not look for welcome here."
When you came to the hall of the King you dismounted and walked to the doors. A stout man with red hair stepped in front of you.
"I cannot allow you before Théoden King so armed, Gandalf Grayhame by order of Grima Wormtongue." the man said.
Gandalf looked at all of you adn nodded his head and you began removing yourweapons. One by one you removed your bow, arrows, knives, and sword. The guards seemed to look at you in wonder, as if they'd never before seen a woman with so many weapons. When Gandalf tried to enter, the man stopped him, "Your staff."
"Oh," Gandalf sighed, "you would not part an old man from his walking stick."
The man nodded and allowed us entry. Gandalf looked toward Aragorn and winked. For effect, Legolas took Gandalf's arm and "helped" him walk him.
A dead version of the King was sitting at the throne and a sad looked pale man was knelt beside him.
"My lord, Gandalf the Grey is coming." Wormtongue hissed. "He is a herald of woe.
As the doors shut behind us Gandalf called out to the King, "The courtesy of your hall has somewhat lessened of late Théoden King."
"He’s not welcome." Wormtongue continued.
"Why should I welcome you, Gandalf Stormcrow?" the King croaked.
"A just question my liege. Late is the hour in which this conjuror chooses to appear. Lots spell I name him, ill news is an ill guest." Wormtongue hissed again, coming to stand in front of Gandalf.
"Be silent. Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth. I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crude words with a witless worm." Gandalf shoved his staff in Grima's face.
"Staff. I told you to take the wizard's staff!"
"Théoden son of Thengel. Too long have you sat in the shadows." Gandalf said, walking toward the King as Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, and you fought off the King's men.
"Hearken to me." Theoden looked toward Gandalf, as the Saruman inside him growled. "I release you from this spell." Gndalf said, lifting his hand toward the King.
Théoden began to laugh, it sent shivers down your spine. "You have no power here, Gandalf the Grey."
Gandalf throws off his cloak, revealing his new white robes, and a light seemed to eminate from him, as power.
"I will draw you Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound."
"If I go, Theoden dies." Saruman/Theodon hissed.
"You did not kill me, you will not kill him."
"Rohan is mine." Saruman once again hissed.
"Be gone."
Théoden is thrown back in the throne.