Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

27. The Battle For Helm's Deep

The Uruk fell to the ground with a loud thud. The Uruk army began to growl and yell, and with the raise of a fist, the whole army charged at the walls.
“Tangado a chadad! (Prepare to fire!)” Aragorn yelled and every elf set an arrow to their bow.
“Faeg i-varv... dîn na lanc a nu ranc. (Their armor is weak at the neck... and below the arm.)” Legolas remarked.
“Leithio i philinn! (Fire the arrows!)” Aragorn yelled.
Every elf let loose their arrows and all struck an Uruk down.
“Did we hit anything?” Gimli asked enthusiastically behind the wall.
Aragorn gave the signal to fire when ready. You let arrows loose, one after the other, always hitting your target.
“Send them to me, come on!” Gimli yelled.
The Uruks began shooting back with great crossbows. A few elves went down.
“Pendraith! (Ladders!)” Aragorn warned.
Gimli must have undertood that word because he became thrilled and shouted, “Good!”
Two dozen or so ladders lifted into the air, an Uruk perched at the top of each one.
“Swords!”
You quickly pulled out your trusty sword, and awaited the moment on of their heads popped over the brick. Gimli got the first one, but you followed, slicing off the head of the next. *That’s what you get!*
Uruks began appearing out of nowhere. You put your sword away, pulling out your long knives. You ran after Uruks, slicing one after the other. Never stopping. In your mind, you caught a glimpse of beautiful blond hair, falling.
You thought it was Legolas, and quickly fought your way to his side.
“Legolas!” you yelled.
“What? I am kind of busy.” Legolas yelled, thrusting his knife through the stomach of an Uruk.
“I saw you die!”
“No you did not! I will be fine! How many other elves are there here?”
“Yes, but I do not know them as well as you. It would be meaningless for me to see the fall of an elf I know not.”
“I will be fine.”
For the next while you tried to stay by Legolas’ side, but he was quickly lost in the crowd.
*Valar! Keep him safe!*
You fought your way through many Uruks and was very successful. You had shot down a ladder by the rope!
You became frightened when you saw a few Uruks placing large spiked balls into the river drain, the only hole in the wall. Then a great Uruk came running at the drain with a lighted spark.
You pulled out your bow and tried to hit him down. You could hear Aragorn yelling for Legolas to kill it. But the thing would not go down. It kept going. Finally it came in contact with the drain and the whole side of the wall was blasted. Uruks came pouring in through the gaping hole, as water rushed out of it. Then, the Uruks on the causeway brought out a battering ram and began hammering the gate. You watched in awe as Legolas used a shield to slide down the staircase and the shield landed in an Uruk’s throat.
*That’s my man!*
Uruks were pouring in from everywhere. All, even the Elves were growing tired. The King sounded for everyone to get to the Keep.
You reluctantly pulled back, and fought your way to the Keep.
You then tried to do what you could to brace the gate. Aragorn came up, and whispered in your ear, “Haldir’s fallen.”
“That is who I saw!”
You were quickly filled with sorrow, but you kept busy as you shot the Uruks that were trying to get in through the gate. You helped put boards up when you saw Aragorn and Gimli jump out onto the causeway. They skillfully fought off quite a bit of Uruks. But it wasn’t good enough. The Uruks were breaking through. Legolas pulled Aragorn and Gimli up, then the King signaled to pull back. The gate burst open and everyone ran inside. You and Legolas busily shot at the Uruks following, letting the others get inside first.
The Uruks placed great black flags with the hand of Saruman up, waving them in victory. Everyone helped to bar the door to keep the Uruks out while the women and children cowered together.
“The fortress is taken.” Théden yelled, “It is over.”
“You said this fortress would never fall while your men defend it.” Aragorn argued, “They still defend it, they have died defending it.”
Another great bang hit the door and the women screamed while the children cried.
“Is there no other way for the women and children to get out of the caves?” Aragorn asked. The King only looked down, ashamed, “Is there no other way?”
“There is one passage it leads into the mountains, but they will not get far, the Uruk-Hai are too many.” A servant said.
Another bang.
“Send word for the women and children to make for the mountain pass and barricade the entrance!” Aragorn ordered.
“So much death.” The King mumbled, “What can men do against such reckless hate?”
Bang.
“Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them.”
“For death and glory.”
“For Rohan, for your people.”
The King hesitated.
“The sun is rising.” Gimli stated, remembering what Gandalf had last said.
“Yes.” The King said, “Yes. The horn of Helm Hammerhand shall sound in the Deep one last time.”
“Yes!” Gimli stated happily as he raced to the horn.
Bang.
“Let this be the hour when we draw swords together.” The King declared.
You jumped on a horse as did Leoglas ans Aragorn. And with Théoden and the rest of the company Théoden gave his battle cry, “Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn!”
Gimli sounded the horn and the door burst open and you raced toward the rabble of Uruk-hai as you brandished your sword in triumph. The party went through the city, slaughtering as they went. You raced down the causeway, throwing off all who were in your path.
A distant horse’s beigh was heard and when you looked to the horizon you saw, standing there, Gandalf atop Shadowfax.
*A Wizard is never late.*
Éomer, the horse-man, rode up beside Gandalf and gave a battle cry of his own.
“Rohirrim! To the King!”
The horse-men all raced down the hill. The Uruks tried to keep their spears up, but a great burst of light that not even they could take came over the hill as Gandalf thrust his sword in the air, white robes flowing behind him. The men charged through the Uruks, killing, and scaring as they went. All the Uruks left, running over the hill. You went up to chase them but Gandalf stopped you, “Stay away from the trees!”
“They are finally fighting back.” You smiled.
You watched as the trees destroyed any and all Uruks that came under its shadow.
As you stood at the top of the hill, gazing at the horizon, Gandalf spoke:
“Sauron’s wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift. The battle for Helm’s Deep is over.
The battle for Middle-earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little Hobbits, somewhere in the wilderness.”
You saw in your head a scene of Frodo and Sam, looking very sad, but Sam was speaking rather deeply,
*“I can’t do this Sam.” Frodo cried.
“I know. It’s all wrong.” Sam said, looking out, “By rights, we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy. How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing. This shadow, even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it’ll shine out the clearer. Those are the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now, folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding onto something.”
“What are we holding on to Sam?”
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for,”*
You were shaken out of it.
“Herenya!” Legolas yelled.
You smiled at everyone, “Somehow, I feel Frodo and Sam will be all right.”
So you think everything is okay. You’ve just defeated a grand army of Uruk-hai and Legolas is safe.
I forgot to mention the baby lately, sorry, but here’s some stuff on it:
Since you stayed quite a while in Lothlorien (check the book) your stomach began to show and you were beginning to walk funny (you know, like you’re carrying something really heavy), only yours is just slightly. You were beginning to become tired more easily, but you wouldn’t admit it to anyone, then they’d treat you all nice, and make you sit around while everyone fought. Legolas seemed to notice but he didn’t push it. He did make sleep and eat a lot then you had the time although. But you weren’t arguing.
There you have the end of part 2!!!!!