Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

34. Over?

You ran out of your room, past the guards, past all the debris, past the crowds of people, and found yourself at the gate. Men upon men were coming in. Some wounded, some running towards their families. You turned around over and over again, looking for a familiar golden head. Slowly the crowd of soldiers dimmed out and you were left standing alone among a crowd of rejoicing people.
“Legolas?” you called out.
Tears began to seep through your eyelids.
“No.” you whispered, “Legolas!” you yelled.
You turned, staring at the gate. You tried to wipe away the tears. In a moment of clear vision you saw a lone figure, standing in the entry. You quickly wiped the tears away and saw clearly who it was.
“Legolas!” you yelled.
You ran and jumped into Legolas’ arms.
“Herenya.” Legolas said.
You quickly kissed him.
“I,” kiss, “missed,” kiss, “you,” kiss, “so much,” you said.
“Why are you crying?”
“I thought you were dead.”
“No. I am fine.”
“I beat him, Legolas.”
“Beat who?”
“Sauron. He was in my head and I beat him out.”
“That is amazing. I knew you could do it.”
Legolas than knelt down and kissed your belly.
“Legolas, there are people.”
“Hey, everybody! The woman of my dreams is having my baby!” Legolas yelled, getting a smatter of cheers back.
“Oh, Legolas, I love you!”
“I love you, too.”
“Come on, there is someone I want you to meet.”
You led Legolas up to the hospital and, after whispering to a nurse, you were shown to a room. When you entered you saw a man of great honour sitting up in a bed. He had red hair, and brown eyes. His face was sorrowful, until he spotted you at the door. His face quickly became filled with happiness.
“Faramir!” you cried, and ran to his side, enveloping him in a grand embrace.
Faramir welcomed your embrace and then his face hardened when he looked behind you. You looked towards Legolas, then back at Faramir.
“Legolas, this is Faramir, the one I told you about.” You paused, “Faramir, this is Legolas, my fiancée.”
Legolas and Faramir stared at each other and then Faramir rose from his bed, and met Legolas in the middle of the room. They clasped hands and Faramir quickly stuttered out,
“Legolas, I very much desired to meet you. I wanted to be able to tell the person in which has the love of Herenya, how lucky he is, in person.”
“Much appreciated. Herenya told me how you helped her and became a great friend in so short a time. Nothing is more sacred to me then the safety of my love.” Legolas smiled.
“Yes. Herenya, you must tell me all about your struggles with Sauron, but not now. I am tired, and Gandalf has called a council.” Faramir said.
He tried to walk back to the bed but he began to sway and he almost fell over, but you quickly were at his side and you helped him to the bed. After that you and Legolas left for the Citadel.

“Frodo has passed beyond my sight.” Gandalf explained, “The darkness in deepening.”
“If Sauron had the Ring we would know it.” Aragorn interrupted.
“It's only a matter of time.” Gandalf said again, “He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping.”
“Let him stay there. Let him rot! Why should we care?” Gimli said through a puff of smoke.
*Idiot dwarf.*
Gandalf explained, “Because ten thousand Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom. I've sent him to his death.”
“No.” Aragorn announced, “There's still hope for Frodo. He needs time, and safe passage across the Plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that.”
“How?” Gimli astounded.
“Draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands. Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate.”
Gimli coughed out a puff of smoke.
“We cannot achieve victory through strength of arms.” Eomer confessed.
“Not for ourselves,” Aragorn argued, “But we can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's Eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves.”
“A diversion.” Legolas answered to Aragorn’s riddle.
“Sauron will suspect a trap. He will not take the bait.” Gandalf decided.
“Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?” Gimli asked.
“Why do I always miss all the fun?!” you whined.

The host set out later that day. Aragorn rode at the front, looking like a king in his armor of Gondor, the White Tree plastered across his chest.
You waited for hours, as you knew in your mind that the host was coming closer and closer to their doom. Legolas is there, you thought.
At the moment the host finally reached their destination, you began having pains in your stomach. No, you thought, not the baby, not now. You rushed up to the hospital, the pains becoming more and more severe. Finally you reached the hospital and rushed in.
“Help me!” you yelled, “I’m having a baby!”
Nurses rushed to you and they helped you to a bed.
“Get Faramir.” You said.
“But, milady-”
“Get Faramir!” you yelled, “Legolas is not here, so get Faramir!”
“Yes, milady.”
A little woman rushed to Faramir’s room and retrieved him. She came back with a half-asleep Faramir.
“Herenya! What is happening?”
“I can not have this baby, Faramir! Legolas is not here. I can’t . . .” you were cut off as pain ran through you.
*Herenya.* a voice whispered in your head.
“No!” you cried. “Not you again.”
*It’s time Herenya.*
“No it is not!”
*Come to me Herenya.*
Your eyes went black and you couldn’t see anything. You could hear Faramir yelling your name.