Status: Done!

I Will Always Be Here for You

8. Lothlorien

The fellowship emerged out of the mines, onto a rocky hillock. You held on to Legolas.
“He is not dead, Legolas. He can not be. He is not!” you yelled.
“Legolas, get them up.” Aragorn yelled.
“Give them a moment for pity's sake.” Boromir yelled back.
“By nightfall these hills will be swarming with orcs. We must reach the woods of Lothlorien. Come, Boromir. Legolas, get them up.”
You ran along. The running was the only thing keeping you from bursting out into tears. Legolas knew there was something wrong. But he never said anything. Finally you reached the woods of Lothlorien and ran inside. You looked up with awe familiarity at the welcoming embrace of the golden trees. You always liked Lorien more then Rivendell.
“Stay close young hobbits! Thay say a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf witch of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell. And are never seen again.” Gimli whispered to the Hobbits.
“Gimli! That is my grandmother you speak of.” You glared at him.
Gimli gave a hmmph in your direction.
“Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox.”
Just then, you were surrounded by elves with bows and arrows pointed at you
“Seriously, Haldir? Do you have to threaten me?” you said.
Then a handsome blond elf walks out in front of Aragorn.
“The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark.” Haldir said amusingly.
“Haldir o Lorien. Henio anron, boe ammen i dulu ln. Boe ammen veriad ln. (Haldir of Lorien. We come here for help. We need your protection.)” Aragorn said expertly in the elvish tongue.
“Aragorn, these woods are perilous. We should go back.” Gimli said, looking from side to side.
“You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back.” Haldir said.
Haldir led the fellowship a ways into the wood. But since it was getting dark you all took shelter in the lookout planks in the trees. You and legolas took one, looked over by two elves. The Hobbits were in one, and Aragorn, Boromir, and Gimli in another. You quickly went to sit on the edge so you could watch the sunset. You whispered under your breath:
“He's not coming back. Gandalf. I will remember you always.”
Legolas must have heard you, for he came to sit by you.
“Herenya, are you all right?”
“No! How could he leave me. He was my best friend, my mentor, the person I trusted the most in this world.”
You had tears streaming down you face now, and so, Legolas held you. Putting his cheek on your head, he rubbed your back.”
“I am lost without him.” You whispered.
“You still have me.”
You looked up and smiled at your beloved. You kissed Legolas as if it was the first time.
“I am sorry my lady, but our scouts have spotted orcs, we need you up against the back.” One of the guard elves said.
You and Legolas got up and sat on the other side.
“We must go. Once we're down, bring up the rope ladder. And lady? It is nice to have you back. The forest has been dull without you.” The second elf said to you kindly.
“Thank you.” You smiled warmly.
With that they left you. Legolas crawled over and pulled up the ladder. He came to sit beside you. Legolas brushed a stray hair off of your face. He leaned down and kissed you. An all-consuming kiss with passion and fire. You passed your tongue along Legolas' lips and he opened up to you. Twirling his tongue with yours you felt a sensation you had never felt before. A little moan escaped your throat. You and Legolas slid down so that he was lying on top of you. You placed your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. When you finally came apart you both were breathing deeply.
“I love you, Legolas.”
“I love you too, Herenya.”
Legolas lay down beside you and held you tight. You fell asleep to the soft breathing of Legolas and the feel of his hands on your stomach.